Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cadillac Haters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cadillac Haters?

I bought my car a little over two weeks ago and it's interesting how differently people have treated me since. The Boss at work has become even more of a dick then ever, almost immediatley after I bought it. Apart from my Mom, Dad and brother, the rest of my family showed little to no interest at all and ask me what am I doing with 4 cars now. And why don't I sell at least one of them. Like it's any of thier business anyway.. They wouldn't even go outside to look at it.

Then yesterday two guys came down from another branch of the company I work for and asked a co-worker of mine who's Caddy was parked outside and after he told them it was mine, they both shot me dirty looks while they were leaving. Then they came in today and they both tried staring me down again...WTF..

In the meantime, my left front shock/strut just started making noise today, my driveline is a bit nosier and "clunkier" than I'd like it to be and my stereo on occasion, completely boots XM off it's "BAND" selection(?). So I call the only remaining Caddy delearship in the area to schedule an appointment for ASAP. At first the guy on the other end of the phone was nice, but as soon as he found out what it was I had, his tone totally changed and he became arrogant and almost rude to me. Especially when I told him I won't be able to bring it in tomorrow until after work at 3:30 and I would have to leave it and I would also need a rental. If I had at least one other dealer around here to take it to, I would've hung up on him. It was that bad.

Anybody else have this problem besides me?..

On a positive note, the stuck-up-kinda-cute-but-married bank teller that has always been snooty towards me has been wayy nicer than she ever has been since I bought this thing.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an 05 CTS-V and I have a lot of people who think that it's pretty cool. I don't really want to use the word "envious," because they probably think that the car was more than I paid. In the 18-25K range for a used CTSV in comparisson to a new car, it's a very attainable car. I chose my used CTSV over a new Honda as a daily driver. I don't think that I have any "haters" so far among my friends. I do have a lot of people on the road take a 2nd look at my car. It has Corsa aftermarket X-pipe/Mufflers, and you can notice it when I shift...so it's an attention getter.

In regards to your shock, let me know what happens with the dealership. I bought two shocks with intention to replace them. The dealership replaced one under warranty, and I supplied the 2nd one to the factory. I wanted them changed in pairs. If you need a 2nd one for whatever reason, let me know. I got it for 85$ + shipping from GMPartsdirect, and have no use for the 2nd one at this time.

-Chris
Old 02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like everyone is giving you crap because you have 4 cars, not because one of them is a cadillac.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Thats an impersive lot of cars you got! People started acting wierd towards me too but I just dont give a **** about them.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GulfM3
sounds like everyone is giving you crap because you have 4 cars, not because one of them is a cadillac.
X2 I dont see people being too envious over a $25K car, its not like a bently or anything. Every person that has seen or talked to me about mine had thought it was a pretty sweet car.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1bad2k
X2 I dont see people being too envious over a $25K car, its not like a bently or anything. Every person that has seen or talked to me about mine had thought it was a pretty sweet car.
True, with that being said your average person on the street does not know you can buy a CTS-V for $17k.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whisler151
True, with that being said your average person on the street does not know you can buy a CTS-V for $17k.
very true, people shoot me looks all the time like, DAMMMM or SOB and i just look back and smile
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

True, and the average person on the street just saw a regular CTS 10 minutes ago while driving and thinks yours is the same thing.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

People thought I paid a bundle for my used 07 V. That, and they can't believe it has a 6 speed manual transmission. "A Cadillac with a manual trans, never...."
Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lubelizard
People thought I paid a bundle for my used 07 V. That, and they can't believe it has a 6 speed manual transmission. "A Cadillac with a manual trans, never...."
Exactly the same response I get. And it really isn't as unaffordable as people think when you go slightly less than new.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

I always get the why would you want to race your cadi? Its a cadi!!! I dont mind because I get more positive responses then negative... It aint your pappies cadi son!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Since I bought my car over the summer and my wife's 06 SRX a few months ago, people oooo and ahhhh that we have 2 Caddies. Mine was a little over $20k and hers was under $20k....not exactly big money.

More people can't believe all the rumble is coming from a Cadillac. If I go to the gas station and leave the windows down, almost everytime someone comes up to me and says "is that a stick in that caddie?". I tell them a little about the car and they just can't believe it. Nobody has really heard of this car. I've never seen another V in my town. I've heard of one other though. I met up with a few at the track last year that were from New Orleans area.

EDIT: Plus everyone thinks its a brand new car. LOL
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Launching!

I get the occasional, "Yeah, but it's an old person's car." WTF? Just cause it's a cadillac? I don't know very many 'old person's' cars that move like a V. Haters.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lubelizard
That, and they can't believe it has a 6 speed manual transmission. "A Cadillac with a manual trans, never...."

exactly!!! i had people argue with me about it being a manual. they said there was no way it was a manual. cadillacs don't come manual. i tell them i have one in the garage and they still continue to disagree.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Had some older fellow in a Crossfire with rims and exhaust try and race me tonight. I didnt even get in it all the way and walked him. Next traffic light he pulls up and asks what I have done. I said nothing performance wise. His jaw hit the floor. HAHA
Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I always get the why would you want to race your cadi? Its a cadi!!! I dont mind because I get more positive responses then negative... It aint your pappies cadi son!!!
haha I always get the same thing.

Thill they see and hear the car and say WOW....
Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A cadillac will pretty much always be viewed as a high dollar car. People dont care if its 5 years old and that you paid half what it cost new....its still a cadillac in thre eyes. I get way way way more positive comments then negative. i actually havent had any negative, i rag on the car myself.....i tell people that ask about it its just a cadillac how fast could it be?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i love the car regardless. the only thing i would even ever consider getting rid of it for would be a c6 z06. this is the coolest car ive ever owned hands down!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i've had multiple stare downs, but they're normally followed with a smile and a thumbs up.

even came from a cobra guy once.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a cobra guy stare me down one day, as I was easily walking past him through 2nd and 3rd gear. Started 2 lengths behind him and by the end of 3rd my rear bumper was in front of his front bumper. He was not very happy.

Quick Reply: Cadillac Haters?