Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What else to do when installing a maggie?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u want reliable daily driver, stick to just the blower. Once u change cam, heads, springs and rockers its starts to become a daily labour of love! Those stock internals can take plenty of abuse, its more the dtrain that gets sketchy above 450rwhp. Im no expert the older V's, but they cant be much stouter than the trucks, and those tranny, diff, bearings...etc crumbled @ 500+...do the blower and spend the rest on handling...unless all u do is throw darts, handling is what wins races!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
As soon as you open the hood and see the maggie, isn't the surprise over?

I do like this thread through.....it's pushing me to get a cam at the same time as a S/C since the front end will be off anyways.
How often do people ask you "is this the supeecharged one?"
Old 09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
How often do people ask you "is this the supeecharged one?"
Every time you tell them its a V! My response "No I supercharged it myself to beat those new ones". Of course I don't mention with a pulley and a tune they will rape me again...
Old 09-24-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I spent all morning tearing it all apart to fix a P0332 code (Bank 2 knock sensor voltage low). I really wish I had replaced these when I did the original install, so I am adding this to the list!!

Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ahh...learned my lesson from my Tahoe, but then again it was Z71 and I took it off-roading a few times. Water loves to sit in those knock sensor holes. I put some gasket-maker around the rubber plugs and wires that sit above the knock sensors to prevent water accumulation.

Just finished the install of the maggie last night, and I will be trailering it to SNL for the tune.

Make sure all the pieces fit correctly and that you can access other components that might wear out (if you're doing the install yourself). I had to notch out the valley cover a bit so that the oil pressure sensor (at least that's what I thought it was) would be serviceable, and the valley cover could sit flush.

The intake gaskets that were included also needed trimming/shaving.

Last edited by cam3439; 09-26-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

went with a custom comp cam. I will post specs as soon as they are sent to me. The local speed shop that is doing the install and tune is putting the specs together for me. I don't want anything crazy aggressive that it affects drivability, though he insures that he can tune any cam for the most part to be daily driver friendly.

Hopefully I can get around 520ish wheel out of the setup.

Btw, I spent $399. I don't know the pricing and I hate myself for not doing research first but I trust him enough that he doesnt over charge and honestly... I just wanted to get it over with.

He wants to also make a custom coolant tank that will hold more fluid and also ice for when I take it to the track. Doesn't sound like a bad option to me.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

went with a custom comp cam. I will post specs as soon as they are sent to me. The local speed shop that is doing the install and tune is putting the specs together for me. I don't want anything crazy aggressive that it affects drivability, though he insures that he can tune any cam for the most part to be daily driver friendly.

Hopefully I can get around 520ish wheel out of the setup.

Btw, I spent $399. I don't know the pricing and I hate myself for not doing research first but I trust him enough that he doesnt over charge and honestly... I just wanted to get it over with.

He wants to also make a custom coolant tank that will hold more fluid and also ice for when I take it to the track. Doesn't sound like a bad option to me.
Let us know man....that's awesome!! Ice Ice baby!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep. Thats on my list of to-do items down the road.

To consider though is that the coolant lines from the Maggie are never hot enough. My hypothesis is that the coolant is actually moving too quickly through the intercooler (not the heat exchanger) and thus not transferring the heat properly. I surmise that adding some sort of flow restriction would help to transfer the heat and make an external coolant tank more beneficial.

Quick Reply: What else to do when installing a maggie?