Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where are you WAIT4ME????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012 | 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Either answer where the block from, or simply take full responsibility for it. Pretty simple concept here. If it were purchased used, just say so.
Old 01-04-2012 | 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wcryan
He's skipping around everything

As previously noted, he unfortunately seems confused.
Old 01-04-2012 | 09:07 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by GT racer
As previously noted, he unfortunately seems confused.
i really dont understand why he doesn't want to say where he got the block from or who the machine shop was that worked on it.
Old 01-04-2012 | 09:38 PM
Launching!

what difference does it make?
Old 01-04-2012 | 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ so another guy doesnt go to the same place and throw down 15K+ for a supposide "solid" build and get screwed in the end
Old 01-04-2012 | 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

The block was purchased NEW thru LME, Curtis already knew this as he had already called them before he even said the block was bad on the forums...

I dont feel like bringing other companies into this, so i never said the source. Big deal..

For those bringing up "problems" are you even looking at the DATES on those threads?? Come on 2008! lol Most are started from other companys that are direct competitors.. At first in those threads, they acted like customers, saying they recieved stuff from us, only later to be a full on supporter of either their own company or a Freinds company... The world works in patterns..
Old 01-04-2012 | 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wcryan
^ so another guy doesnt go to the same place and throw down 15K+ for a supposide "solid" build and get screwed in the end
Where are you getting this amount???? He already said he only paid less than 9k for what he had... 2 complete engines, 1 being free. Not 15k.. AND i even gave him back 3k for SOME parts that i got back, and he still kept callies rods, dragon slayer crank, lsx block, ect.... He still has a tvs2300 blower, which also is not bad.

Old 01-04-2012 | 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

After my father passed away and Orna metal and eagle machine shut down, all machine work on the blocks has been done thru lingenfelter or LME on the engine blocks as i no longer have the equipment to do it anymore myself.
Old 01-04-2012 | 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

I cant believe how giving stuff away for free to people has been such a pain in the ***.

Thanks Curtis for opening my eyes to how people can be dicks and ruin it for everyone else.
Old 01-04-2012 | 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wait4me
Where are you getting this amount???? He already said he only paid less than 9k for what he had... 2 complete engines, 1 being free. Not 15k.. AND i even gave him back 3k for SOME parts that i got back, and he still kept callies rods, dragon slayer crank, lsx block, ect.... He still has a tvs2300 blower, which also is not bad.

i'm just talking about an everday guy off that street that WOULD HAVE to pay that much..... someone asked "What difference does it make?", and if you are going to pay around 15K, which normally would be around the cost for that setup. It WOULD make a difference to someone. I'm not blaming anyone or throwing any names out, but its nice for someone to know of the quality of a shop, especially with work like that in the pictures
Old 01-04-2012 | 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

I had 4 days to get a whole motor with all parts organized to hit his week time limit he gave me to fix the car. Even having to drive 6 or so hours round trip personally just to pick up a cam so it would save a day.. Im only one guy.....

Im glad that he is giving the other guy a reasonable time frame to get things done. Hopefully it will work for him..

Inexperiance in the real engine world it is hard for anyone to explain that a set of pistons is not going to hold back an engine from making horsepower. "unless it changes compression"

Heads that i gave you curtis where from A guy in texas that ran them thru the CNC program at texas speed. Not sure why you are saying they where not prc heads...

I cant believe you would say different. Should i send the fn things to somewhere that knows just to prove this?? Same with the rocker arms, my god, why whould i lie about a 80 dollar part when i gave you the **** for free anyways????? lol
Lifters are EXACTLY what i said they where, pistons are EXACTLY the same i told you they where, I NEVER told you that the second set of pistons where gas ported. I ALREADY told you at the time that that would have added WEEKS to the piston build time as they would be custom instead of the ready ones i had. Gas ported isnt going to make a massive difference in horsepower sorry to say.. Gas porting does however reduce ring life.. Just so you know...

I kind of just thing you are more mad that you didnt find anything in the engine that wasnt what i said..

Funny thing is, If you would not have been a dick, i would have given you 6 bolt heads like i told you i would, which by the way flow less than the ls7 ported ones, so less hp potential.. And would have given you a replacement lsx block like i said...

ohh well....
Old 01-05-2012 | 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

LME & Texas Speed did not collaborate with your testimony. Yes I called them both.

Your statements are not truthful and misleading.

I posted facts, documents, and pictures, to collaborate my statements.

I'll let everyone else deal with it. I have wasted enough of my time with you.

Last edited by cbloveday; 01-05-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-05-2012 | 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not taking sides here, and I'm obviously not a moderator, but it seems like a lot of people are jumping on either boat (for or against Jesse) based on hear-say, without much or any previous experience with him.

This subforum is designed specifically for the CTS-V, and this thread has to do with an end-user and service provider issue, not the car itself.
Old 01-05-2012 | 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

The block was purchased NEW thru LME, Curtis already knew this as he had already called them before he even said the block was bad on the forums...

I dont feel like bringing other companies into this, so i never said the source. Big deal..

For those bringing up "problems" are you even looking at the DATES on those threads?? Come on 2008! lol Most are started from other companys that are direct competitors.. At first in those threads, they acted like customers, saying they recieved stuff from us, only later to be a full on supporter of either their own company or a Freinds company... The world works in patterns..
Why did both those places say they never sold you anything? Will one of there reps chime in here and say yes or no they have delt with you?

Mods could you point a person interested in their behalf to this thread? Would clear up a lot of questions as to who is right or wrong....

Just sayen....
Old 01-05-2012 | 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Texas speed heads where bought thru Don Hardy. I have bought 20+ sets of misc heads thru him this year. The ported ones i bought where either ported from prc AND thru west coast cly heads as per Don depending on the set..

As for lsx engine blocks, i have reciepts for those as well, not sure why they would say otherwise..

I have said no lies. I have yet to be proved otherwise..

Last edited by wait4me; 01-05-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2012 | 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Also not sure about prc not saying i purchased any heads from them this year, I am showing 10+ sets from that source just this year alone. l98 ls3 heads for non boosted cars.

Lingenfelter about 40 just this year.
Old 01-05-2012 | 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RADEoN
I'm not taking sides here, and I'm obviously not a moderator, but it seems like a lot of people are jumping on either boat (for or against Jesse) based on hear-say, without much or any previous experience with him.

This subforum is designed specifically for the CTS-V, and this thread has to do with an end-user and service provider issue, not the car itself.
No one knows the real story behind all this except for one main shop that is just out to make me look bad so they get customers... All the other people saying and spreading stuff are not even customers and are DIRECT friends of said company.. Except for Curtis, He was a customer. A very vocal one. They have been trying to turn him against me for 2 years, and have finally succeeded by filling his head with bull crap.. I Gave and would have given Curtis anything he asked for because i thought he was a nice guy. I gave him parts for 2 years, so no one can say that is a lie either. For him to say i wouldnt have given him anything is bull crap, as that would have never been the case..
Any time he needed something i jumped right on it to get it done for him. Hence me spending so much money on his car for nothing.

His inexperiance in the real world of engine building,companies,/fast cars made it hard for me to hit the time limits given as he didnt understand that things take time. And to get it into his head that no other shop is just going to donate the stuff like i did to him...

Engine tuning wise, i never even got to ever street tune his car or track tune it after any of his mods. Raining, to slippery, had to get home, ect... Dyno runs where also not very many as he had to get going home after the majority of time working on his car was actually doing the hard part components.. Tuning was always a quick last minute thing...

Also another thing that had pissed him off is when i ran a 9.6~ before he did.. If he would have just fixed the stuff i told him to fix he would have been the first one instead and i would not have even posted my times..

Times are for customers, not for pissing contests between shops.. That is the fun of the game for customers to be doing...
Old 01-05-2012 | 02:38 PM
On The Tree

No one knows the real story behind all this except for one main shop that is just out to make me look bad so they get customers... They have been trying to turn him against me for 2 years, and have finally succeeded by filling his head with bull crap..

Hey Jess, have you always been this paranoid or has it only been after you determined that it was all those "morons starting ****" ?

BTW, have you always been this good at playing your woe is me sympathy violin or is this a recently acquired talent because you really seem very well practiced ?
Old 01-05-2012 | 02:42 PM
Restricted User

Can't wait to see you face to face next month at the FL track meet. Im coming from san fran all the way there to see you lie more and say your car runs 9.6s and like always you dont have time slips/or videos. Im sure your car will run slower and you will make up a excuse and dont worry ill be there to counter your excuse with truth.
Old 01-05-2012 | 03:32 PM
Teching In

Curtis, why dont you get the guy that told you it is a "one single pass on that area" to get you a VIDEO OF THAT PROCESS BEING DONE while in the CNC machine. That should be a simple request for him... I would think it be IMPOSSIBLE for that to be done in one single pass. LOOK at how much metal they take off of the bolt face on the ledge and on the flat surface as well.. They are cutting that at the same time as the access area that failed. So, i can not see them doing that in one fast swipe. Ever watch how small material from a cnc head job is done??? A little at a time in small increments. If they HOGGED OUT THAT AREA in one swipe, the metal grooves from the tooling would be alot more ruff. That cut they do i would guess at 30 passes to complete.

Lack of personal knowledge on your end is makiing all this stuff pretty dumb.. Why not call a LOCAL cnc facility and ask what happens to things sometimes.. CNC machines are computer run, A simple power failure, and them restarting without resetup or the system crashing, or the block moving out of the fixture, or a gm employee in a bad mood..........
GM's machining was a single path, look at the tool marks. Meaning they machined area is the width of the tool. The additional tool paths from the original cut were done with a smaller end mill again look at the tool marks.

If a power failure were to happen and 0 was lost only ONE pocket would have been effected. Any machinist would not program a tool path to partially cut the pocket on ALL locations and go back for to the first location and cleanup and then to the next.

Also cast iron can be machined at a feed rate of 70-100 feet per minute.

Anyone that has run a CNC, or programmed a CNC (wether by straight G-code or asigned tool paths in MasterCam, Solidworks or other would know this) and I have done both.

Not buying it that this is what happen.

Quick Reply: Where are you WAIT4ME????