Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2009 cts-v VS camaro 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rand49er
Show off! EDIT: I just realized, that picture was taken in my driveway!!!
Yeah Randy, I never did take any better pics of it. And now it has been in hibernation since the end of October. I'm gonna have to learn the the controls all over again.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rand49er
Gotta say, I'm not really smitten with the new Camaro's looks. Eye-catching, yes ... eye-pleasing, no.
I'm not a big fan of the new Camaro either. I wish GM didn't totally pull the plug on Pontiac or would re-badge the TA and take it into production (as long as it's like the one below). This company is in the process of taking the Camaro and making custom TA body, engine and interior kits in the vision that a TA designer, Kevin Morgan, had. I'd be all over this car if it was in production (click the phots link):

http://www.transamdepot.com/phoenix-trans-am.cfm

EDIT: Here's the HotRod Mag article on their efforts: http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl..._am/index.html

As for the choice between a Camaro or V2, are you kidding me? That's a no brainer if there ever was one!

Last edited by egypt123; 01-27-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a joke? V all the way...
Old 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by egypt123
I'm not a big fan of the new Camaro either. I wish GM didn't totally pull the plug on Pontiac or would re-badge the TA and take it into production (as long as it's like the one below). This company is in the process of taking the Camaro and making custom TA body, engine and interior kits in the vision that a TA designer, Kevin Morgan, had. I'd be all over this car if it was in production (click the phots link):

http://www.transamdepot.com/phoenix-trans-am.cfm

EDIT: Here's the HotRod Mag article on their efforts: http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl..._am/index.html

As for the choice between a Camaro or V2, are you kidding me? That's a no brainer if there ever was one!
ur right...that TA is BAAADDDDDDASSSS!!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Launching!

I love the looks of the new camaro and I love f-bodies, but this is not a good comparo. I would take the 50K and have one hell of a Camaro but if you're not into modding then the Caddie is it.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2manycars
I love the looks of the new camaro and I love f-bodies, but this is not a good comparo. I would take the 50K and have one hell of a Camaro but if you're not into modding then the Caddie is it.
I'm thinking like you, if 4-doors are not needed, get the SS and mod it. With a few suspension upgrades and a power adder you will equal, if not surpass a V2's. If there is a spread of $30K between these two cars, is there, son't think its fair to compare stock vs. stock. If you do not need a backseat, look at a C6, as you may like it more than the other two.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Id get the camaro cause it was in transformers.

JK V all the way, in fact the V2 is my current dream car.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

I have always been a Camaro fan (f-bodies in general), but for some reason I am just not feeling the 5th Gen as much as I thought I would. It is still a sweet car that performs well in stock form, but here is the caveat:

A better comparison would be between the 1st Gen CTS-V and the new Camaro. If you look at the performance numbers (with the exception of the 1/4-mile drag times), they are pretty damn close. Also, the 1st Gen V ran the Nurburgring in the same time as the new Camaro. That is a 5-year-old car that has almost identical performance figures to a 2010 model, pretty crazy if you ask me. Even though the V was significantly more $$$ to start off than the new Camaro is, the numbers show how amazing of a car the 1st Gen V was, then and now.

Sorry about the sidebar here, but my point is that the Camaro is really no comparison to the 2nd Gen V in terms of power and the cool factor.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Launching!

You can thank the Sigma platform for allowing the V to be a better natural handler than the Camaro...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

I would take the 50
K and have one hell of a Camaro but if you're not into modding then the Caddie is it.
I've heard that the V2 is very easy to mod... I would go the 3rd route and by the V2 used and mod the hell out of it... well maybe not the hell out of it as low 11s would be good for me...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Lol, crazy cell phone made my last post look crazy! My bad...
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

swap the pulley on the V2 and 20k of mods on that camaro will still have problems with the V.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you want a big *** boat thats underpowered or a nice 4 door sedan that will rip even a ls3 vette a new one?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

The new Camaro with $20K mods will annilihate the V2 and the LS3 C6:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/2010-cama...e-suprise.html
Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 PM
ls2
Staging Lane

tnx guyz for the coments
what is the cts-v 09 level?in racing
what motors with its level it can beat
?
c6 ls3 stock vs 09 cts-v stock auto who wins?
c6 ls3 bolt ons vs 09 cts-v stock auto who wins?
pulleyed cts-v 09 auto tranny vs stock c6 zo6 who win?
Old 02-06-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls2
tnx guyz for the coments
what is the cts-v 09 level?in racing
what motors with its level it can beat
?
c6 ls3 stock vs 09 cts-v stock auto who wins?
c6 ls3 bolt ons vs 09 cts-v stock auto who wins?
pulleyed cts-v 09 auto tranny vs stock c6 zo6 who win?
Umm.... I would like to know the answer to this too! But since I'm at at work and on my cell ill have to wait until I get home and look up the answers my self...

Just an fyi LS2.. everything that you just asked can be found on these 3 websites listed below.

www.dragtimes.com
www.Zeroto60times.com
www.Youtube.com

Oh ya.... and onebadcad is a human search engine too.... lol @ onebad
Old 02-07-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls2
actualy im looking for the power and something that looks good
Camaro has plenty of power and looks good. One of the real "value adds" to the V is the Sigma platform. Sigma uses a "4-wheel independent design that utilizes a short/long arm, coil-over strut with anti-sway bar in front, and an independent, modified multi-link with anti-sway bar in the rear while Zeta (Camaro) I believe, uses a "Fully independent multi-link rear suspension with progressive-rate springs and matched damper calibration and MacPherson strut front susension with progressive-rate coil springs, gas-pressure dampers and anti-roll bar". Zeta is still the best platform a Camaro ever had.
The V has all aluminum suspension components and uses more ultra high strength materials than any other platform in the GM system. It has almost equally balanced weight distribution. It features the Magnetic Ride Control. The frame is exclusive to Cadillac and is the most expensive to build. The interior design and materials are higher quality. If this is the kind of features on car you have absolutlely no clue or appreciation for, buy the Camaro, save a lot of money and spend a lot of time tooling around doing burnouts and looking cool and there is nothing wrong with that if that's your thing.

Quick Reply: 2009 cts-v VS camaro 2010