Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where are you WAIT4ME????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your paypal address, ill buy all that stuff back for 3k. Ill keep them as spares for my personal stuff.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesse, PM sent and awaiting reply

Last edited by cbloveday; 12-23-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cbloveday
Jesse, PM sent and awaiting reply
CONFUSED NOW!!!

didn't want 2k, but now you take 3k?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Domsz06
CONFUSED NOW!!!

didn't want 2k, but now you take 3k?
What are you saying? I am confused now.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Dammit Now I am confused too.. LOL.

Merry Christmas ALL!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Curtis....I'm interested in the pistons.

Rich
Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DoingOK
Curtis....I'm interested in the pistons.

Rich

Rich,

Everything was sold this afternoon.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:58 PM
11 Second Club

wasn't 2k offered before, you said no, so now you take 3k? IDK... if your happy I'm happy. The parts will prob carry your curse to another car lol
Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Too much drama. I've known Jesse a long time, he has never been the type to purposely scam or do anything shady. Some of you need to realize that when you want to push records and be the fastest Cadillac on the interweb, **** is going to break. I see some of you putting 2x the boost into the LSA, spraying nitrous, adding meth, blah blah blah. Guess what? That engine wasn't intended to make that power, and that 4,000 lb car wasn't intended to run 9s. Without any issues, of course.

If you guys want to step up and play big boy racecar guy, expect to spend a lot and break a lot of ****. Why is this so hard to understand?

Jesse, my advice is to MAKE a profit, quit doing favors for everyone. You have a business, and there is no shame in making a profit. And, RUN from any customers wanting to set records and build the biggest baddest crap. I've been around this industry too long, that sort of project rarely ends in anything positive. Mostly grief, expenses, and headaches for you and the customer.

Tony
Old 12-28-2011, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

You must not have read the posts nineball. Both of my engines that he built and failed were his LSX motors.

I did them cause they were claimed to be "bulletproof" My LSA never failed me. Only his LSX motors.

Jesse blew my first LSX (built by him) motor up on his dyno.

The second motor he built never had nitrous shot through it or even taken to the track. The block failed.

I think I have a pretty good understanding of what happened and why the failures occurred.

Last edited by cbloveday; 12-28-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

What caused the failures? Did Jesse machine/build them himself, or did he have another shop assemble/machine them?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
What caused the failures? Did Jesse machine/build them himself, or did he have another shop assemble/machine them?
from what ive read is jesse sold him parts for his engine (pistons, injectors, ect) and then when the motor blew up and was torn apart by another shop different parts from what was payed for was in the motor. Also the block wasnt the correct "tall block"

i could be all wrong tho, i read all this stuff a few weeks ago.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:22 AM
10 Second Club

not sure why it matters, he still failed to properly inspect the block.

LSX Engine 1: Callies 1500 rod
LSX Engine 2: Hole in block (coolant in oil)

Jesse built both motors

LSX Engine 2: was machined and Jesse never disclosed where the block was purchased from. He said he did not machine the area that failed.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...get-shaft.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-got-4-a.html

Last edited by cbloveday; 12-29-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
from what ive read is jesse sold him parts for his engine (pistons, injectors, ect) and then when the motor blew up and was torn apart by another shop different parts from what was payed for was in the motor. Also the block wasnt the correct "tall block"

i could be all wrong tho, i read all this stuff a few weeks ago.

That is Incorrect. As in Not valid.

All parts i said where in each engine.

All parts where Exactly what i say they where.

Exact. I have the parts here and checked today, they are EXACTLY what i say the where.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

First failure was from a Rod letting go at the base of the rod itself. Callies said it was just a structual failure. The other option they gave was a Hydro lock event, which did not occur so it was a structual failure. The other rods are perfect, i still have them in the blow up box that has his other engine in it. When the engine failed, it didnt even ruin the piston that was in the hole. It just stopped at the top. The bearings in the engine where still perfect in all rods, and the mains...

This happened at 800hp and 899 ft of torque at the wheels at 4000ish rpm on a mustang dyno..

After using it for months with lots of nitrous, it failed on the dyno. It didnt even put a dent or mark in the head when it failed. It was a perfect rod failure. I was expecting massive carnage but it held up perfectly.. I chose to donate a whole second engine for free.

Second FREE engine developed a water leak in a pocket where gm cuts out the lsx engine block to make room for a wrench when you use 6bolt heads. Out of 130+ of the lsx engines we have personally installed, i have never seen a failure there. I WOULD NEVER nor would anyone else that is sane would ever cut on that area besides GM. Never.. It was not an issue of anything i did.

Horsepower was never checked after fixing what needed to be changed in order to bring his numbers back in line.

I build a replica of the exact build just to double check and to see what was the cause. Found the causes, fixed the causes, went out and ran a mid 9 second run and the rest was all the fun on the forums....
Old 12-30-2011, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wait4me
Found the causes, fixed the causes, went out and ran a mid 9 second run and the rest was all the fun on the forums....

When you say you ran a mid 9 second run are you referring to the phantom time slip that you always referred to but never posted ?

And what happened to your 1200 rwhp video that you bragged about and said you would post but never did ?

Do you think perhaps this might be a reason (to quote you) for the morons starting **** ?

As for your engine building reputation it has been sullied at best so why keep repeating the same thing over and over ?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Out of curiosity's sake, how many of you that are belittling Jesse's engine builds actually build your own engines?

I've been doing this a long time. I've blown up my share of LS engines, chasing records and trying to be the fastest on the interweb. Whenever you guys push the boundaries, don't be surprised to break stuff. If you can't afford to play, stay on the porch.

I enjoy relaxing on the porch nowadays, and actually having running vehicles.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

You never read the thread, did you?

I feel much better after reading your post.................NOT!

Last edited by cbloveday; 01-03-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by wait4me
Second FREE engine developed a water leak in a pocket where gm cuts out the lsx engine block to make room for a wrench when you use 6bolt heads. Out of 130+ of the lsx engines we have personally installed, i have never seen a failure there. I WOULD NEVER nor would anyone else that is sane would ever cut on that area besides GM. Never.. It was not an issue of anything i did.
Anybody with a brain can see where GM machined this block, and where somebody else did a ****-show job of attempting to machine it. A CNC machine will not randomly cut a goofy path, and the block isn't going to shift like that in the jig.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Simple, measure the cut, then measure one on the other one, you will find them being the exact same size. I already told you i did not do that. There was no need for me to touch that spot. Get over it.

Quick Reply: Where are you WAIT4ME????