Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

They should have called it a Celica.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
They should have called it a Celica.
Would of been more fitting. FT-86 seems kind of odd.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tC= Toyota Celica. FT-86 is reminiscent of the AE86 Corolla, which this car pays homage to.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Very very few would walk his camaro. There is'nt that many fast honda's.....can those 2 words even be used in the same sentence
Wrong, open up your eyes. A good friend of mines has a nice EG hatch with a junkyard H22 that he daily drive's that's right up there with my car, doesn't have any major weight reduction or anything like that. It's not hard to have a fast street-driven Honda, you just have to know what you're working with.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Go run him from a dig and report back to us. Track times??

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-05-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Hell 10 sec street driven fox bodies are'nt that common.....same goes for f-bodys. Hell I think I was the fastest ls f-body all 3 times at the track....and I don't run 10's . A 10sec street Honda would be like seeing a unicorn.

what the hell? I can't tell if you're being serious or just trolling. If you've really only been to the track 3 times, you have absolutely no weight in deciding how many fast street cars are around you, or anywhere else in the world.

go look in the 10 second section, and tell me how many of those guys drive their cars on the street. probably 98% of them. As for fast honda's, there are a **** ton of them. Get out of that mountain village you live in.

EDIT: i would think for having a STREET CAR that runs 11.1's, you wouldn't be so dense about this subject.

Last edited by 'WHEELS'; 12-06-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

I have been in the 10sec section. There's not even a full page of posts. I figured that out pretty good for a dense guy.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'd rock it. That thing would be fun as hell on a twisty road.
So would I. About damn time they came out with something like this.

Originally Posted by TheHitman
LOL at all of the people complaining about horsepower. Obviously this car isn't for you if you are complaining about horsepower. Its not my cup of tea but its a car meant for handling not going to the drag strip with.

And @DiscerningZ32 even if its power to weight is worse than a V6 Camry, its not fwd and would be significantly faster, and better handling due to better weight distribution and suspension.
Agreed

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
I miss the original MR2
MK1 MR2s rock. I had an 86 and have a 88 SC. God they are FUN to drive and I would kill for an 85-86 in blue

tC= Toyota Celica. FT-86 is reminiscent of the AE86 Corolla, which this car pays homage to.
Yes and that car was slow too in the straights. I never understood why they went for some much money. I had an orginal red one that I sold for a shitload of money. Boring car to drive

http://www.mk3.us/mike/gtspic.asp

Originally Posted by mac62989
This whole arguement is kind of retarded. Everyone bitches about new muscle cars weighing too much when they have serious power. Now everyone is bitching that this "light" car doesnt have enough power. Pretty much a perfect car that appeals to everyone will never exist. Am I excited over this Toyota? No, not in the least bit. I had an 04 Celica GTS. I believe the curb weight was around 2500 lbs and it was rated at 180ish hp. It revved up pretty damn high and the only difference was it was FWD. Honestly compared to my WS6 the only thing I liked more about it was that it was better in rain and easier to park. For this price range Id be interested in the new Golf R that is coming out in a few months. It has more power and is AWD. While not quite as light thats the best bang for the buck IMO. Everyone is going to like different things and have different reasons to justify what they bought or why they spent the money they did. No need for bickering.
Good post. I could never get into the 00-04 GTS cars too much...

There are TONS of fast Hondas out there. Many of them are in the DC/VA/MD metro area.
You are correct. I know at least 10 around here that are daily drivers and they would clobber my Z. Popular car around here to mod
Old 12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Lol @ the 10 sec car discussion here!
If this car was built for handling, then it would sport a better weight distribution than 54/46 fr/rr. Not saying it won't handle, but as a platform w/o hp (the biggest arguement on an LS1 site - go figure), handling should be the primary focus, and saying that, the car probably should have been built as close to 50/50 as possible.

Unless I'm missing something (it happens, lol)??
Old 12-08-2011, 02:14 PM
***Repost Police***

With the focus on moving as much weight as possible toward the center of the car, I imagine it will handle better than other cars with similar weight distribution.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure this thread just made me dumber...especially reading anything this Latch character has posted. He sounds like an ignorant teenager who just got an Fbody.

This car is made to be light and fun, not a straight line monster. What is so hard to understand? I also think anyone comparing it to various superior used cars needs to be banned.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

With the focus on moving as much weight as possible toward the center of the car, I imagine it will handle better than other cars with similar weight distribution.
Excellent point, sometimes weight distribution numbers can skewer the fact of where the weight is being carried.

Similar things happen when people compare dry weight numbers of 1000cc bikes to 600s. Yes they are not much different in dry weight anymore, but add fluids, and the fact that a 1000 carries a lot more weight higher in the frame, and you have a much different handling bike.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01formula6
I'm pretty sure this thread just made me dumber...especially reading anything this Latch character has posted. He sounds like an ignorant teenager who just got an Fbody.

This car is made to be light and fun, not a straight line monster. What is so hard to understand? I also think anyone comparing it to various superior used cars needs to be banned.
No need to call people names sir. The real ignorance is insulting someone for posting their opinion on a discussion board. My opinion is a car needs POWER to be fun, not just lightweight. Therefore I feel this car will not be worth the money they're charging for it when there are better alternatives for the money, not only on the second hand market but new cars as well (for instance the new WRX).

There, now how hard is that to understand?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread turned to **** by page 3. Now it's less than ****. Congrats on a new low, select retards.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

100 shot.. /thread.

Haha.. ugly car, gutless motor. What a waste. At least give the Subaru a turbo so it's fun from light to light.

Quick Reply: Revealed - Toyota FT-86 (Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ in the US) RWD sports car