Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Funny "is that a V" moment

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny "is that a V" moment

My recent story is sitting outside a resturaunt in OC mD. And me and a friend are just standing behind my car, outside BSing while we wait for a table. Guy walks by us from where he was sitting by the front door. Not a wave or a look or a hi. Just walks right by us and starts scoping out the back of my car(debadged).. Looks at it for a few seconds... walks by me again and over to his friends where we hear him say... "Nope just the regular one"..

I laughed out loud and decided best not to correct the all knowing **** nut. Pretty sure he was a yuppie in a 4runner or audi SUV. Funny thing is he had HEARD me pull in(obvious V8 sound with the catback on).

I love fooling morons who just do NOT know what makes a V a V.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should have walked up to his car and went "Yup, just the gay one"
Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha...I don't even care anymore.

I get the same sht when I roll up in my Ford Superduty.

The people who know will hear the Cummins.

The other rah-tards just say "Oh, it's another Powerstroke."
Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What a tool...******* summer time OC crowd!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wcryan
you should have walked up to his car and went "Yup, just the gay one"
+10000000 LOL!!! I spit my coffee all over my desk. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Lol, that guy didn't know **** about ****! You should have played it out and told him you had the 3.6 with a superchip! Then told him that a lot of people don't know that with a superchip it turns into a vette!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

By the way I saw a newer vette with the "classic" stingray kit today during lunch! I thought it was a slammed jag at first!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guess he forgot to look at the brakes.
Attached Thumbnails Funny "is that a V" moment-cts.jpg  
Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, you blame him for not knowing the minor body differences between the v6 and v8 CTSes?

The car was de-badged, and he clearly knew of the Vs and had an appreciation for them if he gave a **** enough to come over & check it out.

So, he didn't notice that it's a 6 lug vs a 5 lug, or that calipers, or the extra line in the rear bumper. But among the V6 CTS crowd, a mess grille & V-bumper were a *common* and essential upgrade.

As far as he knew, it was a de-badged CTS with wheels & a grille; A "wanna-v," if you will.

As far as V8 rumble, the Magnaflow in the lower RPMs isn't that loud. You could see how someone unfamiliar with these cars could disregard it as a V6 with say a Flowmaster or soemthing.

I think he had an appreciation for the V-series, and probably would have shot the **** with you about the car and stood there drooling if you told him it was a V or popped the hood for him.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM

he didnt give me a chance nor walk to whatever POS he drove(lot was mostly toyota/acura/audi SUVS, only other "nice" car is my friends mini)... Otherwise I would have done JUST that...

Brakes... rims.... Grilll. Exhuast... Guy was a moron but still made me laugh.

I was hoping to ask him to race... Since its just a "regular" CTS it shouldnt be a problem for your SUV. But alas he didnt stop pause or hesitate when walking RIGHT by me twice. Was the kind of **** you WISHED yuo got on camera.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would have stopped him and also said "Hey!, ******!, this **** has sportmode. Watch ur *** u clown"
Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 PM

I actually atleast find this funny. I am getting RATHER tired of sayign the following line......

NO THIS IS NOT THE SUPERCHARGED ONE! adn then i just get sad inside.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you de-badge a V?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

I was up at a car show this weekend and there was a crowd (4-5) kids in 18-22 years old that completely dismissed my car completely until they saw the back and noticed the V emblem. Then they were practically gawking "Oh my god..it's a CTSV!" I'm thinking of removing the V emblems just to stay under the radar. "Is that the 556 hp one?" No. "Is it supercharged?" No, but its faster than your mom's minivan and we'll leave it at that.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

the one I like best is when a girl is sucking you off in it, but has no idea what a cts-v is; but she thinks your baller cause its a cadillac.

Maybe it takes them back to the days when their pimp had one ; )
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 PM

Why not? I like it. Its very very clean looking. Only emblems on the car are the caddie ones and those are overlayed from 8thdaycreations.

I didnt get my car to tell other people what I have. I got my car for MY enjoyment. And in this case I got a freebee. never expected it... but I loved it.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Honestly, you blame him for not knowing the minor body differences between the v6 and v8 CTSes?

The car was de-badged, and he clearly knew of the Vs and had an appreciation for them if he gave a **** enough to come over & check it out.

So, he didn't notice that it's a 6 lug vs a 5 lug, or that calipers, or the extra line in the rear bumper. But among the V6 CTS crowd, a mess grille & V-bumper were a *common* and essential upgrade.

As far as he knew, it was a de-badged CTS with wheels & a grille; A "wanna-v," if you will.

As far as V8 rumble, the Magnaflow in the lower RPMs isn't that loud. You could see how someone unfamiliar with these cars could disregard it as a V6 with say a Flowmaster or soemthing.

I think he had an appreciation for the V-series, and probably would have shot the **** with you about the car and stood there drooling if you told him it was a V or popped the hood for him.

I agree with Jersey Mike.

You debadged your V so casual by-standers wouldn't know, right?
That's a win! Now, if this guy see's you again, he'll think it's a V6. Maybe even try to run you at a stop light, just like you want.

We all love the CTS-V on this forum,
but not all car guys (Yuppie or Gear heads included) know the characteristics.
The guy may not have been at his seat when you pulled in.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

you would have to be a complete retard to not know the difference between a cts and a cts-v. the regular cts is for some reason, very ugly compared to the V

And if your a gearhead or car guy you should definately be ashamed of yourself not to know the difference. It's in every car magazine in 50% of every bathroom you go into.

Let's be real now. The guy said that because he has no idea, but knows that the cadillac with the V thing on it is really fast. And he wishes he had one but can't because he had 4 kids by age 22, got into tweak and coke, is out on parole, has another 2 kids on the way, Carls Jr. is too hard to work at so he took the pay cut and went to McDonalds. But in the end; he still finds a way to get his cigarettes and an accasional 18 pack.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:03 PM

I bought my car debadged. And there are still clues. But its not like this guy asked or anything. I can understand that a moron or someone who was just not in the know would NOT infact KNOW its a V. But it was how he walked by the owner twice and could have asked or anything else. And then walked over to his friends and loud enough for everyone to hear claims he KNOWS its a regular one. Its arrogance and mixed in this case with just enough ignorance, came off as SUPER funny.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
I bought my car debadged. And there are still clues. But its not like this guy asked or anything. I can understand that a moron or someone who was just not in the know would NOT infact KNOW its a V. But it was how he walked by the owner twice and could have asked or anything else. And then walked over to his friends and loud enough for everyone to hear claims he KNOWS its a regular one. Its arrogance and mixed in this case with just enough ignorance, came off as SUPER funny.
Well, then yeah. That guy was trying to be a dick, So F-him.

Quick Reply: Funny "is that a V" moment