Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

something broke... *Now with Pics of the Axle*

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Man that sucks.. wernt you supposed to be back a few days ago too? Oh id be sooooo fing pissed bro! If you make it back before this Saturday were celebrating my homegirls birthday in the shops of legacy! A DJ will be playing at Taco diner followed by an afterparty on the roof
I live at the Shops at Legacy. What time are you all going out Sat night?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha...i dont think i will be back by then. i had to get the girlfriend a plane ticket home so she does miss a in person test for an online class (dont get that one at all) in Collin County.

the car is "ready" for pick up now. after talking with the guys at SNL, before i had back i am going to replace all retaining devices on the axles so they have a better chance of not sliding out on the drive back. whenever that drive occurs is still up in the air.

soo, if anyone tell me where i can get the CV Clamps and retaining clips that would be awesome. i may car Gforce, to see what i can get from them.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
haha...i dont think i will be back by then. i had to get the girlfriend a plane ticket home so she does miss a in person test for an online class (dont get that one at all) in Collin County.

the car is "ready" for pick up now. after talking with the guys at SNL, before i had back i am going to replace all retaining devices on the axles so they have a better chance of not sliding out on the drive back. whenever that drive occurs is still up in the air.

soo, if anyone tell me where i can get the CV Clamps and retaining clips that would be awesome. i may car Gforce, to see what i can get from them.
I got the smaller CV Clamps from Napa. No one had any of the large ones. I had to call Chris at G-Force.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did call chris, and new hardware is being sent out here.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whisler151
I live at the Shops at Legacy. What time are you all going out Sat night?
Brandon we should be hitting up Taco diner around 10:30pm or 11:00pm for the DJ and the roof top after party... do you have my #? If not then PM me and I can text you when we head over there! Man it must be nice to be within walking distance of some pretty fun night spots and not have to drive... lol
Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got the car back from the dealer...

had a little bit of a scare with the clutch. got in to start it, popped in the clutch started the car. then when i let out the clutch, the pedal came about half way up. and i thought "oh ****". pumped the the pedal in again and it came further up. pushed in again, and it popped all the way up. there was no slipping or any of that jazz. with the fluid changed, the clutch feels better and the car shift a little smoother.

babied the car from Stockton, CA to Tracy, CA...and i when i say babied, i mean i drove the car like a damn Geo Metro.

taking in by my sister mechanic tomorrow, and see what he says. just for piece of mind and a good opinion about the car (not from a dealer ship). and if he say he wouldnt drive in 1600 miles, then i will take everything from there.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

these are the times when you wish you would have left it stock lol, im contemplating putting mine back to stock just because if something happens ill be pissed even tough i know it happens when you mod stuff.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^haha...sorta...but then i hear the sound of her as she get into higher RPMs, and i get a **** eating grin on my face.

i do, however, wish i would have remember to grab my stock axles when i left SNL.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^haha...sorta...but then i hear the sound of her as she get into higher RPMs, and i get a **** eating grin on my face.

i do, however, wish i would have remember to grab my stock axles when i left SNL.
It just sucks when it happens with mods like the axles, that should help make the car more reliable...
Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

it does suck...but its comes with owning cars and modding them...

i will just have to see what happens...not much else to do
Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whisler151
When will it be ready?..."don't know, a lot of parts are backordered, sorry."
I'm really good friends with the parts manager at my local Chevy dealership.

I was looking for a few parts for my V and my TA race car.

Back ordered, no ETA

He told me that they've been having problems for a year getting replacement parts for cars and trucks.

He said its so bad in the body shop that insurance companys are totalling late model wrecked cars because of they can't get parts to fix the damaged ones.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man it must be nice to be within walking distance of some pretty fun night spots and not have to drive... lol
Cool, I'm not sure what the wife and I have going on but I'm sure we can stop by for a bit.

Yeah, we moved there because of all the bars and restaurants. Its awesome to go to out and know that you only have a 2 min walk home.

PM sent
Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am missing all the fun.

i sure hope i can get back in time for C&C...and the V holds together.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

my stock axles are being overnighted by SNL to me. the fact that these guys are almost bending over backward to get my back on the road from 1600 miles away make me really pleased that i took the V to them.

so, a big thanks to Whisler and all the other guys that hooked me and the V up with them.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup... that's awesome man! I was a lil nerves after this happened but glad that they came thru for you! I can't wait to get my cam install thru them!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yup... that's awesome man! I was a lil nerves after this happened but glad that they came thru for you! I can't wait to get my cam install thru them!
true...

now on to another topic...if i dont get back in time for C&C, we need to organize our own V meet for the DFW Vs...
Old 09-24-2010, 03:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Which way are you driving through to get home? Let us know if you stop in Az, I'm sure I could talk stageup into meeting for dinner or something.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am planning on going I10 through Phoenix. I will be staying the night there. I am putting the little lady on a plane to head back saturday, and I will be driving back middle next week.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i am planning on going I10 through Phoenix. I will be staying the night there. I am putting the little lady on a plane to head back saturday, and I will be driving back middle next week.
You know where you're staying yet? Stageup and I are both on the East side of town (Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert area). We could probably meet up to grab something to eat. I guess I should let him know before I start talking, but I should be free.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i havent planned what area. i know the Chandler/Gilbert area. i had a girlfriend that lived there.

i will more then likely just find a spot, and rack up. or i will keep driving. haah

Quick Reply: something broke... *Now with Pics of the Axle*