Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

NSX Successor To Get A V10

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NSX Successor To Get A V10

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=106539

WOOO WOOO. With the next GT-R going global, a more powerful rotary under the hood of a 2 door SE3P possibly called RX-7, a Toyota/Lexus supercar of some sort and now this, it looks like Japan will be offering quite a bit of bad *** machinery in a few years time. Honestly I'm shocked Honda went with a V10. Especially when they announced a few years ago that the RL wouldn't get a V8 because "that's what everyone else is doing in their flagship sedans" and "smaller engines are part of our character." Not to mention the hype surrounding their supposed high performance IMA powerplants. Like many other people I was interested in knowing more about this project since the supposed 400hp Integrated Motor Assist powerplant was scrapped along with the Dualnote/DN-X concept as was the HSC project a short while ago. After Honda canned any idea of building a successor with their second concept I was beginning to lose hope and Honda even went so far as to say that it wouldn't build a successor at all. I guess they finally woke up and smelled the coffee. Good times.

Last edited by bruddah_man_matt; 07-21-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Wonder if it will be based on their dismal Formula BAR honda V10?

Speaking of the lexus Supercar, this video was uploaded to StreetFire

Click here to see Video
Old 07-21-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe now it will be worth nearly six figures.

Josh
Old 07-21-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Not sure what to think. Honda isn't known for building good large displacement engines.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
Not sure what to think. Honda isn't known for building good large displacement engines.
Who said anything about it being a large displacement engine? 10 cylinders doesn't say anything about displacement. And on top of that how can you even say that? What bad large displacement engines does Honda build? Exactly... they don't. Please direct me to proof that Honda builds large displacement engines which "aren't good" as you put it. The only thing I can think of are their bike motors but I don't ever remember hearing anything about them being sub par. Please provide proof to back your seemlingly biased claims which appear to have no logical basis whatsoever.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

WOAH, Don't lose a head gasket!

I have nothing against Honda, but they have never been into building anything with more than 6 cylinders, and many of their 4's have better response than their 6's. I do apologize for mixing my terms, it was a clarical error on my part. I meant to refer to the configuration rather than displacement. I'm just saying that they will be going out of their traditional expertise on this one. Point out 1 engine they build/have built in the past with more than 6 cylinders that is known to be a good performer...exactly! You can't, because it doesn't exist. If they succeed, great, but until it's built, I'm "not sure what to think."

BTW: Much of what I said was summed up in your 1st post:
Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Honestly I'm shocked Honda went with a V10. Especially when they announced a few years ago that the RL wouldn't get a V8 because "that's what everyone else is doing in their flagship sedans" and "smaller engines are part of our character."

Last edited by 2002BlackSS; 07-21-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:30 PM

They really did butcher the front end of that car after the last re-styling. I liked it before, despite the girly 6-pack.

I'd drive a GTR34 long before an NSX, though.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinkaze
Wonder if it will be based on their dismal Formula BAR honda V10?

Do you think it will have the same tank-in-tank feature?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Red Shift

Do you think it will have the same tank-in-tank feature?
Cheaters never win.....if they're caught

Quick Reply: NSX Successor To Get A V10