Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HARD POP on front driver's side after acceleration/in between shifts

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony tone
it sounds like there something wrong by the shock tower or a bushing loose or something. anytime i gun it (1st,2nd,3rd gear) and let off its a hard POP on my side as if the damn shock tower is going to pop through the hood. a simulation of this is if you would just hit a pot hole in between shifts.

i took it to the dealer and they show the driver's side motor mount destroyed, but i don't think that's what's causing this. even though i can agree with them on the motor mount as i feel vibration everytime i turn on/off the car and let off any gear slowly, but this just sounds totally different. i even hear the same pop if i go over a speed bump and land down.

any ideas?

thanks guys.

Tony
upper or lower ball joint in that corner you hear it in.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92nsx
NO way, maybe another 100-150, but OEM LS6 would go BOOM. The compression ratio is way to high for a boosted engine. 5-6 lbs, max. And hope to hell you dont get denotation, even at 5-6 lbs. Any more boost you will have to run straight 110 octane to prevent it from pre-denotation.

Turbo engines have low compression ratio for a reason

The biggest problem I have with my 7MGTE (supra) is blowing out the spark at high boost. I think im down to 22 thou on my plugs for high boost.
Colder plug non projected tip and as tight as gap. If your not using a cold enough plug to recess the porcelain for your power level it will do what you describe.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guess what guys, replaced the driver's side motor mount and the car feels brand new. no vibration coming out low rpm off 1st, and more importantly, the sound this thread was made for is now gone.

when i removed the original mount it literally turned in to powder.

Quick Reply: HARD POP on front driver's side after acceleration/in between shifts