Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New Noble M14

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Noble M14

For those of you that don't know Noble makes a great car called the GTO. Runs about the same price as a Vette and generates acceleration and handling numbers on par or better than a z06! Sadly they don't distribute here in the states, though you can buy the car from 1G racing in Kit-Car form. Looks like Noble is releasing a new car called the M14.

Source: http://www.autoweek.nl/
Old 05-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take that body style over the Vette's anyday
Old 05-26-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

What type of engine and tranny???
Old 05-26-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

I believe it's a Turbo 6 (if I'm reading the Dutch right). The Noble M12 GTO also has a Turbo 6, and runs 12s inthe Qtr mile. I imagine this one should be similar.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Holy shizzlebizzle. That is one hot looking car. Very nice find. For some reason I really love that blue used on the gauges but I think my eyes would get sore from them after a while.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey, They are made next door to me at Super Performance in Ross, Ohio.I see them every day along with the Super Performance Cobra's. Rode in the noble and loved it the Blowoff valves go off in your ears it is nutts.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1RED6SPD
Hey, They are made next door to me at Super Performance in Ross, Ohio.I see them every day along with the Super Performance Cobra's. Rode in the noble and loved it the Blowoff valves go off in your ears it is nutts.
You need to ask these guys for details on the M14!!! I'm not terribly fond of the Noble M12GTO styling, it looks just a little too "British" for my tastes, but this thing.....oooh chills.....
Old 05-27-2004, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

That's wicked! How would you get a kit? Are the kits street legal?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sunsetz28
That's wicked! How would you get a kit? Are the kits street legal?
Info here
http://www.1gracing.com/

They're only showing infor for the Noble M12 GTO at this time though. The M14 is all new.

BTW this is Crazy!
"... Noble Cars UK has recently upgraded to a 3.0-liter 352 hp version for even more astonishing performance. This is the same Ford Duratec aluminum block V6 engine currently used in the Mazda 6, Lincoln LS, Jaguar X-Type and Ford Escape with the addition of twin turbo induction and slight engine mods. With this drivetrain the Noble GTO-3R is capable of going 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds, 0-100mph in 8.8 seconds, a quarter mile in 11.9 seconds, and has a lateral grip of 1.156g with street tires...."

-Adam,
Old 06-04-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

More info from Webwombat.com
When most people are quizzed about automotive exotica or 'supercars', Italian and German speed machines like the Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari Enzo and Mercedes McLaren SLR are usually the first to come to mind.

The Brits have cars like the Aston Martin DB9, and TVR has the manic Sagaris in its stable of lightweight track specials, but these vehicles aren't yet household names.

With a number of failures in the past and nothing exotic from internationally recognised Jaguar in quite some time, it's not really surprising.

But British are not out for the count yet, and the 2004 British Motor Show uncovered a slew of speedsters that may go some way to putting Great Britain back on the supercar map.

The first of the two new models is from Noble, who took the wraps off its M14, which the marque reckons will be on par with, and compete against the Porsche 911 Turbo and Ferrari's 360 Modena.

Big words, to be sure, but Noble's got an impressive record when it comes to building limited numbers of ridiculously responsive sportscars, and seeing as this new one packs a forced induction 3.0-litre V6, perhaps Ferrari and Porsche should take notice.

The M14 is a highly aerodynamic supercar with a rear wheel drive transmission, a mid-mounted engine and a low kerb weight.

Like the M12 GTO and the GTO-3 before it, the M14 is very light, and with about 300kW of power on tap it's expected to surpass the triple ton (300km/h), while accommodating more luggage space than you'd expect.

Where the M14 differs from its predecessors is in its appearance. While the car is technically similar to what Noble has been building for five year, the body work and its profile are much less 'track special' or 'kit car' and much more 'exotic supercar'.

Take a look at the front end for evidence - it's got a very 360 Modena look. There's the flat, sloping bonnet, large twin air dams and the clear lens headlight clusters that are reminiscent of Italian styling.

From behind, the new Noble screams exotica, what with the small, round, individual tail lights and road-hugging ground effects, including diffusers flanking the integrated exhaust pipes.

As one of the stand out models at the British Motor Show, the new supercar is available for £74,950 (AU$192,000), which makes it the flagship of the Noble range, falling into place above the existing M12 models.

The M14 is assembled in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, and thanks to the turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 Ford engine, it cranks out about 300kW and a whopping 522Nm of torque.

Noble claims the new M14 will hit 100km/h from standstill in 4.3 seconds thanks to its blown V6 mill and a low 1150kg kerb weight, putting it firmly in supercar territory.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

$135,000 for a supercar with a turbo V6 FORD engine..lol...no thanks.

good looking car but when you pay over $100k I don't want it to be powered by the same motor in a minivan.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

8.8 0-100, sweet, but Mr. Mex shows my sentiments. I am not paying that kinda money for anything!!!

Quick Reply: New Noble M14