Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

ZL1 outruns GT500 at VIR: Lightning Lap 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mlee
Actually you are. This is all broken record stuff you just continue to copy/paste because you don't have the capacity to think on your own. Nice to see you found your way to an LS forum to spread your BS. The Al O rhetoric is so old it's pathetic. Guess you found yourself a new audience over here.

Great Thread for a while... later guys..
Not calling you a liar but is there anyway you could post proof? If its true I will enjoy his rebuttal or possible yours.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
I sure hope you're kidding. Not everyone is brand loyal. Ya kno there are ppl out there that are car enthusiasts... If I had your money id have a performance car from each of the big 3.
Just seems as much as you rag on GM and the ZL1 you would at least point out a few of the overpriced **** products Chrysler has put out over the last few years. For example, why is the Charger & Challenger RT's running in the high 13s when a comparable V8 Mustang and Camsro are solidly in the 12s. Or why I would have to spend 50 grand for an SRT model just to keep up with a Camaro SS or Mustang GT. Just sayin...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Laughing at the fan boys getting butt hurt, thanks for that guys
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mlee
Actually you are. This is all broken record stuff you just continue to copy/paste because you don't have the capacity to think on your own. Nice to see you found your way to an LS forum to spread your BS. The Al O rhetoric is so old it's pathetic. Guess you found yourself a new audience over here.

Great Thread for a while... later guys..
Actually you asshat I was "BigHemiSrt" on communist5. Look up the profile and everything will match this one dumb ***. I've "found" my way to ls1tech probably long before you found your way to your playground of the gheys. Nothing is new over here. Wtf your speaking of copy and paste I have no idea but thanks for the compliment.

Originally Posted by firebird99
Ok so AL O lied the zl1 get embarrassed by a gt500 in a straight line and goes tit for tat at the track. Happy now? Probably not your still going to surf the web and your best to discredit the zl1 and anyone who picks it over the gt500 that sir is what makes you a troll. If your such a car enthaustist and not brand loyal then why spend so much time trashing a car for what it isn't and instead appreciate it for what it is?
Umm see post #90 I gave the car its due props. What more u what me to do? Do like Mlee and get on my knees for Al O and his supercar? How how about take it up the *** like he does? I see why you all are so butt hurt, Al O must be packing.

Originally Posted by firebird99
Not calling you a liar but is there anyway you could post proof? If its true I will enjoy his rebuttal or possible yours.
So how is it working for the CIA? or do you just do this for fun?? Racing is a fun hobby ya kno...

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Just seems as much as you rag on GM and the ZL1 you would at least point out a few of the overpriced **** products Chrysler has put out over the last few years. For example, why is the Charger & Challenger RT's running in the high 13s when a comparable V8 Mustang and Camsro are solidly in the 12s. Or why I would have to spend 50 grand for an SRT model just to keep up with a Camaro SS or Mustang GT. Just sayin...
Ummmm why would I point out Chryslers overpriced **** when this is a thread about the zl1 and GT500??? Seems like you could have figured that out on you're own.

I know what you're trying to accomplish but taking jabs at mother mopar doesn't upset me one bit. It further just proves that you sir are butt hurt BC I'm speaking facts on the zl1/Al0/gm. You're simply trying to return the favor. I would give you an A for effort but sadly you didn't comprehend my last response to you so you get an F for failure...

Just to loosen your panties I'll say Chrysler is overpriced. Overweight and behind the other two in performance overall. At the same time whatever it is they're doing its working. Just check the growth % of the 3 for 2012. Lets just say the zl1 didn't spark sales...

Last edited by GotHemi?; 01-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

we all race at the road course. on the street and strip a pro-hero driver road-course time is what matters.

since 1982 the camaro has out handled the mustang. has it ever mattered. ever.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

.....bad post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
we all race at the road course. on the street and strip a pro-hero driver road-course time is what matters.

since 1982 the camaro has out handled the mustang. has it ever mattered. ever.
It's mattered to me. I like a good handling car.

I don't know what the **** storm is here. The gt500 is faster in a straight line by a wide margin. The ZL1 out handles it by a wide margin. On a road coarse the only thing that keeps a Gt500 near it on some tracks is it's acceleration. On tighter technical coarses like VIR it gets it's *** stomped.

When mods start the superior chassis of the ZL1 will be even more of a benefit for all round performance. If any of you don't think the lsa is not just as, if not more capable than the 5.8.....then you need to lay the crack pipe down.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

I don't know what the **** storm is here. The gt500 is faster in a straight line by a wide margin. The ZL1 out handles it by a wide margin. On a road coarse the only thing that keeps a Gt500 near it on some tracks is it's acceleration. On tighter technical coarses like VIR it gets it's *** stomped.

When mods start the superior chassis of the ZL1 will be even more of a benefit for all round performance. If any of you don't think the lsa is not just as, if not more capable than the 5.8.....then you need to lay the crack pipe down.
Oh the ford fan boys will be all over this one in 3...2..1
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

If any of you don't think the lsa is not just as, if not more capable than the 5.8.....then you need to lay the crack pipe down.

The 5.8 is all forged, is the LSA?

Who needs to lay the crack pipe down?

Keep drinking the Kool Aid
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Lets see if I understand...

GT500 vs ZL1 @ the strip/acceleration tests= GT500-103 ZL1-0. GT500 by a wide margin.

GT500 vs ZL1 @ road courses= GT500-2 ZL1-2 "tie"-1. ZL1 by a wide margin??? Seems legit.

Jesus Christ.

Hio when's the last time you raced your Camaro on a road course? What were your lap times?

Last edited by GotHemi?; 01-07-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heater

Just when you think he can't get stupider he proves you wrong.

Impressive to say the least.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 PM
***Repost Police***

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the ZL1 was run the day after the GT500 (different classes), and they were fighting light rain on the day the GT500's class was run. OP, anything in the magazine about that?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the ZL1 was run the day after the GT500 (different classes), and they were fighting light rain on the day the GT500's class was run. OP, anything in the magazine about that?
Yea, I mentioned this earlier but it got ignored by the kool-aid drinkers...

They also said it would destroy the Shelby at the road course, which it doesn't. Matter of fact its slower in some cases. In this test they were NOT tested on the same day nor by the same drivers. C&D was fighting rain the day the GT500's class was ran. We both seen what happens when these two cars are on the track at the same time. A tuned GT500 passed a bolt on pullied zl1 like it was a v6.
That is why this test is complete bullshit. If something smells like **** it usually is. These two are always within a .5 sec of each other then all of a sudden the ZL1 is magically 3 seconds faster. Of course the ZL1 fan boys would run with that no questions asked...
Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Im going to guess you also read that on svtpp? Atleast that's where I read it and if true I would agree its not a fair comparasion but I have yet to see any proof other then "the pill" preaching it to his swallowers....
Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
***Repost Police***

I haven't been on svtp in months.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Laughing at the fan boys getting butt hurt, thanks for that guys
I agree. The Mustang guys are seriously butt hurt about the ZL1 for whatever reason. We all know they don't like it so move on.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

If I remember correctly someone blew up a Gt500 engine @ a high 9. The ZL1 lived threw it. The ford apparently needs to be forged. Look around instead of making dumbass comments like you usually do and you will find ls pickup truck stock bottom ends in the 8's.....even the lowly 4.8. All that **** is cast. What's your excuse now?

Lets see if I understand...

GT500 vs ZL1 @ the strip/acceleration tests= GT500-103 ZL1-0. GT500 by a wide margin.

GT500 vs ZL1 @ road courses= GT500-2 ZL1-2 "tie"-1. ZL1 by a wide margin??? Seems legit.

Jesus Christ.

Hio when's the last time you raced your Camaro on a road course? What were your lap times?
Read above and try to comprehend it. The ZL handles much better, that means it makes time threw the corners. The GT500 makes time down the straights. This means the ZL handles better no matter what the lap times say. How do you morons think the 1LE got within 9 tenths with 236 less hp????

It's been a log time since I have made laps in my car. To be quite frank I don't wanna be in that thing when something goes wrong or I run out of talent......it is entirely to fast to want to wreck in w/o safety equipment. It can run ~160mph down the front stretch @ Summit Point. Not to mention track days are very expensive and I don't have the coolers on it to make everything live lap after lap. This does not mean I don't enjoy a good handling car.

Hell I'm not gonna buy either of these cars. Mainly because I don't wanna pay personal property tax or sales tax on them.

I understand you guys wanna swing from the 2013 Gt500's *******.....because the previous years was a pretty big fail from what I have seen.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

GT 500's have been in the 9's without nitrous, that particular one had a nitrous malfunction and that's what blew it up.

You are one to say someone makes dumb *** comments. Everybody on here thinks you are a joke with the ignorant excuses that you get hung up on. I would hate to walk through life with blinders on.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=HioSSilver;17039141]The ZL handles much better, that means it makes time threw the corners. The GT500 makes time down the straights. This means the ZL handles better no matter what the lap times say. How do you morons think the 1LE got within 9 tenths with 236 less hp????
QUOTE]

Hmmm care to explain how it was so close to the ZL1 down 150hp? This was with a missed shift so it would have been even closer to the ZL1's time with no mistakes. Im guessing these two were actually tested on the same day so it makes it much more apples to apples than the GT500 comparison. They are both the same chassis, similiar suspension, but the ZL1 has more grip and a lot more hp.

My guess it's because the ZL1 isnt making advertised hp due to inefficient cooling.

Also youre a nut case if you honestly think the LSA can consistently make more power than a 5.4 or 5.8. Just because ONE failed at a certain power level doesnt me all will. Tunes can be off. Malfunctions happen.

By your logic they can have 100's of 5.4/5.8's @ 900+ rwhp but if ONE fails @ 900 and that means ALL will fail, nevermind the 100's that are well over that mark.

If ONE (LS)A makes 900rwhp yet 100's have let go @ 800rwhp that means they all will make 900rwhp all day every day, nevermind the 100's that failed @ 800.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

GT 500's have been in the 9's without nitrous, that particular one had a nitrous malfunction and that's what blew it up.

You are one to say someone makes dumb *** comments. Everybody on here thinks you are a joke with the ignorant excuses that you get hung up on. I would hate to walk through life with blinders on.
I thought they blew it up with a bigger blower not spray? I guess that means evolution and lethal used nitrous?

Quick Reply: ZL1 outruns GT500 at VIR: Lightning Lap 2013