Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM's leader is the problem !

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM's leader is the problem !

This guy Rick Wagoner is cut from the same stuff Richard Smith was and we all know what a mess he left General Motors in . Somebody up there in the top floor of the GM building better come down to reality pretty quick or its gonna be the fat lady singing a sad song .
WHY IN THE HELL they don't sack this loser and replace him with a true car guy like Lutz is beyond belief . Bean counters is all we have gotten from GM for the past couple of decades. Where oh where are the Ed Cole's & the Bunkie Knudson's & Pete Estes ? Real car guys that understood what the buying public really wanted & delivered . Those were GM's golden years . Hell no , what do we get ? Bean counters & more bean counters . Go ahead GM . Your gonna get just what you bean counting sum-bitches deserve.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

He's been in his position for a while, so I'm wondering what brought this on? Did he do something recent that really pissed you off, or are you just trying to blindly accuse him? Either way, it's the internet, and you can feel free to do either, but if you've got reasons, I, for one, would love to see them.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To big of a corporation to narrow it down to just ONE guy as the cause of the mess they're in.

He doesn't work for Ford or for Chrysler either and they're in the same mess.

I think american car companys have fallen behind the curve and need to all change their mindset and stop putting **** or recycled designs. My opinion though.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
He's been in his position for a while, so I'm wondering what brought this on? Did he do something recent that really pissed you off, or are you just trying to blindly accuse him? Either way, it's the Internet, and you can feel free to do either, but if you've got reasons, I, for one, would love to see them.

Reasons ? This man wants REASONS ?
If you can't see them then why waste my time trying to explain ? Good gosh man , look at the crap GM has been putting out for the last several years . The G cars & that old lookin G8 car that looks like the AZTEK failure . Its just one loser after another . Its like they've lost their way & no one there can find their way back . Look at the HHR convertible pick-up truck ,and the new CTS is ugly as hell . Sure , GM has the drivetrain down pat but their stylist are lost as a goose, I mean they don't even have a clue .That's why I said they need to put a REAL car guy in charge , then send the bean counters in their own little room and NOT let em out. Look at the beautiful Aussie cars from down under . That's what happens when CAR GUYS are in charge . Hell , GM should just send us everything their selling over there . Its politics people , pure politics . In fighting is whats killing the industries in this country and MR.Wagoner is a bean counting politician of the first order just like Richard Smith before him .
Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
Reasons ? This man wants REASONS ?
If you can't see them then why waste my time trying to explain ? Good gosh man , look at the crap GM has been putting out for the last several years . The G cars & that old lookin G8 car that looks like the AZTEK failure . Its just one loser after another . Its like they've lost their way & no one there can find their way back . Look at the HHR convertible pick-up truck ,and the new CTS is ugly as hell . Sure , GM has the drivetrain down pat but their stylist are lost as a goose, I mean they don't even have a clue .That's why I said they need to put a REAL car guy in charge , then send the bean counters in their own little room and NOT let em out. Look at the beautiful Aussie cars from down under . That's what happens when CAR GUYS are in charge . Hell , GM should just send us everything their selling over there . Its politics people , pure politics . In fighting is whats killing the industries in this country and MR.Wagoner is a bean counting politician of the first order just like Richard Smith before him .
It was a SSR, not HHR. And it was a failure. A lot of people thought the first CTS was ugly, but it did well. I think the new one will also do well. Their new products are getting better and I think they will continue to do so.

Also, the CEO is not solely in charge of what gets made and what doesnt. The CEO and CFO are supposed to be bean counters, they are running the buisness to be profitable. It is the design departments, marketing departments, research and development, and individual company heads to decide/influence what gets made.

It is human nature to try and blame one person, but that is not the case. You cant blame the President for everything, or the coach of your favorite team, or even the CEO of a very large corporation. They share blame with a lot of people below and around them.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mzumara
It was a SSR, not HHR. And it was a failure. A lot of people thought the first CTS was ugly, but it did well. I think the new one will also do well. Their new products are getting better and I think they will continue to do so.

Also, the CEO is not solely in charge of what gets made and what doesnt. The CEO and CFO are supposed to be bean counters, they are running the business to be profitable. It is the design departments, marketing departments, research and development, and individual company heads to decide/influence what gets made.

It is human nature to try and blame one person, but that is not the case. You cant blame the President for everything, or the coach of your favorite team, or even the CEO of a very large corporation. They share blame with a lot of people below and around them.
While it maybe or maybe not be true that you can't blame anyone person for the failure of General Motors Corporation to design & build interesting attractive dependable competitive vehicles you can point the finger at the people responsible for selecting incompetent design~marketing~research~& development employee's who continuously put out inferior products year after year . There's absolutely no excuse for this other that who sits at the top! Its like that old Truman saying , "THE BUCK STOPS HERE" ! He's the man steering the ship damn it . You can make excuses all day long for GM but that won't change the fact that they have been going in the wrong direction for so long that they have lost sight of the purpose of their existence .Everything they've done lately is a knee-jerk reaction to the market instead of being ahead of the curve they are 10 years behind it . The new Camaro should have already been in showrooms months ago , instead production hasn't even started as we speak . In this competitive environment that exist in todays market any corporation that takes that long to move is doomed already . It was their's to lose & it appears that they have succeeded in doing just that .
The Japs & the Germans and maybe even the Koreans are about to hand General Motors Its *** .
Old 02-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Lutz the Putz is the one that needs to go.That's my opinion
Old 02-17-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dan
I think Lutz the Putz is the one that needs to go.That's my opinion
Exactly. Wagoner has been pretty stable and hands off. The schizophrenia, and damage, is coming from a rung below him - Bob Putz.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

i think its the unions that need to go. we wouldn't need to count beans do much if we were more profitable per car. we'd also have money for new projects etc...
Old 02-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Banned

Wink

Originally Posted by qwikz28
i think its the unions that need to go. we wouldn't need to count beans do much if we were more profitable per car. we'd also have money for new projects etc...
Spoken like a true white collar Company man ! Rick Wagoner would be proud of you ! A real stand-up Republican !
Old 02-17-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

I think the new CTS is absolutely gorgeous, blows the old CTS away in every comparison. Yeah the Aztek and a few other cars were giant pieces of garbage, but every car company has its few pieces of sh*t. GM is on the rebound and little by little they are working their way back up to show us why they have been #1 for so long.
-Joel
Old 02-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

This guy Rick Wagoner is cut from the same stuff Richard Smith was and we all know what a mess he left General Motors in . Somebody up there in the top floor of the GM building better come down to reality pretty quick or its gonna be the fat lady singing a sad song .
WHY IN THE HELL they don't sack this loser and replace him with a true car guy like Lutz is beyond belief . Bean counters is all we have gotten from GM for the past couple of decades. Where oh where are the Ed Cole's & the Bunkie Knudson's & Pete Estes ? Real car guys that understood what the buying public really wanted & delivered . Those were GM's golden years . Hell no , what do we get ? Bean counters & more bean counters . Go ahead GM . Your gonna get just what you bean counting sum-bitches deserve.
Ok, you've got the names right, but the Golden Years

In your opinion what made these the Golden Years?

I was exposted to GM from 1970 until 2000. A direct supplier. What capacity were you during the Golden Years. Forget that just tell us in your opinion what made these the Golden Years? thanks

A grumpy sometimes angry old man and his dog - Jake
Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned

This Wagoner guy. How did he get this job? Have you ever met him? Have you ever heard him talk? Has the Wagoner guy been at the helm for the past two decades? That's 88 to 2008, right? So this Wagoner guy is responsible for everything, right? If this is true then let no person ever bitch what he is paid. GM world wide - how man employees?

Jake is tied up he won't hurt you. I sell GM products. That fact doesn't make me and smarter or different from you. I really don't need to work. I work because the work I do is fun. Beats the hell out of setting on your ***. There is plenty of time for the wife, kids, grandkids, beer, cigars, and friends. Z Roadster educate me - please. You might be right - try me~ Don't want to do it in public figure out a different way to answer me.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie

And with no union's how are people going to pay for medical **** in this country, lets not even go there on how fucked up our medical system is a greedy
Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
Ok, you've got the names right, but the Golden Years

In your opinion what made these the Golden Years?

I was exposted to GM from 1970 until 2000. A direct supplier. What capacity were you during the Golden Years. Forget that just tell us in your opinion what made these the Golden Years? thanks

Most people consider GM's golden years as from 1955 thru 1970 when Harley Earl & Bill Mitchell & John Deloren & Zora Duntoff strolled the halls of the GM building , wouldn't you agree ? And as for what made these the golden years , , , "THINK ABOUT IT" ! !
Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned

55 to 1970 might be the golden years. Are their really any golden years? During that period 55 to 70 was when the Jap's and others arrived. The domestics had their heads in sand and a large part of the total world auto sales up their ***. So, the new kids on the block weren't a threat in thier eyes. TYes or no? hose aren't golden year in my eyes.

The golden years in my eyes is taking advantage of what I have today. Not worring about what I have no control over. Being a car person is fun all the time..

Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

just out of curiosity, what would you do to change GM if you were to take over for wagoner tomorrow?
Old 02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

I still believe what I previously posted but. This is a good subject it made me think. After the pain went away I might identify any Golden perriod in GM and the auto industry as being after WW 11. From 42 to what 47 for you history folks, no cars were made. Everything was devoted to a war effort. Had we lost we might have all spoken Japanees or German. But we won so today we butcher the queens language

From say 1947 to 1970 were my Golded Years. Sure during that time all manufacturers built uncessful products. Some even went away. But I think the most new changes happened during this period.

Quick Reply: GM's leader is the problem !