Old 11-29-2011, 10:32 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be fair, most people are stupid.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The blue Subaru version above looks much better than the Toyota.

LOL @ LF-A being on par with an Aventador. I've seen a few of both in person, there is no comparison there. Aventador >>>>> LFA. Most people walk by an LF-A thinking it is a 20-year old Supra with a body kit.
Just stating my opinion also seeing both cars in person. I will agree though that in everything other than looks the Aventador >>>> LFA.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

So who's gonna be the first to ls this heep?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
With the largest emphasis placed on light weight and handling, which so many of you pretend to care about. And it's even rumored to start at a great price. But it doesn't run 12s, so it sucks.
It's not even going to run 13s is the problem. The even bigger problem is that it's a high compression N/A motor, so making more power out of it once you get sick of getting beat by four-door family cars is going to be very pricey.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's a pointless parallel to draw, because we are talking about two COMPLETELY different cars. I think some of you people just like to bitch about everything; we're talking about a car that weighs the same as a Mini Cooper S (which everybody can agree is a fun car), but has basically 40hp more, and is RWD. With the largest emphasis placed on light weight and handling, which so many of you pretend to care about. And it's even rumored to start at a great price. But it doesn't run 12s, so it sucks.
Most people on this forum will not care about this car if it doers not accelerate well. Since that is relative, I am sure most people here are not impressed by a 98mph trap speed, especially when that number is close to so many pedestrian sedans. It might be fun to throw through a turnaround, or tool around on a clover leaf, but to must of us that will go out the window when we tried to accelerate to squeeze into a spot in traffic only to be denied by some blue hair in a Lexus ES350.

If this thing was going to come with the STI's turbo 2.5, I would probably be trying to track down ordering timeline and pricing.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TriShield
Dat STi

some strange Aston Martin styling cues as well as RX8 and WRX. great looking car, just so underpowered. i suppose itll be very simple to swap in a EJ255/257
Old 11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Miata still sales between 10-15k models a year in the U.S. so something tells me this thing will sell about 30k+ between the two different models offered here. That's enough to be considered successful in this segment especially when you consider how many boring cars they sell to retards elsewhere. I would personally drive the hell out of the Subaru, but honestly it either needs a little boost or rev to almost 8000rpm. So far neither looks to be happening.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Ya that Subie is sexy, but being RWD with no boost, ill pass. I swear no one makes a performance AWD vehicle that I like and need with Northeast winters..
Old 11-29-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by justin455
The Miata still sales between 10-15k models a year in the U.S. so something tells me this thing will sell about 30k+ between the two different models offered here. That's enough to be considered successful in this segment especially when you consider how many boring cars they sell to retards elsewhere. I would personally drive the hell out of the Subaru, but honestly it either needs a little boost or rev to almost 8000rpm. So far neither looks to be happening.
Huh? The Miata is also one of (if not the) cheapest convertible on the market, and it has a HUGE following, so I doubt this will sell anywhere near twice as many. Not only that, but we still haven't been given a price on this car. With all the features it has I'm guessing it will start around $30k, I don't see it selling well at that price. If they can keep the price at or under $20k I could see it selling well, but there's no way that's going to happen.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by gocartone
Huh? The Miata is also one of (if not the) cheapest convertible on the market, and it has a HUGE following, so I doubt this will sell anywhere near twice as many. Not only that, but we still haven't been given a price on this car. With all the features it has I'm guessing it will start around $30k, I don't see it selling well at that price. If they can keep the price at or under $20k I could see it selling well, but there's no way that's going to happen.
Quoted for future reference. I'm guessing somewhere around $22k for one of them, at least.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It will come to America as a Scion (aka cheap toyota) and a Subaru. I'm willing to bet each model will sell about the same amount as the aging (and sales declining) Miata. Therefore about 30k units combined. They're something new and totally different than any other car in each manufacturers line-up. I agree with Irunelevens. The Scion version will probably go for anywhere between 22-25k and the Subaru will probably go for around 24-28k. Remember the WRX starts at 24,9XX with more expensive turbos and awd.

Quoted for future reference. I'm guessing somewhere around $22k for one of them, at least.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

I would guess that would be the absolute lowest possible price.
After all, even a bare bones Scion TC starts at $19,305 (pre-shipped, etc.).
And that car is completely run-of-the-mill but with "unique" styling.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So who's gonna be the first to ls this heep?
I am betting the hood will be too low. Hopefully it will work though. These will be cheap on the used market.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nanokpsi
I am betting the hood will be too low. Hopefully it will work though. These will be cheap on the used market.
I doubt that, Japanese sports cars like this usually hold their value pretty good.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
That styling is pretty terrible, I had higher hopes for this car. We needed some import to help introduce the ricer youths to RWD performance, so that they'd eventually get it and buy a V8 RWD car later. Toyota designers should just go jump off a cliff, they fail continuously. Even their halo car the Lexus LF-A looks 10 years behind the times.

The 370Z looks better and more masculine than this car. Hopefully the Subaru version looks less comic-book looking.
Of course this is meant for handling and not drag racing, but that doesn't mean they had to make it slower than a freakin' Camry. IDK how anyone can even try to defend the 197hp in 2011, maybe in 1999 197hp would be fine for a car of this weight but not today. The 2600lb isn't even confirmed yet, is it? STI version is not going to have a turbo, that has already been confirmed; so it's just a no-*****, no-turbo, and over-priced car.
Agreed.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Not everyone wants a V8 RWD car...
True.
And not everyone wants a "supposed" performance car that's desperately weak when it comes to straight line performance either.
Good handling/braking and strong acceleration don't have to be mutually exclusive either, even in the $20k-$30k price range.

Originally Posted by TriShield
This will be ten times the driver's car of a V6 (and even a GT) Mustang or Camaro SS.
Oh, yeah, 500 times more even.
Exaggerate much? Especially considering that the freakin' thing isn't even out yet.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
True.
And not everyone wants a "supposed" performance car that's desperately weak when it comes to straight line performance either.
Good handling/braking and strong acceleration don't have to be mutually exclusive either, even in the $20k-$30k price range.
Think of it as a better-handling, RWD Civic Si alternative. Or a slightly slower, WAY lighter, better-handling alternative to the V6 pony cars. Some people will trade a little straight line speed for a connected, nimble, responsive chassis.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Think of it as a better-handling, RWD Civic Si alternative. Or a slightly slower, WAY lighter, better-handling alternative to the V6 pony cars. Some people will trade a little straight line speed for a connected, nimble, responsive chassis.
I agree. While I'm still VERY straight line performance (along with good handling) oriented I must admit, I've driven two different (stock) Miatas and even a Pontiac Solstice over the years and I was certainly able to appreciate/enjoy a nimble, sharp handling (yet somewhat slow) sports car like that.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Veteran

A little perspective.

Revealed - Toyota FT-86 (Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ in the US) RWD sports car-vkl7g.png
Old 11-30-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

To make matters worse, it appears that only elfs will be able to fit in it, lol.

Quick Reply: Revealed - Toyota FT-86 (Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ in the US) RWD sports car