Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Just saw dyno run for 05 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah, i'm in NY so here it might be a different story, but from what i've heard it can come down to being a drivers race, but i've never had the opportunity to race one, or a new GT either, but i'm always looking...
Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt1FBoDy209
i dont know why people are expecting to win a mustang vs. fbody argument on an fbody site
You must not visit the street racing forum much.

Honestly, there's nothing to win. Stock LS1's are slow. Stock Mustangs are slow. Both have huge potential. It's unfortunate that certain people have blinders on and can't see past the bowtie. Visit a SSO race and watch 'stangs run 204mph on 10.5's and tell me how shitty they are.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Me being a previous mustang owner I feel that I don't have too much of a say so on all of this because I don't have my f-body yet (plane leaves tommorow @ 8am to go pick it up). I left an 01 gt with an s-trim and all the little gadgets that go with it. Stock heads/cams/intake/bottom end @9 lbs boost, tune made 400rwhp daily driver, it was fun. And around my area quicker than most of the cars to toy with.

Now I always wanted an SS and could never afford one, but I found one I couldn't resist. Sure (as it sits now) it has less HP than my other car, I'm not buying the car for all out whats faster. I'm buying the car for the looks and everything I like about it. Granted I don't have to do as much work as my stang to get it to that 400rwhp mark, but in my opinion and bottom line-You can make any car fast with money. Drive what you like and find comfortable. Everyone will have their opinions on what is better/faster but IMO like someone said earlier, it should be american vs import. I like all cars but F-bodys I'll always like that little bit more just for everything about them. But that doesn't mean if I had money laying around I wouldn't mind owning a few other cars that aren't GM.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

first of all i don't kno why some ppl are comparing the 05 gt to the ls1's, cause chevy doesn't make ls1's anymore, they make ls2's which make 100 hp more than the mustang gt's . so if chevy ever comes back out with the f-bodies they most likely have the ls2 engine and most likely will have performance upgrades as well. the fact of the matter is the only other competitor which will destroy the 05 gt is the c6, but it should cause it costs twice as much. o and like 00slpSS said its all about personal preference .
Old 08-17-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213
You must not visit the street racing forum much.

Honestly, there's nothing to win. Stock LS1's are slow. Stock Mustangs are slow. Both have huge potential. It's unfortunate that certain people have blinders on and can't see past the bowtie. Visit a SSO race and watch 'stangs run 204mph on 10.5's and tell me how shitty they are.
yes im sure those are stock thought we already said any car can be made fast with endless amounts of money.long story short the 5.0 were the best n/a engines ford has had in 20 years.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by unit213
Stock LS1's are slow. Stock Mustangs are slow.
Of course that's very much relative and just your opinion To MOST people neither are "slow."
Old 08-17-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

I have been gone from the argument for a while but i like the way this is going. By the way, nobody mentioned the skyline because it is way overpriced for the times it runs out of the factory. Evos run better times for less than half the price. Where did you get the opinion on that being a great car. Need For Speed Underground?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94greencamaro
Some girl ran one here and it ran 15s all day hehehehe
People just dont understand that Mustangs suck *** with their small engines and shitty transmissions. I wanted to race her with my bolt on 94 camaro that is 10 years older than hers, and over one second faster. I thought the look of the new mustangs was sorta cool when i first saw it on tv and online, but when you see one in real life they just look like a big plastic piece of ****
You talk a lot of **** for somebody who's not even out of 14s yet.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wtf ever happened to opinion? some people are diehard ford fans and dont care if their car has less power. some people are diehard chevy fans and would rather drive a tired LS1/LT1 then switch over to the new stang. i cant believe we made a thread about arguing over biased opinions.

you wanna know which car is better? niether. in the end, you will end up at point B with whichever car you choose.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 94greencamaro
I have been gone from the argument for a while but i like the way this is going. By the way, nobody mentioned the skyline because it is way overpriced for the times it runs out of the factory. Evos run better times for less than half the price. Where did you get the opinion on that being a great car. Need For Speed Underground?
hahaha

and no1 is talking about 204 mph mustangs because as we all know any car can be fast with **** done to it

point is stock for stock chevy wins
Old 08-18-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mustang vs F-Body argument =
Old 08-19-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

The only way to truly know which car is faster, is to go from a slow roll where both cars can get traction and the driving ability isnt much of a factor.
I know the machs run very close to the ls1 cars, but the fact is that the ls1 consistently dynoes higher, and also traps higher....it is the faster car when taking the driver out of the equation.
A guy that I go to college with has an 03 mach 5 speed that is bone stock , blue with the black hood scoop ( seems to be a real popular paint scheme)
My car wasnt stock, I had a flowmaster cat-back, an mti lid, and a K&N filter.
Still probably slow than an 01-02 Z....so it is a good comparison. Not to mention my car is 8 years old with 80k miles on the clock.
I raced him last year probably 5 times from a 10 mph roll.
Beat him every single damn time by 1 - 1 1/2 car length up to 100.

I dont care what anybody says, the ls1 cars are faster than the machs.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
The only way to truly know which car is faster, is to go from a slow roll where both cars can get traction and the driving ability isnt much of a factor.
I know the machs run very close to the ls1 cars, but the fact is that the ls1 consistently dynoes higher, and also traps higher....it is the faster car when taking the driver out of the equation.
A guy that I go to college with has an 03 mach 5 speed that is bone stock , blue with the black hood scoop ( seems to be a real popular paint scheme)
My car wasnt stock, I had a flowmaster cat-back, an mti lid, and a K&N filter.
Still probably slow than an 01-02 Z....so it is a good comparison. Not to mention my car is 8 years old with 80k miles on the clock.
I raced him last year probably 5 times from a 10 mph roll.
Beat him every single damn time by 1 - 1 1/2 car length up to 100.

I dont care what anybody says, the ls1 cars are faster than the machs.

Quick Reply: Just saw dyno run for 05 Mustang GT