Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS v Suspension Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default CTS v Suspension Video

I came across this a while back of a Caddy Engineer explaining the Cts v suspension, but more important to us he explains how for the 09 V the use of different size half- shafts stops wheel hop. The wheel hop part is about 1min 24 sec in.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...ion_165628.htm
Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good video. It sound like they did what GForce Engineering is doing with their axles.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ELES6CTS
Good video. It sound like they did what GForce Engineering is doing with their axles.
Except for the fact that the Gforce axles only work properly when you buy 2 if you have had the 06-07 half shaft upgrade under warranty. I had 06-07 axles and my Hendrix axle stopped 98% of my hop except for rolling 1st gear pulls in the rain and drag launches on a prepped drag strip. 100% of hop is gone in dry conditions on the street! Either Hendrix had it right with the driver side upgrade instead of the passenger side like Geforce or there was some other underlying problem with the Geforce tester's car (not bashing Whistler). My results were with Bridgestone RE01R tires on the street.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SkullV
Except for the fact that the Gforce axles only work properly when you buy 2 if you have had the 06-07 half shaft upgrade under warranty. I had 06-07 axles and my Hendrix axle stopped 98% of my hop except for rolling 1st gear pulls in the rain and drag launches on a prepped drag strip. 100% of hop is gone in dry conditions on the street! Either Hendrix had it right with the driver side upgrade instead of the passenger side like Geforce or there was some other underlying problem with the Geforce tester's car (not bashing Whistler). My results were with Bridgestone RE01R tires on the street.
The other guy danboss has a 05 and he ussed the g-force upgrade and is fine.

I would never buy anything from hendrix, the guy lied like hell to me about that cltuch setup and hes just an pain in the *** to deal with.

I hope Gforce figures it out. Plus that track video you had just proved that with sticky rubber she still hops a bit.....
Old 10-25-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
I hope Gforce figures it out. Plus that track video you had just proved that with sticky rubber she still hops a bit.....
It works on 04-05 axles and not 06-07 but Hendrix's axles work on both? It does hop a bit at the track, but so will Gforces even if they work, so will a mustang with a 9" Solid Axle if it doesn't hook (also in one of the videos we posted). A prepped drag strip is STICKY, its not like the streets we drive on every day.

I also hope Gforce works their stuff out, but I just don't understand why they were SO into making the passenger axle instead of the driver axle when the driver's side axle seems to fix the problem on the 06-07 axles (that I have installed)
Old 10-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

It works on 04-05 axles and not 06-07 but Hendrix's axles work on both? It does hop a bit at the track, but so will Gforces even if they work, so will a mustang with a 9" Solid Axle if it doesn't hook (also in one of the videos we posted). A prepped drag strip is STICKY, its not like the streets we drive on every day.

I also hope Gforce works their stuff out, but I just don't understand why they were SO into making the passenger axle instead of the driver axle when the driver's side axle seems to fix the problem on the 06-07 axles (that I have installed)
ya on a cold new england days my kars kit works well..

On a 90 degree summer day on some new street pavement she hops away...

I want a sure fix , either way im glad ppl are doing research...
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
ya on a cold new england days my kars kit works well..

On a 90 degree summer day on some new street pavement she hops away...

I want a sure fix , either way im glad ppl are doing research...
Only sure fix is a straight axle, or no hard launches
Old 10-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Teching In

so if its better to have two different size axle shafts to deal whith wheelhop, should i put one 04-05 (smaller) shaft into my 06 V? would that help?
Old 10-25-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hasher
so if its better to have two different size axle shafts to deal whith wheelhop, should i put one 04-05 (smaller) shaft into my 06 V? would that help?
Won't work, the size difference is not enough, also the size difference is not only the problem, the torsional strength of each axle must be different.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hasher
I asked the same thing on the other forum..

it hasnt been tried yet, ppl have swapped both axles from a 06-07 into a 04-05 but no one has tried swapping just one axle...
Old 10-25-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

As I told you before...yes it has been tried, and no it does not work. I even linked you to info about it.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

great video.. saw that b4 the new V's came out!

Last edited by SoJersey05V; 10-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only sure fix is a straight axle, or no hard launches
Have you come across anyone doing this?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vmapper
Have you come across anyone doing this?
No but I'm SURE it is something that EPP could handle.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

I'm making both a drivers side and a big passenger side axle.
The big passenger side axle should work better on the 04-05 cars then doing the drivers side axle.
I wouldnt even had sold Wisler a big passenger side axle if I had known he had the larger passenger side axle already.
The drivers side axle I'm making will work good on the 06-07 cars.
Putting both my drivers side axle and my big passenger side axle in should work even better. I have a few guys that are doing just that. 300m axles on both sides for under $600. and no wheel hop.

The big and small "Anti wheel hop axle kit" we sell for the GTO works great and is a big seller.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
I'm making both a drivers side and a big passenger side axle.
The big passenger side axle should work better on the 04-05 cars then doing the drivers side axle.
I wouldnt even had sold Wisler a big passenger side axle if I had known he had the larger passenger side axle already.
The drivers side axle I'm making will work good on the 06-07 cars.
Putting both my drivers side axle and my big passenger side axle in should work even better. I have a few guys that are doing just that. 300m axles on both sides for under $600. and no wheel hop.

The big and small "Anti wheel hop axle kit" we sell for the GTO works great and is a big seller.
Is the drivers side the weak link on the 2006??? also have u had anywon on a 2006 CTS-V just use your drivers side and get away with most wheel hop?...i am looking into the anti wheel hop kits and i am not sure what is the best way to go?? thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GREG O.
Is the drivers side the weak link on the 2006??? also have u had anywon on a 2006 CTS-V just use your drivers side and get away with most wheel hop?...i am looking into the anti wheel hop kits and i am not sure what is the best way to go?? thanks
I'll be shipping a bunch of axles out this week, we'll have to wait for the feedback.
The big axle on the 04-05 works great at stopping wheel hop.
The drivers axle should work just as well. If you want the best fix possible, both axles would be the best thing (big and small)

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: CTS v Suspension Video