Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Messing with a ricer car in san diego(2003 Kia)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messing with a ricer car in san diego(2003 Kia)

OK, this is gonna sound kind of rice, but thats the point. I hate ricers so bad, I am gonna make the most rediculous looking one out there.

I have a 2003 Kia spectra. I want to turn it into an anti-rice machine. Its gonna have the big ol wing on it, plastic roof scoop. Welded hood scoop, stuff like that.

However, since I have in my posession 2 intake manifolds, and 2 throttle bodies, I want to try and make a Kia with 2 throttle bodies. I need someone who knows how to weld, and has a little bit more of a fabrication background to help me with this process. Obviously I will have to retune it, esecially since I plan on eliminating the other O2 sensor, so that I can weld up my own iron exhaust manifold. Creat a 2 to H to duel pipe exhaust setup. Its gonna look sooooo stupid. But thats the point. I am in san diego and would like someone to help me out with this.

Suggestions on what to do to the car are more than welcome. As well as extra stuff that you have just laying around.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Ummm...
Old 02-21-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats really stupid.... both ideas
Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

This thread has no place in the "Automotive News, Media & Press" section. Where's a moderator when you need one?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jwindbigler
OK, this is gonna sound kind of rice, but thats the point. I hate ricers so bad, I am gonna make the most rediculous looking one out there.

I have a 2003 Kia spectra. I want to turn it into an anti-rice machine. Its gonna have the big ol wing on it, plastic roof scoop. Welded hood scoop, stuff like that.

However, since I have in my posession 2 intake manifolds, and 2 throttle bodies, I want to try and make a Kia with 2 throttle bodies. I need someone who knows how to weld, and has a little bit more of a fabrication background to help me with this process. Obviously I will have to retune it, esecially since I plan on eliminating the other O2 sensor, so that I can weld up my own iron exhaust manifold. Creat a 2 to H to duel pipe exhaust setup. Its gonna look sooooo stupid. But thats the point. I am in san diego and would like someone to help me out with this.

Suggestions on what to do to the car are more than welcome. As well as extra stuff that you have just laying around.
This is about the dumbest **** Ive heard in awhile. I would find other ways to invest my time and money.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

I have a better Idea.

don't do any of that.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's what you wanna do....

Remove as much of the sound deadening and interior carpeting as possible, including the rear seats, etc.

Cut a whole through the firewall and route the intake to feed from inside the cabin. Once you've done that, remove all the windows from their doors, put NASCAR mesh in the driver and passenger side windows, and weld all the doors shut.

Proceed to delete the muffler and route it to a dump at the rear suspension.

After that, do like you said with the hood scoop, but instead of a weld-on, grab one of those Mustang GT ones that just 3M-tape on, and cut a hole underneath it to cool the exhaust manifold, because face it, it's gonna be ******* hot in this car.

Then, gut the A/C and all extraneous elements from the car. Then, get some nice steel wheels and some BF Goodrich Radial T/As or Road Hugger GT's and mount them with the white lettering out. Finish off the car with Grand Sport Corvette blood stripes across the front driver-side fender, and you're ready to go!

I've wanted to build a rat-racer myself, which explains my response compared to the others....

lol
Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by suprastars
This is about the dumbest **** Ive heard in awhile. I would find other ways to invest my time and money.
Kia's have no resale value, so let him have fun with it!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are .... a retard

/thread
Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

why is this not locked or moved??!!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
Here's what you wanna do....

Remove as much of the sound deadening and interior carpeting as possible, including the rear seats, etc.

Cut a whole through the firewall and route the intake to feed from inside the cabin. Once you've done that, remove all the windows from their doors, put NASCAR mesh in the driver and passenger side windows, and weld all the doors shut.

Proceed to delete the muffler and route it to a dump at the rear suspension.

After that, do like you said with the hood scoop, but instead of a weld-on, grab one of those Mustang GT ones that just 3M-tape on, and cut a hole underneath it to cool the exhaust manifold, because face it, it's gonna be ******* hot in this car.

Then, gut the A/C and all extraneous elements from the car. Then, get some nice steel wheels and some BF Goodrich Radial T/As or Road Hugger GT's and mount them with the white lettering out. Finish off the car with Grand Sport Corvette blood stripes across the front driver-side fender, and you're ready to go!

I've wanted to build a rat-racer myself, which explains my response compared to the others....

lol
Im still wanting to maintain some drivablity in the rain. I just want this thing to make fun of the ricers out there. There wont be any interior. Except the driver and passenger seats. Im gonna keep the windows. It didnt come with A/C to begin with, so I dont have to deal with that.

I think that I will go with one of those fake GT ones. But I think that I will try to make it somewhat functional.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
You are .... a retard

/thread
Thats the idea. To have fun with it.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jwindbigler

Spell check
Old 02-21-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
What?! Just looking for a little help with welding aluminum thats all.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what does this have to do with Automotive News, Media & Press?????????

Killed In Action
Old 02-22-2008, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 AM
TECH Veteran

rig the backup TB with a string to operate it, and hook the string up to a climate control ****. when someone asks how it works tell them you pull the **** off and pull for more hp.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

I like the idea...but it is in the wrong section. Needs to be in the racer's lounge.

W
Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time. I wanna see pics.

Quick Reply: Messing with a ricer car in san diego(2003 Kia)