Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hawk HPS or HP+ for DD

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Hawk HPS or HP+ for DD

Just as the title says, just ordered h&r springs and B&M shifter and have a Hendrix axle kit that i need to install so i figure while the car is on the lift with the wheels and stuff off i should throw some better pads on it. I have the Hawk Pro ceramic on the front and they are nothing but crap, i figured they would at least match OEM and have a little less dust but they are a lot less dust with half the stopping power. The car gets daily driven so what do you guys think?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HPS. The HP+ squeal like crazy and sound like a school bus every time you stop at a red light. The HPS will stop more then well enough for street driving and dust much less then the stock pads.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks for the info, decided against headers since im still on stock clutch and havent even done the nitrous yet, dont wanna go all in at once cuz then i wont have anything else to do besides heads/cam.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SkullV
HPS. The HP+ squeal like crazy and sound like a school bus every time you stop at a red light. The HPS will stop more then well enough for street driving and dust much less then the stock pads.
That's true but I also read that the HPS are no better or slightly worse than the stock Ferrodo pad performance wise. They may be cheaper though. I wouldn't consider the HPS an upgrade but maybe a good alternative to stock.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the HPS pads and have no complaints. Quiet as a mouse, slightly less dusting than the stock pads, maybe slightly less stopping power than stock, but still very adequate for a DD
Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

all depends on how you drive your dd.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im running HPS's... they stop better then my brand new tires can (245 eagle f1's up front and 275 Invos in the back). Plus they are super quiet and have little dust... Not sure whatelse you can ask for.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Had the HPS with UUC Slots, car stopped hard enough to defeat the ABS at 60+ mph. Little noise at all and the dust was a 1/10th of the stockers I had on the back.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

had hps all corners, i liked it... just put hp+ in the front and couldnt be happier! not worried about the dust, and my hp+ make zero noise... i was worried about the noise from reading reviews... but i have none, must be lucky!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SoJersey05V
had hps all corners, i liked it... just put hp+ in the front and couldnt be happier! not worried about the dust, and my hp+ make zero noise... i was worried about the noise from reading reviews... but i have none, must be lucky!
I didn't have any noise either until I tracked the car with the HP+s on the front. Now my car also sounds like a school bus coming to a stop sign. Whatever I did, I beat the brakes up enough to be really loud now.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tweeter81
I didn't have any noise either until I tracked the car with the HP+s on the front. Now my car also sounds like a school bus coming to a stop sign. Whatever I did, I beat the brakes up enough to be really loud now.
Mine were the same way, I ran them on the way to a track day and they were quiet until after the first track session. I run Carbotech XP16 on the front now for road courses and HP+ for autocross.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SkullV
Mine were the same way, I ran them on the way to a track day and they were quiet until after the first track session. I run Carbotech XP16 on the front now for road courses and HP+ for autocross.
I got some Carbotechs from another forum member (the other forum) and I will be exclusively running those on the track from now on.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The OEM pads dust quite a bit, so I'm not expecting a surprise with the HP+ pads. Ferodo makes a great pad. I would consider trying their 2500 series pads for the car, but the price is a fair amount more than the Hawks. Cobalt and Carbotech pads are also phenominal. If I needed a track only pad I'd go with either Cobalt or Carbotech. For your street app, call Luke and get a price on OEM replacements, then decide from there.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tweeter81
I got some Carbotechs from another forum member (the other forum) and I will be exclusively running those on the track from now on.
I heard you have to run Carbotechs on virgin rotors. Is that true?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lubelizard
The OEM pads dust quite a bit, so I'm not expecting a surprise with the HP+ pads. Ferodo makes a great pad. I would consider trying their 2500 series pads for the car, but the price is a fair amount more than the Hawks. Cobalt and Carbotech pads are also phenominal. If I needed a track only pad I'd go with either Cobalt or Carbotech. For your street app, call Luke and get a price on OEM replacements, then decide from there.
thanks, i have to call tomorrow to order endlinks and shifter bushings anyways so ill ask him, i was much happier with the stockers then the hawk ceramic pro's
Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
I heard you have to run Carbotechs on virgin rotors. Is that true?
*****...I guess I don't know. I was just going to run my original stock Brembo blanks (with about 30,000 miles on them, but they look like they have a ton of life left in them) with the Carbotechs, but I guess I need to do some more research to see if that is possible. Maybe I will have to get the stockers turned before pairing with the Carbotechs...

Quick Reply: Hawk HPS or HP+ for DD