Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Voodoo Performance CTSV Strut Tower Braces

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voodoo Performance CTSV Strut Tower Braces

Yeah, so it looks like Im going to start producing all kinds of crap for the V's. Im having waaay too much fun building race car parts, so I figured I might as well make some money while doing it.

All prices include shipping.

Front Strut Bar:
Mounts in stock location, 1" X 2" X .125"(1/8") wall box tubing attached to .1875(3/16") mounting plates. Black spray paint standard, specify if you want bare steel.
welds exposed - $200
smoothed welds - $250
Painted, welds exposed - $280
Painted, smoothed welds - $320

Rear Strut Bar:
Requires minor trunk panel cutting. 1.5" X .125"(1/8") wall tubing attached to .1875(3/16") mounting plates. Black spray paint standard, specify if you want bare steel.
welds exposed - $150
smoothed welds - $200
Painted, welds exposed - $220
Painted, smoothed welds - $270

*The smaller bar in the image of the rear strut bar was my 1 inch prototype (same size as Lindsay Cadillac), I feel it still allowed too much flex in the rear of the car.

**Paint colors available: CTSV Black, CTSV Grey, CTSV Stealth Grey and CTSV Arrest Me Red. Other colors are available, PM me on those.

Other "Voodoo Performance Parts" to stay on the lookout for:
Offset Rear Trailing Arms for wider wheels
Rear Toe Rods
KARS III Kits
3 piece sway bar kit
Old 03-07-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe im wrong but for that kind of money does the front strut bar really make that big of a difference from the factory one? i would be interested but it doenst look much different.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The factory bar is flimsy. Seriously you can push on it with your hand and it will bend. Not the same bar, but his looks in similar size to the BMR unit so here's a 'comparison' pic:
Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by itsslow98
maybe im wrong but for that kind of money does the front strut bar really make that big of a difference from the factory one? i would be interested but it doenst look much different.
In most cars you wont notice strut bars until you upgrade the suspension, at least change out the sway bars for larger ones. Our V's actually came out of the factory pretty solid so with our stock setup the car feels more loose in quick transitions or hard corners. With the strut bars that feeling goes away, the car starts feeling a lot more "like a track car" and solid in hard turns or in hard braking applications.

Obviously with the stock bars the body still sways, but it doesn't feel like it moves around as much because the body doesn't distort. Does any of that make sense?
Old 03-08-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea i understand what your saying, I don't autocross the car so it's prolly not worth the money for me IMO. Nice looking brace good luck with the sales.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Launching!

dont take this the wrong way, im not trying to be a dick but if you want to sell those products especially for those prices you should work on cleaning up the welds. a little more penetration with a lil more consistant rod should do the trick. unless your mig welding slow down the rod and turn up the heat a bit. just a suggestion. good luck with your sales i like the idea!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOATDOCTOR
dont take this the wrong way, im not trying to be a dick but if you want to sell those products especially for those prices you should work on cleaning up the welds. a little more penetration with a lil more consistant rod should do the trick. unless your mig welding slow down the rod and turn up the heat a bit. just a suggestion. good luck with your sales i like the idea!
<-- Certified welder But I will make the welds more pretty on other peoples stuff(its a mig). As you know, when youre prototyping, its back and forth with weld, reshape, weld, test fit... etc...
Old 03-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cts-voodoo
<-- certified welder but i will make the welds more pretty on other peoples stuff(its a mig). As you know, when youre prototyping, its back and forth with weld, reshape, weld, test fit... Etc...
true. Cool products man. If i were more into track i would definately be interested.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-loci-T
Not to question your certification but who exactly is it through? Is it AWS, API or ASME? These are the only certifications that are really recognized. Also what level of certifications do you hold? I have read and heard you talk about grinding welds which is completely unacceptable with any of these certifications. Do you mind producing your certification number?

Thanks.
If you weren't ever allowed to grind down a weld, how would body shops repair welded panels?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he doesnt have a cert...my 8 yr old brother can weld better..
Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
Was there a purpose to this post?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, that was rather Mike Nice-ish after 9 months
Old 12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SkullV
Was there a purpose to this post?
yeah,its exactly what i posted. his welds are garbage. why do u care what i post anyway.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
you should be putting him to work making money and not wasting time posting junk online
Old 12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok, so all you guys have your opinions right? so do i...jumping on me because i voiced mine only proves what i already thought...he's selling over priced junk..why dont you buy one. and get off my ***
Old 12-06-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

while your 8 yr old brother is welding in the background, it must be blocking your view of the fact that this thread is like 9mths old
Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

what he said....i dont understand why you'd bump a 9 month old thread just to talk ****. Childish if you ask me.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was looking something up and decided to post.. really are you guys kidding me..read the damn thread
Old 12-06-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

He's not selling anything anymore, you would have known that if you had been around a little longer like Voodoo has. You bumped a worthless thread, and gave your worthless opinion.

Quick Reply: Voodoo Performance CTSV Strut Tower Braces