Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM 5yr/100k powertrain warranty.. standard

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GM 5yr/100k powertrain warranty.. standard

Just announced, 5yr/100k powertrain warranty will be standard on every GM vehicle from 2007 on.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Teching In

i think this is a great thing now I'm just a little upset bc i bought an 06 two months ago oh well.... oh and I'm getting really sick of the ******** on autoblog they still have a shitload of negative comments about this.... they complain that it is not enough years but the only person that i personally know that drives any less than 15k miles a year is my mom.... not only that but i can see this getting a lot more truck sales from Dodge and Ford bc everyone that i know that uses their truck for work everyday( like myself) puts 18k+ a year on their truck and i easily put over 20k a year on mine.... so with that i very well may be trading my truck in in 2 years to get that nice warrenty
Old 09-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Banned

They did it mainly to show that they are INDEED more reliable than toyota's you'd be suprised to hear how many people actually think these cars are unreliable when the reality is that they aren't they are VERY RELIABLE
Old 09-06-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Super Speed
They did it mainly to show that they are INDEED more reliable than toyota's you'd be suprised to hear how many people actually think these cars are unreliable when the reality is that they aren't they are VERY RELIABLE

Great move by GM!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

The bigger news is that this new warranty is FULLY TRANSFERABLE! That will make a huge difference, more so than just the time and distance, which is still great.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msgZ28
The bigger news is that this new warranty is FULLY TRANSFERABLE! That will make a huge difference, more so than just the time and distance, which is still great.
Which many of the cheap imports don't have. I say A+ GM finally your thinking. My other thought about this is maybe when they start seeing lots of the same parts being replaced (i.e,wheel bearings on specific cars) they will fix the problem and not let it go on and on with people bitching.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bigfrankz71
i think this is a great thing now I'm just a little upset bc i bought an 06 two months ago oh well.... oh and I'm getting really sick of the ******** on autoblog they still have a shitload of negative comments about this.... they complain that it is not enough years but the only person that i personally know that drives any less than 15k miles a year is my mom.... not only that but i can see this getting a lot more truck sales from Dodge and Ford bc everyone that i know that uses their truck for work everyday( like myself) puts 18k+ a year on their truck and i easily put over 20k a year on mine.... so with that i very well may be trading my truck in in 2 years to get that nice warrenty
They are also offering a $200 credit toward the purchase of a GMPP warranty for those who have recently purchased '06's

Last edited by RobertR.; 09-07-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is very true, over the past 3 years GM's warranty repairs have dropped over 40%
Old 09-07-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

My sisters lexus rx330 has 24k on it and it will be going for its 3rd set of warranty repairs. she commutes to school with it on the highway, it doesnt see any sort of abuse. what a piece of garbage, she's so unhappy with that car. i got a 2006 saturn vue at the same time and shes driving it now and she loves it. no repairs on my saturn which i use for winter driving, towing, and deliveries. my saturn also has 4 track passes on it

btw- i read not too long ago that her car was recalled. WTF?!?!?!?!?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Teching In

speaking of saturns.... my dad has two of them and both went well over 200,000 miles with no major repairs... he currently has a 98 Sc2? whatever the "sporty" model was, with 250,000 miles and everything is still in very good condition, but i still bust on him all the time about getting a new car.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bigfrankz71
speaking of saturns.... my dad has two of them and both went well over 200,000 miles with no major repairs... he currently has a 98 Sc2? whatever the "sporty" model was, with 250,000 miles and everything is still in very good condition, but i still bust on him all the time about getting a new car.
my buddies 94 SL2 has 280,000 on the clock and is running very strong. no need for a new car, why fix whats not broken?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RobertR.
Just announced, 5yr/100k powertrain warranty will be standard on every GM vehicle from 2007 on.
Good news! Maybe this will help turn the tides and people will start buying more domestics.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

5 yr -100k great!!!! i will always own GM cars and trucks!!! everyone in my family drives them and always had!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

those ********, i just bought an 06
Old 09-14-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

That's pritty sweet! Deffinately be good for the new Camaro when it comes out, if they keep the same thing
Old 09-14-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

id be AMAZED if they put that warrenty on teh Camaro and the Vette. But stranger things have happened. Only thing is that when ig et a new Camaro it wont be stock for long.
This warrenty should definatly help sales. Id hate to have GM up and **** the bed before the Camaro comes out. GL

John
Old 09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by qwikz28
My sisters lexus rx330 has 24k on it and it will be going for its 3rd set of warranty repairs. she commutes to school with it on the highway, it doesnt see any sort of abuse. what a piece of garbage, she's so unhappy with that car. i got a 2006 saturn vue at the same time and shes driving it now and she loves it. no repairs on my saturn which i use for winter driving, towing, and deliveries. my saturn also has 4 track passes on it

btw- i read not too long ago that her car was recalled. WTF?!?!?!?!?
2006 Saturn Vue

Powertrain

There are two engines available: a 2.2-liter/143-horse I-4 and a 3.5-liter/250-horse V-6. If the specs for that V-6 remind you of those for the engine in the Honda Pilot, that’s because it is the engine in the Honda Pilot. While GM produces a similar powerplant (3.6-liter/255-horse V-6) for the Cadillac SRX, this supplier relationship gives Saturn import-fighting credentials and blesses the model with the Honda quality reputation. As in the Pilot, the smooth engine features variable valve timing, a flexible powerband, and respectable fuel economy. The four-cylinder is available with a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic and is fitted only in the front-drive configuration. The V-6 is teamed with a five-speed automatic in either front- or all-wheel drive. The top engine is a tempting choice for the power and performance. When weighing the cost, consider that the V-6 matches the I-4 with a manual transmission for highway fuel economy—an impressive feat.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
id be AMAZED if they put that warrenty on teh Camaro and the Vette. But stranger things have happened. Only thing is that when ig et a new Camaro it wont be stock for long.
This warrenty should definatly help sales. Id hate to have GM up and **** the bed before the Camaro comes out. GL

John
From my understanding, the warranty was ALL GM Vehicles..1st thing I thought of was the Vette too, but it didn't say it wasn't covered under this new warranty..
Old 09-15-2006, 03:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 5w20
2006 Saturn Vue

Powertrain

There are two engines available: a 2.2-liter/143-horse I-4 and a 3.5-liter/250-horse V-6. If the specs for that V-6 remind you of those for the engine in the Honda Pilot, that’s because it is the engine in the Honda Pilot. While GM produces a similar powerplant (3.6-liter/255-horse V-6) for the Cadillac SRX, this supplier relationship gives Saturn import-fighting credentials and blesses the model with the Honda quality reputation. As in the Pilot, the smooth engine features variable valve timing, a flexible powerband, and respectable fuel economy. The four-cylinder is available with a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic and is fitted only in the front-drive configuration. The V-6 is teamed with a five-speed automatic in either front- or all-wheel drive. The top engine is a tempting choice for the power and performance. When weighing the cost, consider that the V-6 matches the I-4 with a manual transmission for highway fuel economy—an impressive feat.

whats your point? i'm aware the drivetrain in my car is made by honda. but thats the only thing made by honda. the rest of the car is made by GM. my sister never had any drivetrain related problems, just simply poor build quality. thats the difference.

i apologize if that doesnt make sense cause i was drinking before i posted this.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by qwikz28
whats your point? i'm aware the drivetrain in my car is made by honda. but thats the only thing made by honda. the rest of the car is made by GM. my sister never had any drivetrain related problems, just simply poor build quality. thats the difference.

i apologize if that doesnt make sense cause i was drinking before i posted this.
Well your post you tried to make it seem like GM products are the best and the japenese products suck. Every manufacturer has recalls. Every car has problems too, even if you got two alike cars (for example: two 00 camaro z28's optioned out the exact same way) one is going to be built better than the other. Its simple facts.

BTW, i just pointed out that on the Saturn Vue so others who didnt know, now know that its a Honda rolling around on four GM wheels.

Quick Reply: GM 5yr/100k powertrain warranty.. standard