Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Toyota knows Chevy Trucks are better

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greebler
I'm a submarine mechanic in the Navy. Any other questions I can help you with?

So basically nothing.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 45psi
I got my 4x4 CM for 31k out the door. How much did you pay for yours? I didnt want the hassle and the bad experience associated with my previous Tahoe.
My Denali is fully loaded with everything and the sticker was 48,500 and I paid 43,500. So if you paid only 31K then I'm pretty sure you have the SR5 with little to options on it. The Limited fully loaded is around 48,500. So back to these amenities you talk of, I almost guarantee you don't have many with your current configuartion.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Teching In

So basically nothing.
Pretty much, but you wouldn't know it from my pay check.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Banned

My Denali is fully loaded with everything and the sticker was 48,500 and I paid 43,500. So if you paid only 31K then I'm pretty sure you have the SR5 with little to options on it. The Limited fully loaded is around 48,500. So back to these amenities you talk of, I almost guarantee you don't have many with your current configuartion.

My point is that, the Tundra is equipped with a 6 speed standard in the 5.7. I didnt need leather or navigation, since this is a work truck. So in actuallity, we need to compare whats standard in our trucks and the Denali is the only option at the time. So lets just compare the Tundra to Silverado
Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Teching In

My point is that, the Tundra is equipped with a 6 speed standard in the 5.7. I didnt need leather or navigation, since this is a work truck. So in actuallity, we need to compare whats standard in our trucks and the Denali is the only option at the time. So lets just compare the Tundra to Silverado
So what your saying is that I just proved you wrong and you want to change your story? Thats fine. Lets just compare my truck to yours. Yea I paid more, but i got what I paid for. Like I said before, the Fully loaded Tundra is boring and ugly, so the cheaper one that you have must be even worse. Want your truck to look really good? Just compare it to a GMC Canyon or even better a Chevy Luv. Oh, and the Tundra Doesn't come standard with the six speed and the 5.7. It's been fun chatting with you, but I have to go get some sleep for a full day of doing nothing tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned

So what your saying is that I just proved you wrong and you want to change your story? Thats fine. Lets just compare my truck to yours. Yea I paid more, but i got what I paid for. Like I said before, the Fully loaded Tundra is boring and ugly, so the cheaper one that you have must be even worse. Want your truck to look really good? Just compare it to a GMC Canyon or even better a Chevy Luv. Oh, and the Tundra Doesn't come standard with the six speed and the 5.7. It's been fun chatting with you, but I have to go get some sleep for a full day of doing nothing tomorrow.
Yes the 5.7 comes standard with a 6 speed. No optionsal 4 speed here buddy.

I dont want a Cheby. The resale will not be as high as a Tundra. Customer Service is top notch. You paid damn near 20k more than me. Wow, good for you. Hows that extra 5-600 dollar a month extra on the payment? I dont like the styling of the Denali, to me, its plain and out right boring. I guess thats why our trucks are selling like hot cakes, while GM's truck sales are down. Keep thinking your truck is superior, while I keep watch my stocks rise!

It's been fun chatting with you, but I have to go get some sleep for a full day of doing nothing tomorrow
Old 10-03-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

All trucks have headers from the factory! If your meaning to say, they have equal length headers from the factory, then you are wrong. They are far from it. Doug Thorley just released some equal length headers, that made 26hp and almost 40ftlb on our trucks. There's alot of potential left in these motors, that have yet to be opened.

Dude, look at the vids that are posted up, of Tundras vs Siverados racing. Its not even close. The Tundra and Denali are the only trucks that trap over 90mph stock(95-96 Tundra and 94-95mph Denali). The fact is, you will need to mod your truck, in order to pull a stock Tundra! The RC(regular cabs) Tundra's, are running 13.8's-14.1 at 97mph and I know, with your bolt on's, your not close to that. Instead of bench racing, saying you can beat this and that, show me a video of you doing so!
First off I wasen't bench racing.And with my bolt ons and the ASA cam I will be prety safe to say at about 400HP to the ground and run Low 13's See the thread in PT.net under drag on the 04 ss with this cam! Thats all the power I need maybe some heads to with the tax return money The toyota motor is all hoped up just like a racing motor! I see those ****** trying to beat pontiac/GM so bad on the rolex series nascar truck Nascar ect and that development went straight to the truck motor. Now get your 45psi of overboostin *** out of here again for good dude and go play with your racing development 5.7 trash in a regular 1/2 ton model truck Can you tell we dont like the import Jocking here.. No **** BI**H
Old 10-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Teching In

I dont want a Cheby. The resale will not be as high as a Tundra. Customer Service is top notch. You paid damn near 20k more than me. Wow, good for you. Hows that extra 5-600 dollar a month extra on the payment? I dont like the styling of the Denali, to me, its plain and out right boring. I guess thats why our trucks are selling like hot cakes, while GM's truck sales are down. Keep thinking your truck is superior, while I keep watch my stocks rise!

It's been fun chatting with you, but I have to go get some sleep for a full day of doing nothing tomorrow
No wonder the only thing your qualified to do is play with cardboard boxes, your math skills are terrible. 43,500 minus 31,000 is 12,500! Where are you getting 20k? What I said was the Toyota Tundra does not come standard with the 5.7L and the six-speed tranny. The standard engine is the 4.7L with the 5-speed tranny. Man, your reading and comprehension skills are shitty as well as your spelling and grammar. I'd pay money to see your SAT scores.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Banned

No wonder the only thing your qualified to do is play with cardboard boxes, your math skills are terrible. 43,500 minus 31,000 is 12,500! Where are you getting 20k? What I said was the Toyota Tundra does not come standard with the 5.7L and the six-speed tranny. The standard engine is the 4.7L with the 5-speed tranny. Man, your reading and comprehension skills are shitty as well as your spelling and grammar. I'd pay money to see your SAT scores.
You absolutely correct. Our buisness has sucked for the last 16 years. I have know idea, why we keep it open. The funny thing is, I probably have more bills, than you make monthly. Get back to work, mopping the deck. Aight popeye!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Teching In

You absolutely correct. Our buisness has sucked for the last 16 years. I have know idea, why we keep it open. The funny thing is, I probably have more bills, than you make monthly. Get back to work, mopping the deck. Aight popeye!
News Flash ********! A lot of bills is a bad thing. I hope your not in charge of the cardboard box operation, because if you were I have a feeling your business wouldn't be doing so well. Your like the kid in High School that always got his *** kicked and picked on, but would always comeback for more because your Mom molested you and your drunk *** father would beat the **** out of you. If your father didn't beat the **** out of you, could you tell him to start? Thanks. Toyota's are like tampons...all the bitches have em!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Banned

News Flash ********! A lot of bills is a bad thing. I hope your not in charge of the cardboard box operation, because if you were I have a feeling your business wouldn't be doing so well. Your like the kid in High School that always got his *** kicked and picked on, but would always comeback for more because your Mom molested you and your drunk *** father would beat the **** out of you. If your father didn't beat the **** out of you, could you tell him to start? Thanks. Toyota's are like tampons...all the bitches have em!

Wow nice comeback. Im so proud of you.

Newsflash ********, bills are relative to the amount you make. If I make 200k a year and spend 5 grand a month on bills, who to say its a bad thing. Go finish mopping the deck kid. Time to go nite nite. Dont let one of the soldiers bend ya over, like your daddy use to do. Ill refrain from anymore condescending remarks.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell is the point of a 6 speed in a towing medium duty truck? Nothing, extra weight. You don't need that deep of a 1st and you shouldn't use the top gears when towing. Waste of money if you ask me.

I have driven 6 speeds for awhile and most of the time you only use 3-4 of the gears. The facts are 6 7 and 8 speeds aren't going to save you much money over driving in a more proper fashion. Vehicles have been skyrocketing in GVW and this isn't going to help any.

A truck needs to be tough. The more gears you add the weaker the tranny and the more power you loose. Idealy you want a direct drive for your top gear in a towing application and the perception that a medium duty truck needs 6 gears to tow is asine. A Semi is a different story though.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

45psi is wrong, is that that 25psi guy again?

Yeah, they have a 6 speed. To improve their gas mileage --

WHICH IS STILL 2MPG LESS THAN OURS!

Our trucks are better, we still have 90%+ of the fullsize market, etc. Enough people have posted why that I don't have to, and it's basically all over the internet how much better American trucks are. Anyone have that video that was posted on here of the really bumpy road test with the Tundra flexing like CRAZY?

Last edited by IFRYRCE; 10-04-2007 at 06:56 AM. Reason: I think the lesson we learn here is that an import isn't shit without 45psi behind it!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by IFRYRCE
45psi is wrong, is that that 25psi guy again?

Yeah, they have a 6 speed. To improve their gas mileage --

WHICH IS STILL 2MPG LESS THAN OURS!

Our trucks are better, we still have 90%+ of the fullsize market, etc. Enough people have posted why that I don't have to, and it's basically all over the internet how much better American trucks are. Anyone have that video that was posted on here of the really bumpy road test with the Tundra flexing like CRAZY?
I will tell you right now, the import fans are going to come out and say that test rigged and Ford took bolts out of the bed (why Ford would sabotage their own tests is beyond me) but I thought I would just give you a heads up because I know its coming
Old 10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
12 Second Club

I can tell by your tone, that your a little fruity anyways, Good luck to you.
Damn, you can hear things over the silent internet, Chrissy?!

BTW; I'm not the one who is constantly talking about "riding the nuts" of men, and "bending another man over" as you always must. A little obsessed with this maybe?? Yeah, you're right, I'm the "fruity" one.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you like, I could send you a pic of the trailor and truck, with my middle finger up.

I tow 150-200 pallets(36x44), 2-300 corregated boxes or 7-8 boxes of Polypropylene(pp,pe-polyethylene,etc) plastic. Me and my father purchased one a week after another. Ive put this truck through abuse on a daily basis. If you like, you can check with the people in the Texas section.

WOW, so mean lol.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

My truck has towed so much that I've already gone through a transmission and my bumper is bent downwards. THAT'S WORK.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Newsflash ********, bills are relative to the amount you make.
Wrong. Bills are relative to the amount you spend. Put your e-**** away. No one cares how big it is because you own a "superior" Tundra that can't hack it in the work world. All the Tundra is good for is for sheeple who want to pretend to have a good truck. Want a work truck? Buy a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. The only thing a Tundra is good at is 1/4 mile runs, and who cares about that **** in something that's supposed to be a work truck?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
WOW, so mean lol.
If you like, I could send you a pic of the trailor and truck, with my middle finger up.

I tow 150-200 pallets(36x44), 2-300 corregated boxes or 7-8 boxes of Polypropylene(pp,pe-polyethylene,etc) plastic. Me and my father purchased one a week after another. Ive put this truck through abuse on a daily basis. If you like, you can check with the people in the Texas section.
I would like to see the pic but exclude the hostile suggestions.

Corregated packing is heavy and that is no joke. Many workers in the paperboard industry have injuries from underestimating the weight of paper. Anyone who has ever hauled cardboard, yet is stout guys.

Where they half skids or full (36x44)? Just asking.

Last edited by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed; 10-06-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
I would like to see the pic but exclude the hostile suggestions.

Corregated packing is heavy and that is no joke. Many workers in the paperboard industry have injuries from underestimating the weight of paper. Anyone who has ever hauled cardboard, yet is stout guys.

Where they half skids or full (36x44)? Just asking.

These were full 36x44 pallets. We use them for our platic materials ex: polypropylene, polyethelene, etc.... The corregated boxes, we manufactor for different companies. These boxes weigh around 30-50lbs a piece. When stack 30-40 high, can weigh a considerable amount.

We also bail up recycled paper/waste paper. Each bail weighs approximately 1200-1500 lbs, depending on what type of material used. I just hauled 8 1300lb bails of cardboard( types you see at Walmart in the back) 60 miles without issue. I know this is not a Desiel truck, but it is more than enough, for what I use it for.

Remember, towing is totally different from carrying. Just about any 1/2 ton truck, can manuever 15k lbs without issue.

Quick Reply: Toyota knows Chevy Trucks are better