Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Just saw dyno run for 05 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, the classic Mustang VS. Camaro. I'm glad to hear the new GTs are a closer match, regardless of of HPTV's BS dyno numbers. I like both cars. I only got my Z back in '99 because the GT stang was no match for it back then, and 23 grand was all I was willing to spend.

As long as we keep the american muscle going. I'll be a happy man. I'll hang it up the day my only choice is an overpriced, underpowered import.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What?

Originally Posted by unit213

"Hello Kettle. I'm Pot. You're black."

Since when is a T-56 a shitty transmission? My small engine is several seconds faster than your big cube "monster". Step out of the 90's and buy a new car.

Let me guess, you weren't referring to '03 Cobras right? Your hate for Mustangs doesn't include them because they will destroy your turd.

100% bone stock with 75miles on the odometer. Not too bad IMO. What are you running? Let's here about the DA and "corrected" times now.

I was curious why you were talking about a t56 but show a pic of an 05? As far as what the other guy said about crummy trannys, the auto in the new stang is great. That is why they are so quick with the power they have. Its the whole package, not just horsepower. Also, the stock Cobras run (from what I have seen) low to high 13's. 13 is average for LS1 cars stock, and most LT1s are low 14's to low 13's with bolt ons. So again, it is still anyones race.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ss02Camaro
Also, the stock Cobras run (from what I have seen) low to high 13's.
What planet are you on? mid 12's to low 13's is normal here.

Originally Posted by ss02Camaro
13 is average for LS1 cars stock, and most LT1s are low 14's to low 13's with bolt ons.
I'm well aware of stock LS1 times.

Here's an old slip of my stock '00 A4 LS1:
Old 08-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lt1FBoDy209
The mustang may have nice interior but its still a chick car
You're right. I see these at the nail salon all the time as I drive by.

Old 08-14-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

unit213
it is to my knowledge that the 03 cobras have a supercharger on them, so that is why they are faster. The GTs that are just all engine suck ***. Personally I have never driven a mustang nore have i wanted too. I had just heard from a lot of people that the trannys sucked, my bad if they dont. However, as far as ETs go, mustangs are like 6 or 7 years behind the camaro. No thanks, ill go ahead and stay in the 90s and maybe in a few years your beloved mustangs can catch up to a camaro
Old 08-14-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

You're right. I see these at the nail salon all the time as I drive by.

unit- what the hell? i joined this site last fall and have seen you go through 3 different cars already! or is that 05 not yours?
Old 08-14-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

your interior is so much better than mine, i am so excited for you and i hope it makes you feel better when i whoop your *** in a race
your new and improved mustang is better than the old mustang, slowing than ls1's, the rest you can decide on your own
how did cobras even get brought into this conversation???
Old 08-14-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Procharger did a recent dyno of a bone stock 05 Mustang GT 5 speed with their 9-10 psi P1SC kit it made 460 rwhp. Vortech also has had similar results. Mocking a car just because you dont own one is just narrow minded talk. Yea maybe the 05 GT isnt a LS1 but its not a piece of crap either. Ive driven a few and have even considered buying one after I sell my current LS1.

Dan everyone knows you drive a 14 second KB powered Cobra.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by maddboost
Procharger did a recent dyno of a bone stock 05 Mustang GT 5 speed with their 9-10 psi P1SC kit it made 460 rwhp. Vortech also has had similar results. Mocking a car just because you dont own one is just narrow minded talk. Yea maybe the 05 GT isnt a LS1 but its not a piece of crap either. Ive driven a few and have even considered buying one after I sell my current LS1.

did they comment on the durability of those motors?
Old 08-14-2005, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

I wish I had a 04 cobra! I know I changed my tune a little since I started this thread but, that HPTV dyno run was the first thing I heard about performance on the new GT.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

No kidding about the durability
Maddboost can go ahead and throw a supercharger on a 05 GT and set it to 10 psi for your daily driver. Then wonder why you are having so many problems with it. You can force induction into anything to make a lot of horsepower, that is not the point. Not to mention you are missing the point of the forum. It was started off talking about the stock mustang dyno numbers then you and cobra guy come along and start what power they can make with superchargers on them. We all know you can make ANYTHING fast if you mod it up. What im trying to say is the STOCK 05 mustang is just not the car its made out to be. I am just sick of hearing about it.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Yea maybe the 05 GT isnt a LS1 but its not a piece of crap either. Ive driven a few and have even considered buying one after I sell my current LS1.
That's all I'm trying to say. I just like to be a bit more arguementative about it.

Damn you Phil! I told you not to tell anyone.

Are the '05 fbodies nice? Ouch...
Old 08-14-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 94greencamaro
No kidding about the durability
Maddboost can go ahead and throw a supercharger on a 05 GT and set it to 10 psi for your daily driver. Then wonder why you are having so many problems with it. You can force induction into anything to make a lot of horsepower, that is not the point. Not to mention you are missing the point of the forum. It was started off talking about the stock mustang dyno numbers then you and cobra guy come along and start what power they can make with superchargers on them. We all know you can make ANYTHING fast if you mod it up. What im trying to say is the STOCK 05 mustang is just not the car its made out to be. I am just sick of hearing about it.
Procharger runs 10 psi on most of its 4.6 kits because the mod motors have a lower compression from the factory than compared to the LS1s or LT1s. We have installed and tuned alot of them and have customers with 10s of thousands of miles on them. Same as the LT1 and LS1 cars we do.

I believe you just dont want to hear the truth your mocking a car for being "slow" but any competent driver can have a 05 GT running mid to high 13s STOCK. Thats pretty quick. Faster than LT1s and close to the performance of LS1 cars. Dyno numbers dont mean squat, a dyno is a tuning tool nothing else. And mocking a car you have never even driven is silly as well how can you judge a car by what you read in a magazine and see on tv? You dont have to like the 05 GT but to belittle the car for no other reason than jealousy is childish.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Procharger runs 10 psi on most of its 4.6 kits because the mod motors have a lower compression from the factory than compared to the LS1s or LT1s. We have installed and tuned alot of them and have customers with 10s of thousands of miles on them. Same as the LT1 and LS1 cars we do.

I believe you just dont want to hear the truth your mocking a car for being "slow" but any competent driver can have a 05 GT running mid to high 13s STOCK. Thats pretty quick. Faster than LT1s and close to the performance of LS1 cars. Dyno numbers dont mean squat, a dyno is a tuning tool nothing else. And mocking a car you have never even driven is silly as well how can you judge a car by what you read in a magazine and see on tv? You dont have to like the 05 GT but to belittle the car for no other reason than jealousy is childish.
you mean to tell me, with a proper tune, my engine is capable of safely running boost levels of at least 6 psi?
Old 08-14-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah i have never driven one, but i have seen some at the track. I saw a girl with an auto 05 mustang GT run 15s all day while this other guy in a manual couldn't hit better than high 14's. SHOULD I BE JEALOUS OF THOSE TIMES IN A BRAND NEW $30000 CAR? Meanwhile my friend who just bought himself a 93 Z28 with 80k miles on it is running 14.35 STOCK down to the air filter. That is up here in Idaho in 100 degree weather, which is why the times are a little worse than usual. But I didn't just see the mustang on TV and say "I dont own one. Thats a piece of ****" like you say i am doing. I didnt just see their shitty dyno numbers and assume they are slow. I have seen mustangs run and base my opinion off that.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Yeah i have never driven one, but i have seen some at the track.
I saw a girl with an auto 05 mustang GT run 15s all day...
I have seen mustangs run and base my opinion off that.
Get my drift?

Take the word of people in the know.

I would not brag about buying a '93 Camaro with 80K on the clock. <insert mullet joke here>
Old 08-14-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

1. Get my drift?

2. Take the word of people in the know.

3. I would not brag about buying a '93 Camaro with 80K on the clock. <insert mullet joke here>

1. NO, Actually i dont
2. ???
3. Well I am and it still ran faster than the 05 stangs, and only for $23,000 less

I dont know why you have such a boner for the 05 mustangs. Its a ****** fact that the 05 mustangs are still slower than the LS1 Camaros and even some LT1 Camaros. Thats why this thread was started. Too poke fun of those shitbangers that everyone like yourself seems to love so much. I dont know if they like them because of the retro look or what. I will say the interior is nice. But as far as performance goes, Ford fell short once again.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

1. NO, Actually i dont
2. ???
3. Well I am and it still ran faster than the 05 stangs, and only for $23,000 less

I dont know why you have such a boner for the 05 mustangs. Its a ****** fact that the 05 mustangs are still slower than the LS1 Camaros and even some LT1 Camaros. Thats why this thread was started. Too poke fun of those shitbangers that everyone like yourself seems to love so much. I dont know if they like them because of the retro look or what. I will say the interior is nice. But as far as performance goes, Ford fell short once again.
as much as i hate stangs, i must admit that speed isnt everything. i'll sacrifice a full second in the quarter mile for build quality and comfort. that one second can be regained with mods but build quality and comfort cannot. that is why the new mustang has grabbed my attention so dearly. so unless chevy really dissapoints with the new camaro concept next year, i might be forced to switch over
Old 08-14-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by qwikz28
as much as i hate stangs, i must admit that speed isnt everything. i'll sacrifice a full second in the quarter mile for build quality and comfort. that one second can be regained with mods but build quality and comfort cannot. that is why the new mustang has grabbed my attention so dearly. so unless chevy really dissapoints with the new camaro concept next year, i might be forced to switch over
Hey, thats cool man
Im not saying that the camaro is the ultimate car and everyone should have one. Everybody has their own preferences, thats why there are thousands of different cars out there. Even though i personally dont like the way the mustang looks, most people i talk to do. I also think the interior is pretty cool. But as far as performance, the mustang isnt half the car that it is cracked up to be and a 90s camaro can still beat it. I know you can make it fast with some mods, but you can do that to any car and that is not what this thread was originally about.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by qwikz28
you mean to tell me, with a proper tune, my engine is capable of safely running boost levels of at least 6 psi?
Unless your car has a ton of miles on it putting a good quality blower kit like a Procharger or a Vortech would not cause any problems. Most stock ls1 short blocks we dont recommend more than 8 psi.

Quick Reply: Just saw dyno run for 05 Mustang GT