Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

About to purchase Wheels. Please Advise!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idrvarocco
First, that is the sickest V i have ever seen. Second, NO RUBBING AT ALL RIGHT?!
Thanks, man! You're correct, no rubbing at all on the street.

But there is a caveat: I rarely have people in the backseat, so if you throw 300-400 lbs of human beings in the back, you may have rubbing since the stock springs will squat down under that load. The other thing is I have really stiff springs in the back (currently 800 lbs/in). That is almost double the spring rate of the stock springs. So now, nothing makes the car squat down, the springs are almost to stiff...

Even when I had the 650 lb/in springs (which is the track setup option that comes with the Ground Control Kit), the car didn't rub in the back unless I was on the track and taking a very high G corner that also happened to have a dip at the end of it.

So, no rubbing on the street, but if your springs are softer or you have people in the back quite often or you have stock or different wheels than me, you could have some rubbing issues. I just don't with my current setup, and I think one of the biggest reasons for this is my R888 tires are only a 30 series in the back which is a really narrow sidewall, so they just don't stick up into the fender much.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tweeter81
Thanks, man! You're correct, no rubbing at all on the street.

But there is a caveat: I rarely have people in the backseat, so if you throw 300-400 lbs of human beings in the back, you may have rubbing since the stock springs will squat down under that load. The other thing is I have really stiff springs in the back (currently 800 lbs/in). That is almost double the spring rate of the stock springs. So now, nothing makes the car squat down, the springs are almost to stiff...

Even when I had the 650 lb/in springs (which is the track setup option that comes with the Ground Control Kit), the car didn't rub in the back unless I was on the track and taking a very high G corner that also happened to have a dip at the end of it.

So, no rubbing on the street, but if your springs are softer or you have people in the back quite often or you have stock or different wheels than me, you could have some rubbing issues. I just don't with my current setup, and I think one of the biggest reasons for this is my R888 tires are only a 30 series in the back which is a really narrow sidewall, so they just don't stick up into the fender much.

Thanks!

Luckily for me I only auto-x with babies in the back seat - they are super light!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im pretty sure Wheeldude does pre-orders in runs of at least 5 deposits per color.. then wheel dude buys 10 sets and has inventory.. at least thats how they did it for my Torques... they also were able to mount/balance/TMPS install/ have a decent tire selection too.. so you can install um as soon as you get um.. Great vendor in my experience

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
about most concave rims not fitting over our brakes.
yea thats a very typical statement about this platform.. the ROTA Torques on a 350z have a crazy concave on the rear thats pure sex.. ours have almost none damn big brakes... a good problem to have
Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, now I'm officially in. Just gave Zoeb at wheeldude my credit card no.

Quick Reply: About to purchase Wheels. Please Advise!