Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V vs AMG 65

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redneckbmxer24
i love your maturity level. if i had to guess you probably have 10 years on my age, but act like your 10 years younger. and its obvious you really dont know jack **** about cars, just a MN nutswinger. if you pull his **** out of your mouth long enough you might learn something instead of just shaking your head because somebody called your boyfriend out.
So, what is it that you actually drive? 04 Cobra? I'm wondering cause I can't figure out why almost all your posts are in the V section...
Old 05-12-2009, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes at the moment the 04 cobra, and a 07 F250 PSD. im actually sitting here right now waiting to here when the buyer is coming by to get the cobra and finalize the deal, so i can go to the dealer and get the V that i left a deposit on.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes at the moment the 04 cobra, and a 07 F250 PSD. im actually sitting here right now waiting to here when the buyer is coming by to get the cobra and finalize the deal, so i can go to the dealer and get the V that i left a deposit on.
Good luck with your V, make sure you do not launch her, or else you will be trying to buy your Cobra back. You know Kenne Bell makes a kit for the LSx motor, seen them on a few C5s, you could be the first with a V.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

You getting the 1st gen V, or that new bad SOB V?

I wanted a V so damn bad...but I just couldn't deal with the rear end issue. I mean come one, I've already got 3 F-bodies and 2 still have 10 bolts...I don't need more drama!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

i knwo all about launching and wheelhop, had to deal with it in the cobra back in the day when it was stock. alot of money and a completely built car later wheelhop wasnt a issue thanks to IRS mods, level 5 halfshafts, and tall soft sidewall rear tires. the CTS-V is going to be a fun car, if i was looking for a flat out badass car that i could launch and beat the crap out of i wouldnt be getting a V and probably would jsut keep the cobra. im buying one because it fits exactly what i want, fun, pretty quick, luxurious, and 4 doors.

i originally planned on modding it quite a bit but im going to throw the shifter i bought for it in it, and probably a catback jsut because its too damn quite. if i do want more power than what the factory car offers then i will drop some cash in it, but i can tell you right now it wont be on a blower, im done with blowers. a friend gave me a LS6 block so you would probably see a pretty nasty 408 built and dropped in it with a big shot if anything. already have a line on a set of used trick flow heads, and a brand new 408 rotating assembly locally. after that would just need a cam, FAST 90/90 and all the ARP goodies, and i would be on my way to a 500+WHP NA "luxury sedan".

but as i said, im going to see how i like the stock power first.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
You getting the 1st gen V, or that new bad SOB V?
1st gen, put a deposit on a 05 stealth grey. the new jammer is a little more than i can spend right now, ive also learned my lesson about buying cars new. ill let somebody else buy it and take the loss then ill scoop it up a few years down the road when its worth half its sticker price.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

but as i said, im going to see how i like the stock power first.
Stock power is great, but I don't think you'll be happy with it. Not because it isn't fast, but because it doesn't feel fast. With the refinement of the Caddy comes the loss of the sensation of speed. I am currently dealing with a similar situation...
Old 05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

i love your maturity level. if i had to guess you probably have 10 years on my age, but act like your 10 years younger. and its obvious you really dont know jack **** about cars, just a MN nutswinger. if you pull his **** out of your mouth long enough you might learn something instead of just shaking your head because somebody called your boyfriend out.

Hahaha, Your funny! Its cool! While you dream about getting a V, I'll be driving mine! And once you actually get a chance to get a (high mileage broken down V for 30k cause your stupid) I'll be having a TT kit installed! And regardless of how much I know about the mechanics of the car I still am willing to learn!!! GO to college and make something of your self! And if you already went to college then BOY do you need to go back! So injoy your pointless search while I'm out spanking a "crapy magnum"

p.s. My F-ing question last night was simple! I wanted to know what RPM to launch at! I didnt need your stupid *** responce because it didnt answer my question! Again you may need to learn how to read!!!

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 05-12-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Hahaha, Your funny! Its cool! While you dream about getting a V, I'll be driving mine! And once you actually get a chance to get a (high mileage broken down V for 30k cause your stupid) I'll be having a TT kit installed! And regardless of how much I know about the mechanics of the car I still am willing to learn!!! GO to college and make sonmething of your self! and if you already went to college then BOY do you need to go back! So injoy your pointless search while I'm out spanking a "crapy magnum"

p.s. My F-ing question last night was simple! I wanted to know what RPM to launch at! I didnt need your stupid *** responce because it didnt answer my question! Again you may need to learn how to read!!!
As a general rule of thumb, if you're gonna call someone stupid in a post it's best to spell correctly, lest you look like uneducated yourself.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 05-12-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Incorrect "racer"
Old 05-12-2009, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

wow the way you talk i would think you drive a $300K lambo... you have a $20K CTS-V dude. i have over twice that in my cobra, 3 times that in my F250, and over 3 times that in the escalade. your acting like i cant afford to buy a V, i already dropped a $5k deposit on one.

have fun with a TT kit that you can only run a few pounds of boost on in fear of blowing the motor though, lol. stock LSX motors dont like alot of boost, and your just going to have even more lag by adding another turbo when a single 50 is all thats needed. a single 50 on that motor would provide more than enough air and pressure and even with a rear mount setup lag wouldnt be too terrible. but you'll be ohh so cool with your twins when your getting passed by NA cars.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

As a general rule of thumb, if you're gonna call someone stupid in a post it's best to spell correctly, lest you look like uneducated yourself.

Also, there are only 2 possibilities for how you stayed with a 65 for the first two gears. 1) He didn't know you were racing him until you hit 3rd or 2) He thought it was funny to give you a little hope before he actually got on it...
1. I didnt race the 65! You have me confused with someone else!

2. I may not spell good, but I still know how to read! and understand what people are trying to say as well as how to respond with an answer when they ask a "simple" question!

3. My work computer doesnt allow me to use spell check on this website!!!!
but since your so educated maybe you can "learn" me how
Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

1. I didnt race the 65! You have me confused with someone else!

2. I may not spell good, but I still know how to read! and understand what people are trying to say as well as how to respond with an answer when they ask a "simple" question!

3. My work computer doesnt allow me to use spell check on this website!!!!
but since your so educated maybe you can "learn" me how
1) Yes, sorry, bowtie was the op, not you. So, I retract that statement.

2) You don't spell WELL, and your grammar sucks as well. But hell...1 out of 3 skills isn't bad. Reading - check; spelling - well, um, no; grammar - no, but hey, you can read!

3) It would be you're so educated, not your so educated. That's important because I don't own anything called a "so educated", never even seen one for sale. And it's not that I'm so educated, just that I care and took the time to learn how to spell, instead of letting something that can only count to 1 do it for me. And, if I couldn't spell, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I wouldn't use print to call someone else stupid. That would be like Clinton giving a speech on the importance of honesty and integrity.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

wow the way you talk i would think you drive a $300K lambo... you have a $20K CTS-V dude. i have over twice that in my cobra, 3 times that in my F250, and over 3 times that in the escalade. your acting like i cant afford to buy a V, i already dropped a $5k deposit on one.

have fun with a TT kit that you can only run a few pounds of boost on in fear of blowing the motor though, lol. stock LSX motors dont like alot of boost, and your just going to have even more lag by adding another turbo when a single 50 is all thats needed. a single 50 on that motor would provide more than enough air and pressure and even with a rear mount setup lag wouldnt be too terrible. but you'll be ohh so cool with your twins when your getting passed by NA cars.
And once you actually get a chance to get a (high mileage broken down V for 30k cause your stupid)
Nope, I never said you couldnt afford it! just the opposite, I said your so stupid that you would over pay! Again this is a perfect example of how you need to learn to read and understand the meaning behind each word!

Good luck with that!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Teching In

2) You don't spell WELL, and your grammar sucks as well. But hell...1 out of 3 skills isn't bad. Reading - check; spelling - well, um, no; grammar - no, but hey, you can read!

3) It would be you're so educated, not your so educated. That's important because I don't own anything called a "so educated", never even seen one for sale. And it's not that I'm so educated, just that I care and took the time to learn how to spell, instead of letting something that can only count to 1 do it for me.
Hehe...
Old 05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

3) It would be you're so educated, not your so educated. That's important because I don't own anything called a "so educated", never even seen one for sale. And it's not that I'm so educated, just that I care and took the time to learn how to spell, instead of letting something that can only count to 1 do it for me. And, if I couldn't spell, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I wouldn't use print to call someone else stupid. That would be like Clinton giving a speech on the importance of honesty and integrity.

Wow, congrats! you learned how to spell!
well, I learned how to say "you" "are" a DICK!!!!

Spell check that you ***!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Wow, congrats! you learned how to spell!
well, I learned how to say "you" "are" a DICK!!!!

Spell check that you ***!
That was all spelled correctly, great work! Gold star for you! Although, your use of quotes leaves a little to be desired...but one task at a time!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

That was all spelled correctly, great work! Gold star for you! Although, your use of quotes leaves a little to be desired...but one task at a time!
WOOHOO for me!

I hope your gold stars being shipped for me overnight?! I want to put it on my fridge!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

WOOHOO for me!

I hope your gold stars being shipped for me overnight?! I want to put it on my fridge!!!
LOL, I like your attitude.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Nope, I never said you couldnt afford it! just the opposite, I said your so stupid that you would over pay! Again this is a perfect example of how you need to learn to read and understand the meaning behind each word!

Good luck with that!
what would make you think i would overpay for a car. im getting a 05 with a clean carfax still under warranty for another couple years with 39K miles for $19.5. thats less than you paid for yours with more miles aint it?

and while we are on the topic of being stupid, who was it that bought a V sight unseen with a fucked up CD changer....
Old 05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

what would make you think i would overpay for a car. im getting a 05 with a clean carfax still under warranty for another couple years with 39K miles for $19.5. thats less than you paid for yours with more miles aint it?

and while we are on the topic of being stupid, who was it that bought a V sight unseen with a fucked up CD changer....
Well, you did purchase 6 Fords on purpose, so I think it's only correct for him to question your judgment....lol....I keed, I keed.

Quick Reply: CTS-V vs AMG 65