Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Edmunds: Instrumented C7 Stingray tests

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
Youre not supposed to be able to afford a dream car. Thats what makes it a dream, just like a veyron is my dream car. No chance of ever owning one much less seeing a bunch driving around.
Thank you GM for making our dream car affordable
Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually have nothing but disdain for car-reviewing/testing companies, but this video was actually very good and makes me all the more excited for the C7.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by proxemics
Thank you GM for making our dream car affordable
Yall have some pretty sad dreams if a corvette is a top prize.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by gocartone
^All they need to do is shrink it down. There is no need for a sports car to have SUV-like interior room. Same goes for the new Corvette.
Have you looked at the average American lately? Cars have to have SUV-like interior room because our population's body size, on average, is SUV-like.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you really are quite a douche. Not everyone makes 6 figures or has the expendable income to be able afford caring for a family, house, etc... and still have money left over for a luxury item like a Corvette.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LEO
Wow, you really are quite a douche. Not everyone makes 6 figures or has the expendable income to be able afford caring for a family, house, etc... and still have money left over for a luxury item like a Corvette.
A dream car is a dream car, doesn't need to be realistic in any way.
Not saying a Corvette can't be a dream car though, since mine is a '69 ZL-1.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I have no shame admitting a h/c Z06 with sick wheels is my dream car. You should be sad its not yours. I dont need a million dollars car to be happy.

I would like to own a turbo 911 someday, or a ACR Viper, but the Vette is so badass. The Z06 with the right stance and wheels will look as good as any car on the planet.

When I was 17 my dream car was a 98 Camaro SS...Some plp have a passion about muscle cars..some dont.

Last edited by Johnnystock; 08-02-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LEO
Why thank you, I like to set my dream standards pretty high since its a dream, not a possible reality (unless maybe you hit the lottery).

And next time come up with something better than douche plz, im all for a good insult but not by common everyday ones. A *** felching **** troll would have been a better choice.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The Corvette isn't necessarily the prize...but the joy of driving it the way it was meant to be driven with the person I love on some of the most gorgeous roads I can find is a pretty damn good one to me.

I would rather have that than die wanting a one of a kind Ferrari with a "perfect" model in the seat just because they're more exclusive, expensive, or prestigious.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I have no shame admitting a h/c Z06 with sick wheels is my dream car. You should be sad its not yours. I dont need a million dollars car to be happy.

I would like to own a turbo 911 someday, or a ACR Viper, but the Vette is so badass. The Z06 with the right stance and wheels will look as good as any car on the planet.

When I was 17 my dream car was a 98 Camaro SS...Some plp have a passion about muscle cars..some dont.
Same thoughts here...that's how I ended up with my 99 SS and will never let it go!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

To all the guys bitching about the weight, do you really think you care more about weight than GM engineers and execs, who have much more incentive to keep the weight down than you? If there was an easy solution it would have been done. The car is 200lbs too heavy, so what. It puts down solid numbers. I highly doubt most people on here would even be able to notice a 200lb difference. Besides, corvettes have basically been in the 3100-3400lb range for the past 60 years which is very impressive given the myriad of regulations and market shifts that have occurred during that time period.

Taking care of all of life's priorities and still having the money left over to spend on a new corvette which is most likely a second or third car puts you in a position 6.5 billion other people on the planet would love to be in. It's a goal no one should be ashamed of.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
Taking care of all of life's priorities and still having the money left over to spend on a new corvette which is most likely a second or third car puts you in a position 6.5 billion other people on the planet would love to be in. It's a goal no one should be ashamed of.
Its not that they should be ashamed of it, but heres how im seeing this.

Corvette (im not talking zr1 here) = moderately priced sports car. Good realistic, reachable goal to get to.

Dream car: ITS A DREAM. Money is of no object, this is left to whatever your heart desires. Sure Iit aint gotta be a million dollar koenigsegg or anything but a ******* 55k corvette? Cmon, we can all dream a little wilder than that.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Thank you GM or in my case Ford for making our dream car affordable so we can actually accomplish other more important things in life than just dreaming about cars
Old 08-04-2013, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by proxemics
Thank you GM or in my case Ford for making our dream car affordable so we can actually accomplish other more important things in life than just dreaming about cars

Id like to thank my grandparents for always telling me to dream big, and that no one can take away your dreams. They may never be reality, but im gonna set mine higher than a damn dime a dozen 55k ****** corvette. You could set the bar at least a little higher to a zr1 not just the plain jane base model that's almost as common as a damn Mustang.

And im gonna add to this as well with a scenario so that I know we are on the same page. Clearly my definition of a DREAM CAR is vastly different, anyways heres the scenario.

You find a magic lamp and out pops a genie. He says to you, I will grant you the one wish of whatever car your heart desires. Regardless of cost, rarity, production, or any other factor.

And some of you say,
"Oh why thank you genie, Ill take a base model Corvette. No z06, no zr1, no lingenfelter or callaway version, just a regular ol vette."

Am I understanding that correctly or are we on just 2 totally different dream definitions?

I said it once in here and Ill say it again. Its a great REALISTIC, REACHABLE GOAL for real life. Hell its a goal of mine to be able to afford a new vette, but to say a dream car, no.

Last edited by Tainted; 08-04-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

When something subjective is argued as having a certain meaning/definition a sh*t storm usually ensues. There is no right or wrong answer, it differs to each person and their circumstances.

To get the thread back on track, I'm excited about the statistics on this car. I can't wait to see Randy's impressions of this car later on in Car and Driver.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm happy with my lowly base corvette.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Its not that they should be ashamed of it, but heres how im seeing this.

Corvette (im not talking zr1 here) = moderately priced sports car. Good realistic, reachable goal to get to.

Dream car: ITS A DREAM. Money is of no object, this is left to whatever your heart desires. Sure Iit aint gotta be a million dollar koenigsegg or anything but a ******* 55k corvette? Cmon, we can all dream a little wilder than that.

i gotta agree with tainted here. i think people are starting to confuse the definition of dream car.

nobody is arguing the fact that corvette's aren't cool, and we would all like to own one. To those of you that DO own one, high five, you should be proud of it. But if that is what you consider your DREAM CAR, how do you feel about the high end exotics etc? A dream car is basically the car you would choose if money was no object, somebody gave you a billion dollars and said pick any car in the world. You're gonna go with a corvette?

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I'm happy with my lowly base corvette.
as would all of us... but i KNOW you have a list of "dream cars", UGR lambo's etc
Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 'WHEELS'
i gotta agree with tainted here. i think people are starting to confuse the definition of dream car.

nobody is arguing the fact that corvette's aren't cool, and we would all like to own one. To those of you that DO own one, high five, you should be proud of it. But if that is what you consider your DREAM CAR, how do you feel about the high end exotics etc? A dream car is basically the car you would choose if money was no object, somebody gave you a billion dollars and said pick any car in the world. You're gonna go with a corvette?

as would all of us... but i KNOW you have a list of "dream cars", UGR lambo's etc
Dream car for me would be a Koenigsegg CCXR or AgeraR
Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Dream car for me would be a Koenigsegg CCXR or AgeraR
Both very cool, styling on them is not my favorite. McLaren F1 LM and Pagani Zonda Revolucion fit me a little better.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Both very cool, styling on them is not my favorite. McLaren F1 LM and Pagani Zonda Revolucion fit me a little better.
Huayra. Hands down the most beautiful and badass car out right now.

Quick Reply: Edmunds: Instrumented C7 Stingray tests