Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My visit to D3

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

150/hr labor charge isnt that high when talking about companies who deal with serious build and expensive luxury vehicles.

their cars go out and do what their customers ask them to. also most of their builds are hard to compare to anything else since they are sort of one off.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

as far as the results...... Yeah they don't post them, they just do it(like said before). You want a 1000HP cadillac, they will do it. They had two in the works when I stopped by their shop. They dont BS you and they are straight forward with prices and labor on paper before you even think about starting a project.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry man, I have no dog in this fight if your quoting caddy stuff. But on their website it looks like you had the wrong price anyways. http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/cts-v_pulley_kit

I was charged $125/per hour for labor. I don't know if they charge an extra $25/per hour more for Caddies or not. If they did that would be pretty lame. But that's a question for them.

As far as the results are concerned. Again, I said that based on what MY impression of them was. That was in no way meant to say that it was their official stance on everything. I would have to imagine that if their results weren't good, then there would be a much smaller line waiting to get your car worked on! Dude, when I was there they had a transporter there dropping off 3 CTS-V's for work.

You can knock them for whatever reasons you want. But they get the S^&* done as far as I'm concerned. I'm very happy with their work and service.

Cliff

Originally Posted by GT racer
While it's great to hear that you've had experience with D3 I'm not so sure about your claim " their prices are not out of line in anyway shape or form".

For instance, history shows the D3 price for their V2 lower pulley was $1850.00 when other vendors were selling lower pulleys for just a little over half that price!

The D3 labor charge as was quoted by their distributor Paschal Performance was $ 150.00 per hour! ( IMO, that has to be some kind of record)

This info is not hearsay, but a matter of fact.

Maybe the lesson learned is that it always pays to shop and compare prices.

As for not posting results, maybe they don't post " results" because their results aren't as good as some of the competitors? By not posting their results there is no reason for them to substantiate or validate.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1MaddCamaro
Sorry man, I have no dog in this fight if your quoting caddy stuff. But on their website it looks like you had the wrong price anyways. http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/cts-v_pulley_kit

I was charged $125/per hour for labor. I don't know if they charge an extra $25/per hour more for Caddies or not. If they did that would be pretty lame. But that's a question for them.

As far as the results are concerned. Again, I said that based on what MY impression of them was. That was in no way meant to say that it was their official stance on everything. I would have to imagine that if their results weren't good, then there would be a much smaller line waiting to get your car worked on! Dude, when I was there they had a transporter there dropping off 3 CTS-V's for work.

You can knock them for whatever reasons you want. But they get the S^&* done as far as I'm concerned. I'm very happy with their work and service.

Cliff

Very happy your satisfied with them, Cliff.

However, that doesn't change the reported $150.00 labor charge and $1850.00 lower pulley price that was quoted from an e-mail from their distributor ( Clifford @ Paschal Performance ).

If you paid $ 125.00 per hour then maybe you should consider yourself fortunate.

BTW, are there any other companies in Cali or nearby states who do similar work with Caddys or do they pretty much have a monopoly for Caddy's on the west coast? Did you happen to notice what states the Caddys were from that were being unloaded from the transport ?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think most are small mom and pop/ semi shops
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM

Damn I feel like a defense attorney, LOL.

Sounds like the issue was with their distributor. I just showed you a link on their site with the amount of their pulley so....? The quote I got from them was the same price as what my invoice was.

I do consider myself fortunate to have work done knowing, with confidence, that the job was done right and I can go beat the **** out of my car on the track without it breaking. So for that I am fortunate. Having to pay them $125 per hour is well worth it to me.

I dont know if you noticed, but they specialize in Caddies. So I would assume they are pretty darn good at those.

That transporter had cars from out of state dealerships. They had other cars already there that had CA plates also. But the transporter was dropping off out of state V's. Not sure where they were from but they weren't from Kali.

If I can swing this new ZL1, I gonna send it to them and see if they can freak it out!

Cliff

Very happy your satisfied with them, Cliff.

However, that doesn't change the reported $150.00 labor charge and $1850.00 lower pulley price that was quoted from an e-mail from their distributor ( Clifford @ Paschal Performance ).

If you paid $ 125.00 per hour then maybe you should consider yourself fortunate.

BTW, are there any other companies in Cali or nearby states who do similar work with Caddys or do they pretty much have a monopoly for Caddy's on the west coast? Did you happen to notice what states the Caddys were from that were being unloaded from the transport ?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1MaddCamaro
Damn I feel like a defense attorney, LOL.

Sounds like the issue was with their distributor. I just showed you a link on their site with the amount of their pulley so....? The quote I got from them was the same price as what my invoice was.

I do consider myself fortunate to have work done knowing, with confidence, that the job was done right and I can go beat the **** out of my car on the track without it breaking. So for that I am fortunate. Having to pay them $125 per hour is well worth it to me.

I dont know if you noticed, but they specialize in Caddies. So I would assume they are pretty darn good at those.

That transporter had cars from out of state dealerships. They had other cars already there that had CA plates also. But the transporter was dropping off out of state V's. Not sure where they were from but they weren't from Kali.

If I can swing this new ZL1, I gonna send it to them and see if they can freak it out!

Cliff

ZL1, Cliff!

Now you're talking! Go for it.

Just be careful not to use the same (D3 endorsed) distributor for obtaining D3's prices and labor quotes!

BTW, any performance improvement numbers ( 1/4 mi., dyno #'s, etc.) to share following the work you had done at D3 ?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was that a 11.19 ET that the bolt on D3 drag car video showed?

Would have thought the ET would have been closer to a mid 10.
i dont know what the build was on that car, now what tire its on. but it was moving either way.

Quick Reply: My visit to D3