Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What would I make with a maggie 112?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I talked to another vendor and magnuson and they both siad they quit making the 122 rotors a while ago and dont have plans on doing it again.
Magnuson must not be doing them on their kits because I know Eaton still makes them. The 122 rotor pack is standard on the Shelby GT500. I really want a TVS1900 but shops are charging 10k for the kit. No thanks, I will go turbo first.

Where was the cheapest you found the Maggie kit from. You can PM if you dont want to post if it is a non vendor.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sending a PM now, ive decided to buy an Fbody to turbo instead of doing more to the V, i like useable power not dyno queens like the V has been. And even with a built rear for 7k itll never be as fast mod for mod as an fbody.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Sending a PM now, ive decided to buy an Fbody to turbo instead of doing more to the V, i like useable power not dyno queens like the V has been. And even with a built rear for 7k itll never be as fast mod for mod as an fbody.
Top 5 reasons to go this route:

5. You never have to justify your Mullett again
4. Cutting holes in the floor of your car for quick access to the fuel pump is completely normal.
3. You're tired of the confused look at stoplights when everyone is trying to figure out which car has a badass cam.
2. Cruising for chicks at the junior high is a lot easier when you're driving a smiling catfish.
1. Because T-Tops were never an option on the V.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by greddy91

4. Cutting holes in the floor of your car for quick access to the fuel pump is completely normal.
3. You're tired of the confused look at stoplights when everyone is trying to figure out which car has a badass cam.
2. Cruising for chicks at the junior high is a lot easier when you're driving a smiling catfish.
Damn, I drive an F-body, but this was funny.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol, i like the logic, but i also like cars that run as good as they look and sound, and the V just isnt up to the task. With my cam and bolt ons im gonna be given one hell of a run by just a boilt on fbody, abd a cammed fbody is gonna give me a run on spray. ANd thats froma roll, from a dig a stock but stalled auto fbody will walk the V from a dig.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Launching!

lol, i like the logic, but i also like cars that run as good as they look and sound, and the V just isnt up to the task. With my cam and bolt ons im gonna be given one hell of a run by just a boilt on fbody, abd a cammed fbody is gonna give me a run on spray. ANd thats froma roll, from a dig a stock but stalled auto fbody will walk the V from a dig.
It was meant to be amusing of course. On my end... my V looks bone stock save the heat exchanger. So... 500rwhp makes it run better than it looks IMO... I quit seeing the Fbody's as potential nemesis and started targeting Vette's and noticeably modified Cobra's...

Maybe I should show a few catfish some tailights... after I complete the 9" install that is...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

It was meant to be amusing of course. On my end... my V looks bone stock save the heat exchanger. So... 500rwhp makes it run better than it looks IMO... I quit seeing the Fbody's as potential nemesis and started targeting Vette's and noticeably modified Cobra's...

Maybe I should show a few catfish some tailights... after I complete the 9" install that is...
Even with 500 a pullied bolt on terminator will still run just about door to door with a 500rwhp V. I wish id have come to this conclusion before i decided to mod the V lol.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 AM
TECH Resident

Even with 500 a pullied bolt on terminator will still run just about door to door with a 500rwhp V. I wish id have come to this conclusion before i decided to mod the V lol.
I have bud, trust me. A few boltons, coilovers and forged wheels is where this car is staying. I will be searching for another 03 Cobra or a nice FRC in the Spring to join the V. I love the V but I am a gearhead at heart. This is just not the car you want if you plan to put down a lot of power.

500 rwhp in an 03 Cobra is about 1K, not even with used parts. Drive a 600+rwhp 03 Cobra that can actually hook and tell me if you still want to mod a V. My V will be a nice semi quick cruiser. Even with 5K+ built rears etc..... they dont run good numbers.

Check the numbers for the fastest M5, ISF (10's with boltons) etc... You know its crazy when I can have my 33K mile V1 and a low mileage 03 Cobra for 10K less than my total spent on a V2.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dat bees sum funy shiat!!!

Quick Reply: What would I make with a maggie 112?