Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Edmunds Full-Test & Video - Nissan GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COD02SS
X2. The info display is beautiful but it really can't be compared to a C6. Why? 2+2 compared to a 2 seater as well as interior materials are 100X's better then the vette's.
HA!

What materials? Plastic, Leather and Vinyl? I love these kinds of arguments. Now your probably going to try to tell us that Nissan makes a better car than Chevy. Can't wait for that.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by COD02SS
X2. The info display is beautiful but it really can't be compared to a C6. Why? 2+2 compared to a 2 seater as well as interior materials are 100X's better then the vette's.
You're right about the 2+2 thing, but interior materials 100Xs better?
You sure it's not more like 123Xs better or maybe only like 92Xs better?

Some of you people make Corvette interiors out to be like that of a 1976 base model Dodge Monaco or something and that simply ANYTHING with an import nameplate on it must clearly be competition for Rolls Royce.
My C6's interior (and exterior) is amazing, EXTREMELY high quality from top to bottom. Even C5 interiors are not nearly as bad as some people accuse them of being.

Nothing like a little overboard, overblown exaggeration to make a poster look like a total ignoramus.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
I love these kinds of arguments. Now your probably going to try to tell us that Nissan makes a better car than Chevy. Can't wait for that.
Dude, but it's a Japanese car, it's GOT TO BE better.

Import nutswinging fanboys.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
HA!

What materials? Plastic, Leather and Vinyl? I love these kinds of arguments. Now your probably going to try to tell us that Nissan makes a better car than Chevy. Can't wait for that.
You already said it so why should i have to say it?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Where is Chris? A GTR thread and no posts from him. I predicting this will spiral into the usual this car sucks, that car sucks and get locked. Like the thousands of others. The only difference is this one actually started as a pretty informative post.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Where is Chris? A GTR thread and no posts from him. I predicting this will spiral into the usual this car sucks, that car sucks and get locked. Like the thousands of others. The only difference is this one actually started as a pretty informative post.
Im sure he's watching
Old 05-14-2008, 04:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well without knocking one car or another or having another ***** contest I'm sure we can agree that for $100,000(projected ZR1) that the interior isn't as nice as most other 100K cars? I mean from what I read, the interior is gonna remain the same as the Z06, which is a great interior but not like similarly priced Porsche's, BMW's, MB's, Maserati's, etc...
Great interior but not made with exotic materials or high grade leathers and suedes and such...we can agree to that right? I mean it is the blue collar worker's supercar after all.

Now I'm gonna add that the ZR1 shows promise to be an exceptional car with few equals, I need to throw that disclaimer out there so nobody thinks I'm knocking on the ZR1.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Guys, neither car is gonna have the interior quality they should have, Vette OR GT-R.

To say that Nissan's interior quality is fantastic is just about as stupid as saying the Vette's is. Come on...

Like Spoolin said, these are not damn Porsches... I've been lucky enough to sit in the interior of a few Porsches... Now that's damn quality.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know if the GT-R has a nicer/better quality interior because I haven't sat in one. I have never liked the C6 interior. It's boring and bland if you ask me. I liked the C5 interior better. The C6 seems to use better materials though as it doesn't have the rattles that the C5 does.

All cars use essentially the same materials in their interiors. It's the design and engineering of how those materials fit together, how they feel to the touch and how they look that make the difference.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Guys, neither car is gonna have the interior quality they should have, Vette OR GT-R.

To say that Nissan's interior quality is fantastic is just about as stupid as saying the Vette's is. Come on...

Like Spoolin said, these are not damn Porsches... I've been lucky enough to sit in the interior of a few Porsches... Now that's damn quality.
Nissan has taken the extra steps to insure everything is leather wrapped inside(dashboard, steering wheels, door panels, etc...).
Old 05-14-2008, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Well without knocking one car or another or having another ***** contest I'm sure we can agree that for $100,000(projected ZR1) that the interior isn't as nice as most other 100K cars? I mean from what I read, the interior is gonna remain the same as the Z06, which is a great interior but not like similarly priced Porsche's, BMW's, MB's, Maserati's, etc...
Great interior but not made with exotic materials or high grade leathers and suedes and such...we can agree to that right? I mean it is the blue collar worker's supercar after all.
True. But as you also alluded to briefly, not having an interior that's quite up to the standards of the average $100k car kind of gets somewhat overlooked when your $100k car outperforms $700k - $800k cars (time will tell if that's actually true or not of course).
Besides, the ZR1 is supposed to be getting the Z06's optional/upgraded interior as standard which is quite nice I might add.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by fail_safe
Im sure he's watching
Yeah, me too.
'sup Chris

Banned much?
Old 05-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Yeah, me too.
'sup Chris

Banned much?
I know, it sucks
Old 05-14-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Besides, the ZR1 is supposed to be getting the Z06's optional/upgraded interior as standard which is quite nice I might add.
No it's not. There are 2 option groups on the ZR1. The premium will include the leather wrappend interior but the base will not. GM has already said that the 2nd option package will add over 400 pounds to the weight of the car so they decided to offer a base package that is lighter and therefore, faster.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Morpheus
It's got the same accessories as most sports cars. The one big difference I see is the info screen which I think is genius. It's like having a laptop hooked up in your car monitoring all the info but it's on the dash instead of in the passenger seat.

Other than that, it's got a lot of the same features as a loaded auto. C6.
At least I am not a blind naysayer, right?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

No it's not. There are 2 option groups on the ZR1. The premium will include the leather wrappend interior but the base will not. GM has already said that the 2nd option package will add over 400 pounds to the weight of the car so they decided to offer a base package that is lighter and therefore, faster.
Whats that second option, it must be a ton of **** if its going to add 400pounds to the weight of the car.
-Joel
Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

GM has already said that the 2nd option package will add over 400 pounds to the weight of the car
That's impossible.
We might be talking about two different things here. There is an option package that adds things like extra power adjustments on the seats, Navigation, power telescoping steering wheel etc and then there is the upgraded interior items that I was referring too such as two tone leathers, special stitching, leather dash/door panels etc.
They might include one package when you order the other but regardless of how much you option up a Corvette you are NOT going to be able to add any more than say 130 pounds or so to the car.
The ZR1 does weigh more than the base cars and the Z06. perhaps that's what you'd read?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's impossible.
We might be talking about two different things here. There is an option package that adds things like extra power adjustments on the seats, Navigation, power telescoping steering wheel etc and then there is the upgraded interior items that I was referring too such as two tone leathers, special stitching, leather dash/door panels etc.
They might include one package when you order the other but regardless of how much you option up a Corvette you are NOT going to be able to add any more than say 130 pounds or so to the car.
The ZR1 does weigh more than the base cars and the Z06. perhaps that's what you'd read?
I'm telling you what the Corvette brand manager has said reguarding the 2 packages but here's the info straight from the ZR1 ordering guide from GM Dealerworld just in case you still think I'm wrong. There are only 2 option packages on the ZR1 and it shows what is included in each. The wrapped interior is included in the 2nd package. How do you know for sure how much that extra leather and options weighs?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's the new Z06 wheels too.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

How do you know for sure how much that extra leather and options weighs?
How? Because I'm a HUGE Corvette enthusiast (and owner) who's on the internet and around Corvettes practically all day/every day and I absorb/retain the knowledge/information that I learn about them as if it were my job LOL.
Truth is I don't know for sure the exact weights and yes those options will in fact add at least some weight but let's be reasonable here.
The option packages and their contents are still very similar to those of the base cars and the Z06s and there is no way to add that much weight to any individual Corvette model simply through factory options/option packages.
Will a loaded ZR1 weigh notably more than a base Z06? Yes, of course but they're two different cars.
A loaded/fully optioned ZR1 cannot weigh 400 pounds more than a base/no option one.

Quick Reply: Edmunds Full-Test & Video - Nissan GT-R