Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Videos of my lowly old V1 dragging your V2's ***!!
shut it!!!

If I ever get it back

supposedly all the parts are in.....

Last edited by Domsz06; 12-22-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Ball park would be $8,000 give or take a grand, The major pricing factor is what turbos you pick. I found mine rebuilt with a 1yr warranty for $800 a piece, new they are roughly twice that. If I had to do it again I would go with a T4 frame turbo, mainly because its easier to transition the 2.5" pipe from your stock manifold to a T4 flange. A T4 would also have more power potential but my T3's have more than enough potential to pop the stock short block, IMHO I'm on the edge right now.

I have thought about doing installs on cost plus pricing. I would get together with the customer to decide on the what they want for the major components, (turbo's, intercoolers, BOV, and wastegates) then charge the customer the actual prices for the materials and set dollar amount (~2k) for the labor and consumables (tig rod, argon gas, drill bits, grinding stones etc).

This would not include tuning. Although I could take the car to G-Force, the guys who tuned my setup and did a hell of a job.

Guys who are seriously interested shoot me a PM. Don't be in a rush, with the holidays and other obstacles such as setting up a LLC and becoming a vendor on Tech I don't expect to even start on another project till February.
Another option is you give them a parts list and they buy the parts, and you put it together with your labor charge..... Just that they would have to understand that if all the parts aren't there or right, your not starting on it... etc.....
Old 12-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Videos of my lowly old V1 dragging your V2's ***!!

lol I am on the hunt for some V2's as well

Its nice to see some V1's steppin' up
Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Domsz06
shut it!!!

If I ever get it back

supposedly all the parts are in.....
What is wrong with the V2?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Just so I dont high jack this thread if u were wondering what my bro got me..... https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...8#post14269158
Old 07-12-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cadivette
Super sweet set up. You did a great job. I know what the packaging concerns with packaging the turbos where you did. I did a nearly identical build in 2007 but my motor didn't last long due to a valve spring issue (valve float @ 6500 RPM, and BOOM!)

I posted everything on the Caddi forum back then, and I'm in the process of building a new engine for it.

Here's my new engine build....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-take-2-a.html

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Hope you don't take this as a thread jack. Thought it was cool that we went the same direction. I live in TX now as well, we should get together and compare notes when we both have the bugs worked out.
I would love to see this! Do you ever bring her out?

Originally Posted by Domsz06
Another option is you give them a parts list and they buy the parts, and you put it together with your labor charge..... Just that they would have to understand that if all the parts aren't there or right, your not starting on it... etc.....
^^^^This^^^^ I need a parts list BAD... lol
Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

oh, by the way sorry for turning this thread into a zombi... lol
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

any vids lurking of this on the street??

great thread btw thanks for taking pics
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

No vids.... I'm not much of a street racer. There is a video of me snapping a half shaft at the track, LOL.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

No vids.... I'm not much of a street racer. There is a video of me snapping a half shaft at the track, LOL.
I need to find a wire so I can actually DL the vid to the computer....
Old 07-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

were you able to make a solid pass before the broken shaft? Just curious on what numbers you were able to achieve.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by eggsnmilkctsv
were you able to make a solid pass before the broken shaft? Just curious on what numbers you were able to achieve.
Nope, I broke the axle on the very first pass with the turbo's.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to see this beast in person one day. I'm looking at turbo's for my car (one day). Ran into a guy at C&C a few times with a TT G8. TOTAL SLEEPER setup. Looking under the hood, only a trained eye would spot the differences.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ekshail
Hopefully I'll get a chance to see this beast in person one day. I'm looking at turbo's for my car (one day). Ran into a guy at C&C a few times with a TT G8. TOTAL SLEEPER setup. Looking under the hood, only a trained eye would spot the differences.
I'd like to run that TT G8.

I'm 99% sure you saw my car at cars n coffee in June, it was the silver one with the hood popped. You were there in the black V and your passenger side door hadn't been fixed yet from when the chick bumped you. I think you were wearing a shirt that looked like your avitar pic. Was that you?

Maybe my car is a sleeper....
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

wow i would love to see this in person.....when is the next v meet
Old 07-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Launching!

I'd like to run that TT G8.

I'm 99% sure you saw my car at cars n coffee in June, it was the silver one with the hood popped. You were there in the black V and your passenger side door hadn't been fixed yet from when the chick bumped you. I think you were wearing a shirt that looked like your avitar pic. Was that you?

Maybe my car is a sleeper....
I'll see if Mike will run you. I'd like to see that myself.

Yep, that was me. I wear that shirt on purpose so people will recognize me.
I thought that was MOPOWA's car LOL!

Speaking of the dent... it will have wait even longer to get fixed. Radiator just shat itself two days ago, I need brakes/rotor turn, and I got a ticket yesterday for tint being too dark (read at 15% up front). Hopefully I'll get all of this done this weekend. Whatever I have left over goes into the savings for a door & paint.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm..... TT G8 vs. TT CTS-V ftmfw!!! Go-pro this **** if it goes down and stay away from any dig runs unless you fixed your diff! Lol
Old 07-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Launching!

@ Gulf - If you happen to go to C&C next month, look for a black guy about 5-8 with a white G8. Totally stock looking from the outside. I won't make the next one. I told myself I'm off C&C until after I get the door fixed.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump for an update on your new turbo build
Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
bump for an update on your new turbo build
I need to take more pictures, the only pics I have are from building the new setup. It's been "finished" and back on the road for the last couple months, no new dyno numbers yet.... I bought a new house which has been taking all my free time and putting the V on the back burner.

But, the basics of the new kit are..

Twin t4 turbos, precision 61/65 units
Huge 22x10x5 ebay intercooler, with modified end tanks.
2.5" charge piping to intercooler, 3" from intercooler to TB, both in AL this time.
Custom 3" exhaust with HF cats and straight through mufflers, all stainless.
I'm running alky injection meth kit with 100% meth.
I was able to squeeze in 3" intake pipes inside the wheel well to near the stock location on the driver side and I cut out the bottom of the fuse box for a filter on the passenger side.
Ground clearance is actually better with this kit.
Once I get more time, i'm going to tackle a new fuel system, using the stock pump feeding a surge tank, then an external Bosh 044 pump, to -8 feed and a rail mounted rising rate fuel regulator.

With enough fuel, and a built shortblock I should have enough turbo to hit almost 1,000hp to the tires.

Modifying the intercooler, origonally both the inlet and outlet pointed downward. I cut them off and welded the outlet to the side and the inlet on about a 45degree. In the first picture showing the inlet, the welded patch on the side was a goof, I got my driver and passenger side mixed up

My AL welding skills have improved massively!

I'll update more when I get it to the dyno. I have a spot for the texas mile in March, I was planning on taking the z06, but if they let me change I may run the V.

Quick Reply: My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!