Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Nissan GTR Makes 500AWHP with just a Cat-back.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mzoomora
No, I am just tired of hearing about a car that isnt even out yet. I could honestly care less what the car does since I will never own one. That said, it is my opinion that it will be close in performance to the Z06, but with a good driver the Z06 will win in all but the first 300 ft. People just got all bent out of shape because I called BS on what is basically an AD for an aftermarket exhaust which also has conflicting numbers (Is it WHP or FWHP?, it does say "Flywheel HP rating"). You cant believe everything you read on the internet, especially when something is for sale.

Try ZERO miles. Judging quality by pictures? Concept cars look to have amazing fit and finish in a picture, have you ever seen one up close? When are these cars even due stateside? Mid-summer?

Again, a few interesting threads werent bad. But to have the same troll come on here and post about new colors? Coil overs? An exhaust? Like I said before, I am not the only one who feels this way, I am just being more vocal about it.

And where is our other famous troll during all this? The guy who swore the suspension on the GTR was unbeatable and the Z06 had "decades old" suspension. And yet here they are barely a month or two after release improving on it. (I know there is money limitations on factory suspension, just making a point about a previous post).
Well, I was kinda agreeing with you.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Just a quick glance at the GTR makes it pretty evident that the quality surpasses the C6....several journalists have already said it is as good or better then the Porsche 997s quality.
Thats definitely an over-the-top statement from the same journalists that were on the G35 and 350s nuts. Look where that got them.

I know this GTR is going to be something great, but enough already with the ridiculous statements.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any car that can lap the the Nurburgring more than 10 seconds faster than a c6 Z06, gets my respect....

And the mod potential on this car.....I can't wait to see what happens....
Old 01-20-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really dont understand so much hate against the skyline........Stop acting like mustang guys
Old 01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Well, I was kinda agreeing with you.
Yeah, I kinda thought so, I was just using you to help make a point.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by slick1851
I really dont understand so much hate against the skyline........Stop acting like mustang guys
Well, there WASN'T really hate against the Skyline, until a few folks came on here and inundated us with every article, column, video, photo, track time, and fart that had anything to do with the car. Now we're frankly just tired of hearing about it.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR Makes 500AWHP with just a Cat-back.