Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Got rear-ended this morning

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got rear-ended this morning

It was all rainy down here this morning and I swear people don't pay enough attention. I was turning into a residence when I got hit by a guy going 10-20 or so. The V is going to need a new rear bumper at the very least. I can see a couple of gaps aren't quite correct anymore. My left borla muffler is pointing towards the ground......like stright towards the ground.

My neck is a little sore/stiff already. It'll probably get worse over the course of the day.

So the good news is the guy had insurance. Since I'll probably be getting reimbursed for the borla system I get to repurchase my cat-back. Are there any thoughts on Borla vs. Corsa vs. Magnaflow. I really enjoyed the sound of the car with the Borla on it, but I've had good experiences with magnaflow in the past and 0 experiences with corsa exhaust systems. Car has dual cutouts so when I need it to sound meaner that is never an issue. It actually still sounds good, but the whole "muffler pointing at the ground" thing sorta kills it.

Mods: Maggie, Kooks, cam, cutouts
Old 11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear about it. I don't have much input on the exhaust except I like my Borla as well. But, I do have some suggestions:

1. With any pain WHAT SO EVER go to a doctor. With him having insurance, with you having insurance, do not mess around. I had pain after I got rear ended by a guy going 45mph (I was at a dead stop in my tahoe) and I did not go to the doctor. My back pain now (5 years later) is very likely associated with this incident and I regret not having it taken care of from the start.

2. Having lived in Austin and my parents living in Austin I can suggest a VERY good body shop. My father has taken my mother's BMW 530i (which he seems to keep getting hit in) to Berli's Body & Fine Auto Finishes a few times and will not go anywhere else. Not only do they do very good work but the work is under warranty by them. My dad just last week took the BMW back b/c he noticed a very fine stress crack, and not only did they re-do the work, but they fixed the trunk where my mom backed into a garbage bin free of charge for the trouble.

Reviews: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Their site: http://www.berlisbody.com/

Hope this helps and sorry to hear about your misfortune

Graham
Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry for the accident, but all can be fixed.
Your neck hurts so go see a doctor today, as here is my nightmare. I live in South FL, land of the endless suit-happy buttwipes. On the way to work at 8:00 AM on a busy commuter route, I was the front car in a five-car pileup, and did not request medical attention at the scene, nor did I go to the doctor that day. My failure to do so was part of the reason I was served with four lawsuits two weeks later, the contention being that I caused the accident on purpose by stopping for no reason, thus I had no injuries as I braced myself for the crash I was purposely creating. Well, then I decided to go see the chiropractor and the lawyer. Countersued all four, three paid me as attorney sent them my med bills, one went to court and tried to sue me, but they lost.
So, even though you were not in the wrong, go to the doc, as you still may get sued.

Also, need to see some pics of the downward tip, you could start a trend.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sucks to hear but they had ins so at least youll get it fixed...

chop borlas off, sell them to me... or, get new tips welded in, and pocket the replacement money .

is the whole muffler jacked up on that one side?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Bummer about the wreck.

Here's one video that I saved in my favs that compared exhausts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OIlScbbOic
Old 11-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cadzilla

chop borlas off, sell them to me... or, get new tips welded in, and pocket the replacement money .

is the whole muffler jacked up on that one side?

Not sure what the status of the muffler is, but doesn't appear to be damaged other than the tilt. There aren't any leaks that i can tell, but it's definitely not supposed to be oriented that way. Previous owner welded the rear joint on the borlas so they might need to be cut off. Pics to follow soon.

Already have an appointment on the books with Berli's. If you're in the Austin car scene for any amount of time, you know about them.

Also probably hit up a Dr. tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Good thing you're okay (hopefully). Good luck at the doc's.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man!!! Im the king of getting hit by stupid asses... A stupid *** rear ended me on Fathers day causing $7500.00 in damage! Then about a month ago a stupid *** ran a red light and nailed me again! Caused $10,882.00 in front end damage...
Old 12-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Launching!

The damage estimate came in at $5200 from Berlis. Had most of the staff come back to the rack they put the car up on to take a look. The most common comment was, "I've never heard a caddy sound like that!"

Claim has been filed. We'll see what happens.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

feel your pain i got rearended the other day i hate stupid people LOL
Old 12-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Here's one opinion for you. I have a Magnaflow on my 05 CTS-V. I think it is just fine although I do get a little drone at slow speed cruising. If they wouldn't have been so expensive I probably would've went with a Borla as I have one on my Camaro and love it. Also, Borla's customer service is awesome in my experience. I called for help one time and Steve Borla answered my call and took care of my issue personally.

On the other hand, I have heard the Corsa on my friends 05 CTS-V and from the outside I think the Corsa sounds a bit better than the Magnaflow. Don't know what it sounds like cruising around town though.

I think with all three you are in good shape. If the Borla is salvagable I would just call Borla and ask for replacement parts and pocket the rest of the money for something else.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Take the money that a new catback would be and go my route and pocket the rest
Old 01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Update: The insurance company finally made a liability decision in my favor after a month of stalling. Car goes into the shop this week and I will have a diminished value report in the next two weeks.

I'm going to stick with the borla system and have them replace it. Will probably keep the old stuff and try to fix it or something.

Still hurting a little bit every now and then.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexVette
Still hurting a little bit every now and then.
Keep going to the Doc until you are certain no lawsuits will show up at your house. Make sure your Insurance Companies pays the medical bills, as it is not your responsibility to ensure payment, eventually your company will get the money from the other driver's insurance company.
Glad the car is being worked on, sometimes events like these, although bothersome, create a greater bond between the owner and the car.
Hope all goes well with the repairs.

Quick Reply: Got rear-ended this morning