Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Diff gone on my 06 V.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
Hell yeah! Good job breaking the CV joint. I have twisted off the splines inside the diff before.

I have the GForce econo axles and they remove 100% of the wheelhop up to about 5500 rpms. I think the main difference between the Hendrix/DSS and the GForce axles are that the GForce ones have the larger diameter on the longer shaft. I think I read that the Hendrix/DSS axles are now coming with some sort of coating now also. There is some talk about the Hendrix/DSS ones not being 300M material, but I cannot confirm that so take it for what it's worth (not much).

I have purchased axles from both places (Hendrix and GForce) and from personal experience I prefer dealing with Chris. There didn't seem to be any 'shady' excuses as to when the product was going to ship. Also, all the parts that were supplied with the GForce axles fit properly.
And I feel the exact opposite for the same exact reason haha. I had a downpayment on the first run of econo axles from Gforce and he had NO idea which axle was supposed to be larger. I could find a couple posts where he kept going back and forth. Hes got it straight now but i dont have any complaints about my Hendrix axle.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like both of them are good so which one is cheaper? I know Gforce is about 550 for both so what is Hendrix?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
My axle broke after two years of constant abuse with 440 rwHp. I have only heard of two other people that have broken axle stubs.
I broke a stub last month going around a corner in 2nd gear and it snapped when I got back on the gas.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a similar story to the stock GTO dif. My power is roughly 430/390

Ive got 1 gforce built stock axle with upgraded CV and 1 larger BMR axle on the other side(for wheel hop). Just ordered Gforce stubs. Now the rest is built and I will likely snap the stock drive shaft. lol it never ends.

Ive been on stock stubs and ds and have been afraid to launch it hard with sticky tires. Only way ill see an 11.xxx is with a 1.7 or so 60ft.
We'll see what happens in spring
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Dealer called and said diff is all done but I snapped my axle shaft too. they ordered it and it will be in tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Diff gone on my 06 V.