Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V navigation system.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V navigation system.

Hi,

CVP33, or someone else can you post pictures of the nav system? Does it play DVDs also? MP3s?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-23-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DVD's. It will also play movie DVD's when the parking brake is engaged.The dealer explained that they have a company that can bypass the parking brake for you but I wouldn't be interested in that.
Attached Thumbnails CTS-V navigation system.-nav.jpg  
Old 02-24-2004, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cvp33
DVD's. It will also play movie DVD's when the parking brake is engaged.The dealer explained that they have a company that can bypass the parking brake for you but I wouldn't be interested in that.
Everyone else would be interested if you would be so kind as to get the info. Either how to do it, or contact information for the company that can do it.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

That Is A Cool Car!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Thanks CVP33, how is the sound system? What are the specs on it? It's BOSE right?
So it can't play MP3s, AACs, etc?

Does it have a USB port?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-24-2004, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

I tried MP3's and it did not work, no usb, speakers are 8 in number with subwoofer, very clear and clean system, Car and driver said the CTSV sound system made the M3 and M5 system sound ordinary, DVD movies sound great in the car.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm with wolfgang. Incredible Bose system. I have the LHS with the Infinity sound system, 13 speakers and 320 watts of power. The Bose blows this away. It also has DSP (digital sound processing) like high-end AV tuners. There is a "spacious" setting that I swear makes it sound like you're sitting in a room at least 20'x20'. There are also setting to optimize the driver's experience, the passengers or to listen to talk radio. Very nice. BTW, it does play CDR's.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

There is an infared sensor on the dash maybe you can do wireless to the car like for addresses and phone numbers, need to check manual
Old 02-25-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eswolfgang
There is an infared sensor on the dash maybe you can do wireless to the car like for addresses and phone numbers, need to check manual
Let us know what that does - I think it may let you shoot your addresses from your Palm and have them pre loaded into the Navigation system.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes. The infared is for your palm pilot. It will upload both addresses and phone numbers.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Default Newbie

Guys,
I have a CTS on order that shipped from the factory on wed. I am very excited!

Anyway, I have been involved in ohter forums, but I just found this one today.

Few questions for any current owner or anyone whoe knows about the nav system:

-Does the nav system have voice activation? the regular CTS has voice activated features, but on teh V they removed the button the wheel to activate this feature? Is there a way to make it work?

-Can you get rid of the "must be stopped to view DVD" issue? Everyone is saying you can get around it, but I will not pay 1k to have it done, and I will not drive around with my e-brake slightly engaged...

-Can you integrate a Cell phone system? I'm not talkin about onstar here, I am talkin about a real cell phone. One you can take when you leave the car.

-I saw that wolfgang said that MP3s dont work. What about DVD audio? Svideo CDs? Does it Read DVD-R and CD-Rs?

-How well does the palm communication work? Will it work with a labtop (thinkpad with IR)?

Thanks for you help, and I hope to be able to answer questions and be an active member of this forum when my car arrives.

Reed
CTSVETT (P.S. that is my reserved license plate here in CA and its going on the car!)
Old 02-28-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my mom has the 2003 cts 6cyl. can you play dvd's on that navigation screen?
Old 03-04-2004, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't be surprised if you can get around the parking brake issue by grounding the sensor (so the car allways thinks you've got the E-Brake on), then removing the bulb from the E-Brake light so it isn't on all the time. That would be my "free" answer, but it's a bit of a kludge, and off course you would loose the idiot line reminding you you've got the E-brake on... but if you need a light to know that you probably have no business driving a CTS-V anyways.

-Adam
Old 03-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ctsvett
Guys,
I have a CTS on order that shipped from the factory on wed. I am very excited!

Anyway, I have been involved in ohter forums, but I just found this one today.

Few questions for any current owner or anyone whoe knows about the nav system:

-Does the nav system have voice activation? the regular CTS has voice activated features, but on teh V they removed the button the wheel to activate this feature? Is there a way to make it work?

-Can you get rid of the "must be stopped to view DVD" issue? Everyone is saying you can get around it, but I will not pay 1k to have it done, and I will not drive around with my e-brake slightly engaged...

-Can you integrate a Cell phone system? I'm not talkin about onstar here, I am talkin about a real cell phone. One you can take when you leave the car.

-I saw that wolfgang said that MP3s dont work. What about DVD audio? Svideo CDs? Does it Read DVD-R and CD-Rs?

-How well does the palm communication work? Will it work with a labtop (thinkpad with IR)?

Thanks for you help, and I hope to be able to answer questions and be an active member of this forum when my car arrives.

Reed
CTSVETT (P.S. that is my reserved license plate here in CA and its going on the car!)

Where do you live in CA? I HAVE a black CTS-V now in Orange County with the plate CTS VET on it.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by ctsvet
Where do you live in CA? I HAVE a black CTS-V now in Orange County with the plate CTS VET on it.
CTSVET,

When are you gonna take me for a spin in your CTS-V or your 04 Vette for that matter??? I'm up in Anaheim. =)
Old 03-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Default In CA

CTSVET,
I am CTSVETT and my plate is not on a car yet. Its waiting for me at the DMV office. I am expecting delivery of my car this week in Torrance. I live in Redondo Beach.

Crozier,
See above, I will give you a ride when I get my car (and its broken in)

Hey,
Once we all get our cars, you guys interested in getting together once and a while to chat. When I had an impala SS we got together once and a while and did some cruises.. It was kinda cool (and freaked out cars around us). Let me know what you think.

Reed
CTSVETT (with 2 "T"s)

Quick Reply: CTS-V navigation system.