Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Nissan GTR Makes 500AWHP with just a Cat-back.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Hey dick...please practice your reading comprehension before replying to my posts in the future.

I clearly explained to you that the methods are DIFFERENT, and that when converted to the others method the octane ratings ARE NEARLY THE SAME. Its not uncommon to see 100 octane at the pumps in Japan...but here in the US that same gas is rated at 91 octane.

Maybe you should read about internal combustion engines and how they react to different octane rated fuels. A higher octane rated fuel is used simply to keep an engine from knocking, running any higher octane then needed to prevent the knock will do nothing except actually slightly reduce power output. If the car runs fine on 87 octane with no knocking, putting 93 in will act almost like reducing the timing on the engine.

And yes Nissan has said the car will be equipped with the same Bridgetone Potenzas in all markets...in fact the car is going to be 99% identical with the exception of drive side and minor interior features all across the world.

And trying to correct me on my grammatical mistakes doesnt make you look smart. But it wouldn't matter anyway, you've spread enough stupidity through out this thread that most people wouldn't have to question it.
No, what you did was try to act like you know how octanes were rated, which I proved you were wrong.

Then you tried to say that higher octane wouldnt help even though the supposed test said the boost went up, and we all know that higher octane does help with higher boost- so once again you were wrong.

You have yet to provide any facts for this car, just magazine speculation from foreign markets and your own opinion. I am not the only one who is tired of your useless fanboy posts, I was just the first to say it.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mzoomora
No, what you did was try to act like you know how octanes were rated, which I proved you were wrong.
No I do know how they are rated and clearly said so in my post. You just did not understand what I said.

Then you tried to say that higher octane wouldnt help even though the supposed test said the boost went up, and we all know that higher octane does help with higher boost- so once again you were wrong.
No. The only reason you want to increase octane other then to avoid knock is to be able to increase cylinder pressure. Increasing the octane rating does not help with higher boost or add power or anything of the liking, it simply pushes the threshold of knock further back.

You have yet to provide any facts for this car, just magazine speculation from foreign markets and your own opinion. I am not the only one who is tired of your useless fanboy posts, I was just the first to say it.
I just gave you the link for the entire US spec list, STFU, you are the only one "speculating". This is the Automotive News/Media & Press forum, my posts fit just fine right along side the Shelby Mustang and Knight Rider threads...
Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
No I do know how they are rated and clearly said so in my post. You just did not understand what I said.

No. The only reason you want to increase octane other then to avoid knock is to be able to increase cylinder pressure. Increasing the octane rating does not help with higher boost or add power or anything of the liking, it simply pushes the threshold of knock further back.

I just gave you the link for the entire US spec list, STFU, you are the only one "speculating". This is the Automotive News/Media & Press forum, my posts fit just fine right along side the Shelby Mustang and Knight Rider threads...
So raising boost doesnt increase cylinder pressure? Or raising boost doesnt increase the chance of detonation/knock(all else remaining the same)? I guess all these guys who run race gas to up their boost are just nuts and you are a genius. And dont tell me that "I know a guy who runs 48 psi on 87 octane from Japan".

And actually your posts fit in here less than the Knight Rider threads and Shelby Mustang threads because for one- they are Domestics on a domestic car forum, and two- there isnt a new stupid one every other day. I will all but guarantee that these cars do not do over 450 whp bone stock once they hit here. I will also guarantee that you will never own this car that you are so busy from and that you are no different than the 12 y/o kid who sits in school drawing pictures of it. I on the other hand have owned a Corvette and will most likely own one again in the next couple of years, maybe even a C6Z if I decide its worth it to me. You are on a GM forum talking about a Nissan that you will never own and that although most of the people here may be interested in have all heard enough.

Really-
Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mzoomora
So raising boost doesnt increase cylinder pressure? Or raising boost doesnt increase the chance of detonation/knock(all else remaining the same)? I guess all these guys who run race gas to up their boost are just nuts and you are a genius. And dont tell me that "I know a guy who runs 48 psi on 87 octane from Japan".

And actually your posts fit in here less than the Knight Rider threads and Shelby Mustang threads because for one- they are Domestics on a domestic car forum, and two- there isnt a new stupid one every other day. I will all but guarantee that these cars do not do over 450 whp bone stock once they hit here. I will also guarantee that you will never own this car that you are so busy from and that you are no different than the 12 y/o kid who sits in school drawing pictures of it. I on the other hand have owned a Corvette and will most likely own one again in the next couple of years, maybe even a C6Z if I decide its worth it to me. You are on a GM forum talking about a Nissan that you will never own and that although most of the people here may be interested in have all heard enough.

Really-

*SIGH*

WOW your reading comprehension SUX *****.

/end thread
Old 01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Launching!

He just doesn't get it RedBeauty, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some people are just too close minded to realize the potential of another fast car.

Yes, this is a GM website, but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate fast cars from all aspects of the car world.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chadder
He just doesn't get it RedBeauty, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some people are just too close minded to realize the potential of another fast car.

Yes, this is a GM website, but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate fast cars from all aspects of the car world.
It doesn't mean we have to care either.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Then don't post in a thread you don't care about.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Butler county, right above slimey ass Cincinnati, OH

Didn't know feelings were the "hip" thing to do on the net now.....................
Old 01-18-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Then don't post in a thread you don't care about.
I can post wherever the heck I want. I was making point, jackash.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Launching!

no, you're just making the point that you go out of your way about things you don't care about and you throw personal insults around when you have no better way of coming back. There's no reason to go into a thread and hose it up, like y'all have succeeded in doing to this one due to complete and total ignorance.

The GTR makes a lot of hp with a simple bolt on because it is a turbo car. Nothing abnormal about it.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Addict

The GTR makes a lot of hp with a simple bolt on because it is a turbo car. Nothing abnormal about it.
So, there's nothing special about it? - the car.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i would say more like 500rwhp with exhaust, tune and slightly more boost.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:39 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

no, you're just making the point that you go out of your way about things you don't care about and you throw personal insults around when you have no better way of coming back. There's no reason to go into a thread and hose it up, like y'all have succeeded in doing to this one due to complete and total ignorance.
That maybe true...but then again when people pop in and say something along the lines of: "hey it appears that this car will automatically have better quality than such and such car" or "just one look and it's obvious that it's better"...statements that are 1) off topic and 2) straight up inaccurate until the car is out on the roads and driven around for a year or so, well that's pretty damn ignorant and presumptuous as well, no?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Launching!

^agreed. There's just douchebaggery all over this thread.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Seriously what is our problem...does the GTR scare us so much we have to act like little girls.

W
Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I think there is both insecurity for the Corvette and an inflated opinion of the GTR.

Usually, a long-term test is what best indicates quality.

How is someone going to say X car has X quality after what, 1-3,000 miles?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by WECIV
Seriously what is our problem...does the GTR scare us so much we have to act like little girls.

W
No, I am just tired of hearing about a car that isnt even out yet. I could honestly care less what the car does since I will never own one. That said, it is my opinion that it will be close in performance to the Z06, but with a good driver the Z06 will win in all but the first 300 ft. People just got all bent out of shape because I called BS on what is basically an AD for an aftermarket exhaust which also has conflicting numbers (Is it WHP or FWHP?, it does say "Flywheel HP rating"). You cant believe everything you read on the internet, especially when something is for sale.
Originally Posted by bboyferal
I think there is both insecurity for the Corvette and an inflated opinion of the GTR.

Usually, a long-term test is what best indicates quality.

How is someone going to say X car has X quality after what, 1-3,000 miles?
Try ZERO miles. Judging quality by pictures? Concept cars look to have amazing fit and finish in a picture, have you ever seen one up close? When are these cars even due stateside? Mid-summer?

Again, a few interesting threads werent bad. But to have the same troll come on here and post about new colors? Coil overs? An exhaust? Like I said before, I am not the only one who feels this way, I am just being more vocal about it.

And where is our other famous troll during all this? The guy who swore the suspension on the GTR was unbeatable and the Z06 had "decades old" suspension. And yet here they are barely a month or two after release improving on it. (I know there is money limitations on factory suspension, just making a point about a previous post).
Old 01-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Restricted User

Seems to me that the real insecurity lies in the import fanboy side. The fact that they are here inundating us with posts about the Toyota Tundra and Nissan GT-R all but proves that.

The C6 Z06 really tore up hallowed ground. It's a car that puts cars twice (even three times) as expensive to shame. That's a hard pill to swallow. So now that these downtrodden folk have a new hero with great promise, they want to parade it around town. Fine. Only one problem - we don't know yet that this hero isn't a zero. It's a badass car regardless, but the "hype bar" has been raised so high that i don't think this car can possibly deliver. Everyone has forgotten what this car was designed to be. It started out as a C6 killer, then became a Z06 killer, now supposedly there's a version that will run with the ZR1...what about the F-22 Raptor...is Nissan working on a version to handle that too? It's the same thing that happened with the GT500...we now have a 700hp version that still struggles to run with the 505hp Z06. Seems like the world's automakers are tripping over one another to find an answer for the Corvette. I wonder if GM realized the kind of monster they were creating when they penned the C6Z?

As for me...i'm going Vette shopping.

I am just as tired of hearing about the GT-R as are most of the members of this site. It WAS an exciting car, but it's being killed by all the fanboys beating us over the head with it. Relax...let the car do the talking. We'll see what it can really do when the test crews get ahold of it and beat the crap out of it. My bet is it will be a good competitor to the Z06...probably slower in a straight line but neck and neck with the Z on the circuit. That's what I think Nissan was aiming for, and accomplishing that is a pretty admirable feat...especially at a comparable price.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the entertainment guys!
Old 01-19-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

^ Bullshit. There is no entertainment to be had here, only pertinent and informative discussion.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR Makes 500AWHP with just a Cat-back.