Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Some stuff that's REALLY been getting on my nerves lately....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Wack a$$ "Blose" stereo.
2. Parade clunk from rear
3. Hard to put in gear from a stop... most of the time.
4. Having to replace the radiator due to cheap plastic upper & lower.
5. Wife
Old 08-11-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For some reason I'm unable to reprogram the TPMS system... Discount Tire tried it and wouldn't work... I'm running staggered tire sizes and the pressure monitor goes ape **** because the pressures aren't all equal.

My exhaust rattles against the rear diff and my headers rattle against the body on the passenger side when I take off from a stop ... too damn hot here right now kills my motivation to fix this stuff haha.

First gear synchro worn doesn't always want to engage.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

anytime i want to get on it, i get a bad whine from what i think is the transmission. and it stays there until i come to a complete stop and doesnt start again until i get on it again. it shifts fine, and im not slamming the gears or anything. its annoying as f***.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
According to the forums, bad motor mounts are responsible for every issue on these cars.

"My passenger side headlamp washer quit working."

"Dude, I bet you have a bad motor mount."
Hahhahahah!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shifting morale will continue to go down until the clutch is bled. lol

Get a shifter from PISINUOFF......greatly improves shifting as well.

The whine is from the differential. They all do it.

Yes, Bose stereo sucks.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

the whine is not from the diff. it is coming from the transmission. we think it is the seal, but are not sure.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

A whiney tranny? <- I'm not going there lol
Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

o good lord, haha
Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

For #2 the trans mount upgrade to creative steal helped my car by raising the tail of the trans backup, and if you get a short shifter it will most likely make things worse until you fix the underlying issue.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I know me and bama both suffer from the annoying squeaky seat that rubs the center console cause we arent little guys. Sometimes it makes me wanna rip the whole center console out of the car.
I have very few complaints about this car, obviously it's not perfect but this really bothers me, makes a noise every time I get in or out and really ruins the experience, makes me feel like I just got into or out of a total POS
Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FRiCK
If you guys had to get rid of your V what would you get? And don't say V2... Lol
'06 E55 AMG for me. I'd love to have a C6 ZO6, but the lack of a back seat is a deal-breaker for me. Come to think of it....now that I've bought a beater car (Ford Festiva!), the lack of a back seat isn't as big of a deal.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) Parade clunk- even after changing the diff bushing and trans mount with creative steel pieces I still have it. Think I am going to have to replace the driveshaft carrier bearing cause it looked weak.

2) TPMS- does anyone know if they are relative to a certain position on the car? Cause my car said the pass rear was high but it was the pass front that actually was. Wondered if it had been rotated away from it's original position. I doubt this is the case though.

3) some sort of a popping sound in the front suspension when I slightly turn the wheel at slow speeds
Old 08-11-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1: squeaking under the dash
2: rattle from the sun roof.
3: TPMS not providing correct psi info on the allotted tires (example: front left TPMS provides reading of PSI on back left tire.)
4: squeking brakes.
5: memory seats change positions every so often..
6: NEED MO POWA!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
1: squeaking under the dash
2: rattle from the sun roof.
3: TPMS not providing correct psi info on the allotted tires (example: front left TPMS provides reading of PSI on back left tire.)
4: squeking brakes.
5: memory seats change positions every so often..
6: NEED MO POWA!!!!
3: You need to read your manual... when you get new tires, they were probably rotated. Manual shows you procedure to reset the TPMS to proper wheels
6: buy a maggie
Old 08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Only at 8K miles but soft clunk from clutch area when depressed while moving at slow speed. Drained the diff the other day, metal filings on the magnet plug. But, not making any noise (yet) or otherwise misbehaving. Most of the bolts were about to fall out of my $1500 hendrix axles, which probably didn't help the already challenged diff. Dealer wants 2K just to buy a new one, 2400 installed!! The car has such low mileage that most of those PIA things everyone is describing just haven't shown up yet. I bought this car after missing out on an 08 BMW 335i with 20K miles and 4 mounted brand new snow tires with the deal. Still on warranty for almost 2 more years. Went for 27K at the local Toyota dealer. I still like the Caddy better, even with all the hassles and 14 mpg. There's nothing like it driving home from work at midnight and lighting up the Maggie. The Beemer shure didn't feel that good...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta love the V and its random *** flaws.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whisler151
Gotta love the V and its random *** flaws.
Yea thanks to this thread, Im willing to make you an offer of $11 dollars for your V.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

I get a crazy rattle (but more a buzzing) from under the driver-side dash area under hard acceleration. It is really loud.

I have found that pushing the parking brake release handle hard into the dash makes the buzzing less intense. I need to try to find the other spot that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

As for parade clunk: I switched to a Monster clutch and have no more clunk at all!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

As for what annoys me most, at various times (going over a bump or accelerating) I get a rattle from the rear that sounds like cans rattling. I think it's coming from the rear under the car, but I've checked my exhaust and it seems as tight as can be. I'm starting to think it's a CAT (although you'd think it'd do it all the time if it was that), or, the assembly that holds the tub in the trunk area. There's small rod and screw assembly that kind of wobbles around when everything is removed from that area. I took out the tub and put a full size spare in there and have have tighten down on the screw assembly to where it doesn't move at all, but the rattle is still there. I've check the area under the car where that assembly is to see if I can tighten it from the bottom but there a metal plate covering it that doesn't appear easy to take off.

As for the OP's probs, a short-shifter from PISSNUOFF and a generous supply of grease on the linkage helped my notchy-ness. As for the oil sensor, trace out that ground from the hood pillar on back. If you do you'll find it goes from the battery to the pillar and also runs to a ground on the engine head on the passenger side. Sand off any paint and clean the area on the head. Also clean off all connectors on the cables. I used a sanding pad on my dremel to clean mine. Fixed the problem right up for me. Not saying it'll fix yours, but it's the easiest, lowest cost fix and probably worth another try.

Last edited by egypt123; 08-12-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Some stuff that's REALLY been getting on my nerves lately....