Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Buget Ballin

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im 24. My buddy that just bought one is 22. Another local guy i know with a V is 26 and then i know a couple 30+ guys with them. Regardless... they are far from an old mans ride.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im 28. all the old guys have v2's
Old 04-29-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

31 years old here.. but I look like I am in my mid 20s..
Old 04-30-2010, 07:13 AM
TECH Regular

Im 28 and on my third V
Old 04-30-2010, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

With the prices so low on these cars it attracts the 20 somethings. It wasn't like that several years ago. I was the youngest at all the meets in 2007. Now I feel old (28) at meets.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Teching In

See I feel like for sure I am the youngest in a 30 mile radius, who even owns a caddy lol. In my small @ss town the cops all stare and the hookers all want rides. But I’m glad that I’m not the youngest owner At 26. These cars have become very affordable that is why I bought it. It was a toss up between
a E55 AMG, S4 Audi, R32 VW, E36 M3, E36 M5, E46 M3 and Jeep SRT8. I test drove them all, I really liked a few of them but the Caddy was the best for my uses. I'M AM NOT SAYING THE BEST FOR EVERYONE BUT THE BEST FOR ME. I don't want to start a Pissing contest, with the other cars I mentioned.
I try to respect each car for what it is. But Cadillac is really trying to become a young persons car look at the CTS Coupe.
When I used to go to Nissan meets I was one of the oldest, with a bunch of ricers who where younger and looked to the older guys for help. Now I am one of the youngest in a group that is very supportive and knowledgeable. There is a lot for us young bucks to learn before all the veterans get rid of the V1's and Buy V2's lol.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

not too shabby.

pedo, lol.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
Im 28 and on my third V
Whatever you say, Mr. Magoo...
Old 04-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
im 28. all the old guys have v2's
And V1s...
Old 05-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Teching In

This is a primer for things to come. Hopefully I will get some pics up when it's done on Saturday. Just A little hint lots of CARBON, Yellow coming Orange going, X pipe and maybe a new wheel color. The good thing about spray-paint I can change my wheel color whenever im in the mood lol.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ I got you beat, im 21 lol. And within your mentioned 30 mile radius.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

30 here and I agree....just being in a Caddy, all the local cops think I'm slingin and all the mom's on my daughter's softball team think I'm a big baller...hell of it is my payments are $29 a month less than they were on my Tacoma and my insurance is only $112 a month compared to $189 on the truck...either way it's still ballin to me,bahahaaaa
Old 05-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Teching In

So as I said I was going to go ballin out of control this weekend. Here are the specs and what went on. Carbon roof vinyl 48”X60”- Sheet from Metro auto restyling $120 bux shipped, Total time in the roof 3 hours. Pulled both rain channel rails, so we could tuck the vinyl and hide the edge. They are held in with double stick tape just an FYI. With the left over vinyl I had enough for the gas door, both front side markers and the grill surround. Oh yeah and my IPhone.

Yellow and cleared fogs - 3000K 35W HID's $65, and Silver Star 3157 turns. Clearing the fogs took about 45 mins a side and then two coats of yellow stained glass spray, $11 bux a can and way easier then laminX. Then I used a little clear to help keep the finish looking good.

The last shot is my smoked tails - VHT Night shades 13 bux a can. The hardest part of this is all the wet sanding and clear coating to get them to shine when you are done.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good man. i ran into a guy who had his roof done in the same material and it looked and felt good. i might pick some up and do various parts of my interior with it. the area around the navi is just ugly/dull and could use some of that.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've looked at these pics for a while. I actually like the roof. I think it looks good. The yellow fogs/DRL aren't bad either. I'm just not a fan of the windshield stickers or the gas cap cover.

With that being said, enjoy your car. You didn't ask me to critique it.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
looks good man. i ran into a guy who had his roof done in the same material and it looked and felt good. i might pick some up and do various parts of my interior with it. the area around the navi is just ugly/dull and could use some of that.
Thank you and If you are doing tight curves that are on inside parts. Use another product called Di Noc by 3M. It is only to be used on things that are not in the weather. It will be way easier to work with compaired to the stuff I used on the roof.

Originally Posted by whisler151
I've looked at these pics for a while. I actually like the roof. I think it looks good. The yellow fogs/DRL aren't bad either. I'm just not a fan of the windshield stickers or the gas cap cover.

With that being said, enjoy your car. You didn't ask me to critique it.
Lol thank you, I take all critique as good critique. I was a little in the air about the gas door but decided if I didnt like it I would just pull it off.

Also I ditched my resonator in favor of an X pipe yay.
None of this would have been done if it wasnt for the Help of my WIFE, Tom and Christina they are from LS1 Gto. Thank you to them as well
Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry, but I can't play. Looks like you slapped down a bunch of duct tape to your roof, the eyelids on the headlights don't match or even make sense, and the yellow fogs don't fit the car either. I think you're headed down the rice aisle too quickly...
Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

camaroholic.... tell him how you really feel.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol thats funny ^^^^

also not a huge fan of the yellow fogs or gas tank cover(reminds me of the ricey looking mustang billet covers)

but fromt he pics the roof looks pretty sick. cant wait to see it in person this weekend down OC.

oh and BTW if you dont wanna spend an unnecessary $60 bucks, put that front plate on before OC or they will get you before you even make it to coastal highway guaranteed, OCPD favorite ticket to write.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Sorry, but I can't play. Looks like you slapped down a bunch of duct tape to your roof, the eyelids on the headlights don't match or even make sense, and the yellow fogs don't fit the car either. I think you're headed down the rice aisle too quickly...
Thats what they make chocolate and vanilla for. It was all about beeing on a budget. If you look at 90% of Touring cars you will find carbon roofs and yellow fogs. Just sticking up for myself here, but dont you go to chruch every sunday? Hence the reason you want to know if a hard gutair case will fit in the trunk, because your children are in the back seat? What are you teaching your children if your bashing someone you dont even know on a internet forum? I dont do mods expecting everyone will like them, I do them because I like them. That is what makes me uniuqe.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
lol thats funny ^^^^

also not a huge fan of the yellow fogs or gas tank cover(reminds me of the ricey looking mustang billet covers)

but fromt he pics the roof looks pretty sick. cant wait to see it in person this weekend down OC.
oh and BTW if you dont wanna spend an unnecessary $60 bucks, put that front plate on before OC or they will get you before you even make it to coastal highway guaranteed, OCPD favorite ticket to write.

Yes I cant wait four days left. I am going to mount my tag SideWay in teh hood so eveyone will be like D@MN. I dont feel like mounting it until the last minute. Tags and burnout tickets are probally number one a two for one week a year lol.

Quick Reply: Buget Ballin