Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Funny "is that a V" moment

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And im sorry but THIS

Does NOT look like this

And once again he also heard me pull up in IT...
Old 08-09-2011, 02:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wcryan
you would have to be a complete retard to not know the difference between a cts and a cts-v. the regular cts is for some reason, very ugly compared to the V

And if your a gearhead or car guy you should definately be ashamed of yourself not to know the difference. It's in every car magazine in 50% of every bathroom you go into.

Let's be real now. The guy said that because he has no idea, but knows that the cadillac with the V thing on it is really fast. And he wishes he had one but can't because he had 4 kids by age 22, got into tweak and coke, is out on parole, has another 2 kids on the way, Carls Jr. is too hard to work at so he took the pay cut and went to McDonalds. But in the end; he still finds a way to get his cigarettes and an accasional 18 pack.
I'd disagree, overall, the "v" platform is a extremly small segment of the "gearhead" population. So much so, I'd venture to recommend you look at the actual build numbers of Gen1 V's vs say a corvette.....Z06 even. You'd be amazed at how rare of a car it really is.

Add to it, you're making a square peg fit into a round hole already by making sedan's....and CADILLAC a performance car. That being said, most don't really have a clue what a V is, the difference between a Gen 1 or 2, or that there is even a coupe availible. I would say the vast majority would be blown away at the power the gen2's have in comparison to the corvette base platform or even the Z06 for that matter.

De-badging a already rare and hard to identify car for the simple reason of "under the radar" is a little weird to me. Trust me, to 93.567% of the American Population, you already ARE under the radar, haha.

Now from an apperance perspective, if that floats your boat, then i say go for it! But don't think that you are suddenly a wolf in sheeps clothing because of it. I find myself spending mroe time trying to explain WHY the car is as badass as it is...and no....it's not the same car your grandma has, hahaha
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
I bought my car debadged. And there are still clues. But its not like this guy asked or anything. I can understand that a moron or someone who was just not in the know would NOT infact KNOW its a V. But it was how he walked by the owner twice and could have asked or anything else. And then walked over to his friends and loud enough for everyone to hear claims he KNOWS its a regular one. Its arrogance and mixed in this case with just enough ignorance, came off as SUPER funny.
You should've got in the car and rev'd it. Then got out and said to your friend loud enough, "Man I Love this V"
Old 08-09-2011, 02:34 PM

I honestly didnt care that much. I would rather that guy go on being a moron then correct him and have him learn something from me which could help him later on in life. Why make the next time he sees one go any easier... Maybe that person is a homicidal *** rapist with AIDS. And I personlly love to find out this guy got *** raped by a large mamal with AIDS.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

I honestly didnt care that much. I would rather that guy go on being a moron then correct him and have him learn something from me which could help him later on in life. Why make the next time he sees one go any easier... Maybe that person is a homicidal *** rapist with AIDS. And I personlly love to find out this guy got *** raped by a large mamal with AIDS.

Wow...um...ok?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

the one I like best is when a girl is sucking you off in it, but has no idea what a cts-v is; but she thinks your baller cause its a cadillac.

Maybe it takes them back to the days when their pimp had one ; )
This happens to you also?
Old 08-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Not me. Im married and my wife is NOT impressed with my car. To her its somethign I spend money on instead of her or the house. My wheels/headers/cam should have been her island/counter.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Not me. Im married and my wife is NOT impressed with my car. To her its somethign I spend money on instead of her or the house. My wheels/headers/cam should have been her island/counter.
+well I was gonna say a trillion...Instead I'll say +America's debt to China. My wife LOVES V8 American muscle cars....But she H-A-T-E-S the V. It's actually nicknamed the "Bitch" in our house.....Says I love this car more than her, and that "I think girls just wanna throw panties at it when I revvvv it up" LOL
Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
This happens to you also?
Yes; That's why my first thread I ever wrote was asking how to clean the seats in our cars hahahaha
Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

he didnt give me a chance nor walk to whatever POS he drove (lot was mostly toyota/acura/audi SUVS, only other "nice" car is my friends mini)...

you would have to be a complete retard to not know the difference between a cts and a cts-v.

And if your [sic] a gearhead or car guy you should definately [sic] be ashamed of yourself not to know the difference. It's in every car magazine in 50% of every bathroom you go into.
I'm with tim99ws6. I think you're drastically overestimating people's knowledge of the CTS-V, particularly the V1, even amongst the gearhead crowd. Nobody knew a damn thing about these cars until the V2s came along. GM didn't advertise them at all compared to the significant advertising campaign that the V2 has had. The vast majority of guys at the numerous track days I've taken the car to are surprised at how fast it is, stunned when I point out it has 6-lug hubs, think it had the Northstar in it, etc etc. Other than a drag strip you'd be hard pressed to find a more concentrated group of gearheads (and I'd bet that knowledge of the V1 at a drag strip would be just as low if not lower, since there are even fewer people that drag V1s than there are who use them properly on road courses).

By the way, what are the differences between the S4 and the RS4?

And he wishes he had one but can't because he had 4 kids by age 22, got into tweak and coke, is out on parole, has another 2 kids on the way, Carls Jr. is too hard to work at so he took the pay cut and went to McDonalds. But in the end; he still finds a way to get his cigarettes and an accasional [sic] 18 pack.
Uhhhh.... what?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

And im sorry but THIS...

Does NOT look like this..
Not that one, buuut....

Old 08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Lol I was filling up a few days a go n my car has no badges at all and this guy walks up to me and goes is this one of those fast ones mine If I look inside so I opened the door and said go ahead.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Btw the silver one above with the intercooler Is a v6
Old 08-09-2011, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by serik21
Btw the silver one above with the intercooler Is a v6
They all are!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not meaning to derail ...

I had a guy come up to me and ask if that was a CTS 5 ... think about it for a moment.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought about it...... for more than a moment.... but I think im too slow. Tell us
Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

The Roman Numeral V=5...I assume that's what he is referring to.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

bahahahaahaahahah. was he wearing a helmet?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

I get more comments about having a 6speed manual then a vette motor crammed under the hood...

Quick Reply: Funny "is that a V" moment