Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

H&R springs installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H&R springs installed (pics)

Well it is finally done I have some tricks and info on the Install but dont have time to post it all now. and it rides like a dream. Same feel with better handling if you can believe it and it looks siiiicccckkkk and i drove from arlington heights to chicago and back to sandwitch illinois yesterday and today and everything was peachy

so anyway I will answer everything tomorrow

Old 03-15-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice man! It's about time

Whats the next mod on the to do list??
Old 03-15-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice, cant wait to hear the details i might be lowering mine cause yours looks so good.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

where did u get those clear corner fod lights at?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Are they adjustable? IMO... i would bring it up about 1/4" to 1/2". I dont like em "tucked". Looks awesome though. Just my personal driving preference.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks nice. I dont think my 275/40s would ever fit lowered though.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brent, did you lower it yet? I can't tell from the pics.

hha j/k looks great man!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Looking real good, b-man! I know you've been wanting to drop it for a while now. Same question as above....what's the next step for your ride? I bought y2k's old V, so there isn't much for me left to do...gonna re-spray the front grills, fix the caddy emblem, and detail it. Will post pics after detail....
Old 03-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frank02L
That looks nice. I dont think my 275/40s would ever fit lowered though.
I had 275/40's on my car when I had those springs. Brentman's sits about 1/4" lower in the rear due to the added washer but I didnt encounter any rubbing with them even on hard bumps.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Resident

FIrst off thanks everybody

Originally Posted by archerandsons
where did u get those clear corner fod lights at?
I got them from a guy named wildwheel but he no longer makes them.... However you can get the sidemarkers from ebay and the fogs can be easily made if you just follow the instructions in this thread
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-lights-3.html

Originally Posted by deedubb
Nice man! It's about time

Whats the next mod on the to do list??
Few things... Im tinting out the 3rd brake light... Getting a shifter (finally) and taking off the front bumper and respraying it so I can get rid of that damn front plate

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
Brent, did you lower it yet? I can't tell from the pics.

hha j/k looks great man!
Thanks bro Looks 100% better in person too

Originally Posted by Lonewolf 1
Looking real good, b-man! I know you've been wanting to drop it for a while now. Same question as above....what's the next step for your ride? I bought y2k's old V, so there isn't much for me left to do...gonna re-spray the front grills, fix the caddy emblem, and detail it. Will post pics after detail....
Yeah his paint looked like it needed some tlc but a badass car and cant wait to see more pics of it clean! Did it come with both sets of rims too?

Originally Posted by V-loci-T
I had 275/40's on my car when I had those springs. Brentman's sits about 1/4" lower in the rear due to the added washer but I didnt encounter any rubbing with them even on hard bumps.
Yeah we basically used that washer to protect the rubber bushing directly below it and Prevented clunk. Also an added bonus when smashing that rubber piece in combination with removing the other rubber piece took alot of play out of the shock and when it was all done we did some driving that produced ZERO wheelhop .... I plan on doing the other homemade wheel hop mod also and I think the two together will totally eliminate it. But I can smoke the tires first through second with zero hop right now so that made me very happy.

Here is a pic of the spacer and the washer but never got a pic of it smashed down but just use your imagination

and chris noble smashing it down

and finally a few more pics for fun... For the record the rims always look darker and more reflective in person but they are just not photogenic for some reason LOL

Old 03-16-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

more info on this washer pls....Id like to go about 1/4 to a 1/3 of an inch lower all the way around....will this washer help me do? Im on eibachs with ww mod btw.

Whats the difference in drop between eibach and h&r?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
more info on this washer pls....Id like to go about 1/4 to a 1/3 of an inch lower all the way around....will this washer help me do? Im on eibachs with ww mod btw.

Whats the difference in drop between eibach and h&r?
Basically that washer underneath the spacer made it possible to crank that rubber bushing down so it comperssed around 1/4 inch more... so basically pulled the shock center up through the center. basically that washer on top of the rubber was made the exact width so we could tighten the bolt as tight as it would go. Pulling the center (black arrow) up higher and therefore making it sit a tad lower. And it seems that H&R sit a little lower than eibach anyway in the rear

Btw it eliminates the clunk also and this picture is not tightened down

basically the steel washer makes it possible to crank that nut down and compress theat rubber washer
and the derelin washers from WW's kit can not
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lowercts/8.jpg

Last edited by Brentman2007; 03-16-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i believe you will notice the shocks 'pump up' the back when driving.. maybe like it is in the last pic??

if not then you beat the system
Old 03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i believe you will notice the shocks 'pump up' the back when driving.. maybe like it is in the last pic??

if not then you beat the system
they do raise around 1/4 inch when i drive it but yeah the last pic is just after I parked it so it doesn't "pump up" very much at all. They are just tucked when it is sitting and after driving they are level with the fender

Quick Reply: H&R springs installed (pics)