Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cadillac ATS anyone? First time spied in actual form.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cadillac ATS anyone? First time spied in actual form.

Didn't see an ATS forum but it's sorta the smaller brother to the CTS Thing's got potential... for a sedan that is. I just want it the annoying european sedans a run for their money!

Pasted from http://www.atsforums.com
This mule was caught on the test circuit and shows a body which maintains Cadillac's angular chiseled design. The ATS appears to be a sleeker CTS, with an upsweeping character line on the side which leads down to an aggressive flared front chin. The back and front overhangs look bulky and long in these pics, but that's likely due to the extra camouflage panels still attached. The C pillar shape is likely a decoy.

The front brakes looks to be impressive (perhaps 6 piston calipers) and ready to handle serious performance.

galler - http://www.atsforums.com/forums/show...ual-Body-Shell
Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least they gave the bastards 5 lug wheels.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and looks like V2 calipers too.. i hope they give it a diff built for a 4 banger
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
and looks like V2 calipers too.. i hope they give it a diff built for a 4 banger
I'm sure those big brakes wouldn't be on the 4 cylinder version. Nor would a dual exhaust.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldnt see why the duals wouldnt be in the 4 banger version. or the big brakes. Gm should look for ways to set this car apart and make it special. make the base version also have some sporty pack which gives you the big brakes, etc. it would be nice to see this car with some ecotec motors, even the v6 ecotec.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i wouldnt see why the duals wouldnt be in the 4 banger version. or the big brakes. Gm should look for ways to set this car apart and make it special. make the base version also have some sporty pack which gives you the big brakes, etc. it would be nice to see this car with some ecotec motors, even the v6 ecotec.
Cause when you add 2500 dollar brakes kit and dual exhaust/sporty options, you take the afforable 4 banger version out of the equation. Plus, the majority of people who would opt for the cheap version could careless about 6 piston brembos and 200 dollar brake pad changes.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Cause when you add 2500 dollar brakes kit and dual exhaust/sporty options, you take the afforable 4 banger version out of the equation. Plus, the majority of people who would opt for the cheap version could careless about 6 piston brembos and 200 dollar brake pad changes.
Allen hit the nail right on the head. The base model stripped down cars is where they make money. The reason the F-body died in 02 was the fact they marketed the car so intensely as a muscle car that everyone forgot about the base model, v6, stripped down cars which need to be sold to keep a nameplate viable for a company.

Its the exact reason the Mustang is so popular and stayed around. More V6, base model cars sold and marketed to women and people who like the design but dont need all the performance of the top models.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big reg
Its the exact reason the Mustang is so popular and stayed around. More V6, base model cars sold and marketed to women and people who like the design but dont need all the performance of the top models.
funny you say that, becuase i have a thread i started about just that. and you, being a former SVT owner, may get a laugh out of it.

Mustangs and Mustang Oweners
Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
no you then give people the ability to add options to a car which has a better profit margin. thats where companies make money on vehicles. be it a upgraded radio, better seats, brakes, key less entry, cold weather packages, hids, radar guided cruise control, etc. the majority of people just buy what is on the lot.

you find a way to sell the most profit generating chassis, then get people to load the car up with as many options as they car afford. people mock the never ending options list that bmw/audi/mb have.... but thats where alot of money is made for the companies and the dealerships.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Looking like it's going to be a directly CTS clone

Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good.

Quick Reply: Cadillac ATS anyone? First time spied in actual form.