Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

The New Lingenfelter Reaper!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default The New Lingenfelter Reaper!

Well I guess this is the response to Fords Raptor.... I think it would look really sick if it had a black grille guard that stuck out a few feet. Like something you'd see on a prerunner?

Anyone who has been around the performance automotive industry, either in the business or as an enthusiast, knows that Lingenfelter Performance Engineering has for many years been one of the big names in making vehicles, whether it be cars or trucks, get up and go a whole lot faster with a great deal more power. Its supercharger packages are legendary for producing whopping amounts of horsepower and torque.

Reaper-1Some time ago Lingenfelter began working with a truck and car up-fitter, Southern Comfort. One of Southern Comfort’s pet projects has been its Chevrolet pickup truck called the Reaper. It sports a mean look with an aggressively styled body panel package, off-road tires and wheels, as well as some fairly extensive suspension and undercarriage mod’s; making it more than the usual GM cab and box that hauls groceries.

Now with the help of Lingenfelter’s supercharger package, the Southern Comfort Reaper has become much more than mean. Now it may be just what many have been looking for — serious competition for Ford’s Raptor.

A look at the power numbers and features are impressive. The Lingenfelter Reaper Package delivers a 475 HP Lingenfelter supercharger package (TVS1900 Magnuson Supercharger) for the 5.3L V8.

Beyond the amazing power numbers, the Lingenfelter Southern Comfort Chevy comes with a restyled front clip, high clearance bumper with a reinforced skid plate, integrated flood light system, daytime LED running lights, FOX Racing suspension, Corsa Performance exhaust package, 20-inch bead lock wheels, 33-inch off-road tires, rock guards and side steps, auxiliary switch panel, special Reaper gauge package, custom stitched headrest covers and serialized Reaper badging.

For more information about the Lingenfelter Southern Comfort Reaper Chevy pickup truck, and where you can but one, check out the Lingenfelter Performance Engineering or the Southern Comfort websites.

Last edited by DoggyB22; 01-25-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Something like this?

Old 01-25-2014, 02:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan of the front end on the lingetnfelter. Cool idea though
Old 01-25-2014, 02:41 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Much ado about nothing. I state this in the context that Southern Comfort was already building this albeit without the engine mods. It's not GM's response to the Raptor -- it's a pair of aftermaket upfitters looking to cash in.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could the grill/fender/headlight area be ANY ******* uglier? god damn talk about fell down the ugly mountain and got an ugly rock slide to land on it.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think this is really a "response" to the raptor as GM isn't doing it.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

I posted a thread about this in the lounge when I first heard about this and after seeing it, not a fan. I like the power of it and the truck itself but I don't like the graphics, grille/front end and the 4 doors.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That front end/hood is disgusting. that is all
Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You can probably fit a blown 5.3 into an Aztec. That doesn't make it look good.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that thing looks terrible. I don't see how anyone could possibly think that thing looks good.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM
***Repost Police***

It actually kinda looks like a Charger
Old 01-28-2014, 08:27 AM
TECH Addict

I would choose the DUdge before this thing, not to mention the Raptor. For the additional 60+hp over Raptor, this hardly seems worthy. Plus, that S/C probably hinders off-road performance more than it helps. I'd have to pass on that.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

not crazy about the front end but I would still take one over a Raptor

I'm in the minority who finds the Raptor retard size "FORD" in the grill to be among the most gaudy things ever put into production.

But I wouldn't ever want to own either of them as I care nothing for off roading and both are sure to be overpriced fuel hogs
Old 02-20-2014, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like a fugly dodge front end, has less suspension travel than a Raptor, doesn't have the extra 7" width, 20" wheels are fugly as hell, still can only run a 33" tire and the $55k standard version doesn't even include a supercharger though they promote it like it does. You lose all the way around compared to a full optioned Raptor.

Only thing that actually looks decent on the truck is the Reaper emblem.

Quick Reply: The New Lingenfelter Reaper!