Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fidanza 6.5 twin disk review.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 6.5 twin went south at Road America on a $500 weekend track day event. It lasted 35 minutes. Started slipping in high gear which can be dangerous on a road course. Had less than 3K on the kit. I now have an Exedy twin. I had good luck with the return. Full refund. I'm surprised to hear that the 7.6 is having issues. In the V community, no 7.6s had failed as far as I know. The 6.5 was Kevlar which couldn't hold up to the heat.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Mine doesn't seem to be slipping, but the pickup isn't as smooth as it used to be. If I try to leave the line quickly at all (I'm not talking a clutch drop, just trying to get out into a gap in traffic or something like that) I get a squawk for a second. I think I need to do what BBB did - get the refund and try something else.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle8.1
Well here's another failure story...

My Fidanza 6.5 Twin Disk lasted about 5000 miles before it started slipping too in my 1998 Z28 with a 504rwhp/477rwtq LS3 in it. (clutch is advertised to handle 600 flywheel torque) As everyone said above, i loved it while it lasted.

I contacted Fidanza and bought a 7.6 rebuild kit from them (the difference is the 7.6 disks are more aggressive than in a 6.5 kit - direct swap). It took 9 weeks for them to reluctantly send it to me after i paid for it. Once i received it i was surprised how few parts were in the kit - which I later realized is because they didn't include some of the rear friction surfaces (closest to the pressure plate). I contacted Fidanza again and they asked me to send everything in to them - the whole clutch assembly with flywheel - they said they will look at it and send me a new 7.6 twin disk kit with flywheel. That was 16 weeks ago... I still have nothing and they aren't returning my calls or emails.

Like you guys I've spoken with Jeffrey Jenkins (now the president). He's promised to return calls and hasn't. He's told me they'll come up with a solution and hasn't. Same story as what you guys are seeing. I gave Jeffrey an ultimatum last week that they needed to supply the parts within a week or I was going take legal action. No response. So... I'm going to take legal action this week.

For anyone out there thinking about buying a Fidanza clutch, don't! These guys don't stand behind their product.
Bummer man, good luck . I hounded fidanza and the dealer I purchased the kit from for weeks. I ended up getting 85% of my money back. Sometimes credit card companies will be on your side depending on the time frame.

Seems like everyone that purchased a fidanza kit when I did has had a failure.
At first alot of people were questioning my install and my driving.
I think I just beat my car alittle harder then most, so it took alittle longer for the others to break.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might have a mcleod RST solution hammered down in a couple weeks. I already have a clutch and flywheel, I'm going to be installing and measuring for a slave cylinder soon so I can put together a parts list for everything.

This will be a sub $1k twin disc including the cost of a flywheel and slave cylinder.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
Bummer man, good luck . I hounded fidanza and the dealer I purchased the kit from for weeks. I ended up getting 85% of my money back. Sometimes credit card companies will be on your side depending on the time frame.

Seems like everyone that purchased a fidanza kit when I did has had a failure.
At first alot of people were questioning my install and my driving.
I think I just beat my car alittle harder then most, so it took alittle longer for the others to break.
Yes, Maxspeed was right all along about the 6.5 not holding up and I know that people wouldn't believe it, even me. We all thought it was an install error or Max was wailing on the clutch to much. Turned out he was not to blame for the failure and he probably caught a lot of **** about it anyway.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AmericanMuscle

It may sound odd, but it seems like one hand doesnt know what the other is doing down there. When i was having my issue Adam said he would get back to me on the refund, but after 2-3 months i finally got pissed and called the main line just to see if i couldnt get someone else.

Got through, had the guy look up my account and he was telling me the things that he saw. I just pretended like everything was approved for a refund, but I never got it... He said that they had approved the refund but for some reason it never went anywhere from there. So instead of trying to go through Adam or Jeff, because neither one of them would call me back or email me, I just talked to the customer service people. He got in contact with whoever he needed to and finally got the check to me about a week later.

So before you go postal on their ***, try making a polite call to the customer service people (not tech because you will get Adam). Tell them what you were told (that your stuff was approved, but you havent recieved it). Just play it cool and they will probably get the ball rolling for you.

Good luck man!

And i hope the 7.6 works for you... mine sure didnt!

Quick Reply: Fidanza 6.5 twin disk review.