Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Jet-Hot Coated CTSV Header Sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpy8b
The best price is to buy them direct. I got coated pacesetters with connection pipes, hardware, gaskets, and 02 sensors coming for under $500shipped.

All this 7/8 is better than 3/4 is kinda funny. Yes you may gain a few extra ponies- at double the price. Everyone keeps saying high hp guys should go for the larger headers but another member on here did a back to back 3/4 vs 7/8 dyno comparison on if I remember correctly a 600rwhp built big block. The difference was approx 10 hp. Not worth the $ IMHO.

Now if you've already decided to spend the money on KOOK's and are deciding between 3/4 and 7/8ths, then there is no question in my mind- 7/8 all the way.
your not just paying for the power with kooks, its STAINLESS STEEL. its something youll never have to worry about especially being from texas. Mild steel will weaken over time and especially when you pushing that much air with a blower youll want the best you can get. Its up to you, if you dont wanna spend the money go with pacesetter(im not one to judge those on a budget) but take into account if next year soemthing happens, your out the money paying a shop to pull and reinstall since your not doing it yourself.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great peeps! Thanks for the comments. I'm going with plan A, then. Kooks, here we go!

Quick Reply: Jet-Hot Coated CTSV Header Sale!!!