Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

iPod Interface

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the USA SPEC PA15-VETTE and consider the quality better than sat radio. Its the right quality given the source. There is a lag in the text information and there is no way to label the button functions that I know of, so it has some quirks but works. I also get a odd hiss from the speakers when changing from xm1 which is ipod to xm2 band which is sat radio. This hiss is only there when I switch bands as the music itself again is very good.

Another quirk is seems to play songs continuously even when just listening to the radio unless xm1 is set to the 6 function which is direct mode. Can anybody confirm this or a way to adjust this. The reason I say this is when I switch to xm1 music comes out right away as if it was playing all along just not through my speakers. I have a hard drive based ipod and don't really want it playing when I am not using it since it will wear it out.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Anyone have good experience w/ the Fosgate 3Sixty.2? I know that offers Ipod interface along with amp interface off the stock unit.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FRiCK
Does it sound like you're Listening to the radio? Or is it crisp and clear like a CD??
The Parot is pretty crisp. It plugs directly into the back of the radio. No splicing into the XM signal or FM modulators or anything like that.

Quick Reply: iPod Interface