Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Couple minor issues... Anyone know what would cause it??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple minor issues... Anyone know what would cause it??

Well,
We were working on the car last night swapping headliners and interior panels and I had the battery disconnected. When I connected the battery when we were done, everything worked as it should other than two things... My tire pressure sensors arent registering and my key fob won't work to lock or unlock the car.

I tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it and nothing changed. I changed the battery in my key fob remote and still nothing.

Could I have possibly blown a fuse or something? What would cause either one to stop working?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm... Remember that little plug above the mirror we couldn't figure out what it was for???...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh yeah! That could have something to do with it. But... When I looked close on the sunroof control panel, it looked like it was just for the onstar mic. I prob should have plugged it in anyway. I guess I'll pull the visors and see if I can get it plugged in.

Maybe it was some sort of antenna for the keyless entry...?

Hope we didn't miss anything else. Lol Thanks again for the help bro! I really appreciate it!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh... And the other weird thing is that the car allows me to turn the traction control completely off even though the tire pressures aren't registering. It used to not let me turn it off unless they were all registered and where they were supposed to be. I bet that plug has more to do with the car than we thought. Lol
Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a common problem when you screw around with the headliner..

check C4SS swayydee headliner thread on the other site.. i know he had this problem and got it figured out but i think he had to bring it to the dealer..check that thread for better info
Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

LOL, it shouldn't be related, but that's all I could think of. The fob receiver is in the drivers door I think, but we didn't dig around in there.

It was good to meet you and your friends. You're a cool group to hang out with!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Ahhhh ****! Not what I wanted to hear but I'll look it up. I don't see why it would cause any major issues just swapping it unless u forget to plug something in. We covered all our bases except that one little plug in the front I missed. I hope it's something simple.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah... I'll keep my fingers crossed that the one small wire solves all! Lol or maybe that antenna wire behind the rear passenger sail panel went to something afterall? Lol I thought it was for the antenna I removed but I'll look again.

It was good to meet you too man. Anytime you're in the Houston area, lmk. We can meet up and grab a beer or something.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:47 PM

the tire monitors just need reprogrammed and the fob just needs reprogrammed you can usaully drive around a little and it will pick up the tire monitors
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Veteran

That's what I thought too but I've driven prob 30 miles since this started and none have kicked on yet. I'll prob swing by discount tomorrow and see if they can reset it with their little electronic tire sensor tool.

As far as the fob, is their a way to reprogram it myself? I'm about to be out of the gym so I'll look for my owners manual to see what it says. Just can't remember if it's in my car or not.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think you can program the tire sensors without a working key fob.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

I got this off the disabling TPMS secion of the FAQ:

Alternative
The TPM can be ALSO disabled by disabling keyless entry also, if you're interested.
Pull the ARS fuse in one of the rear fuse centers (But then, you'll also disable the fobs and keyless entry)
I'd probably check that fuse first...
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the help man! I was googling the issue last night and came across a thread on cadillacforum where the guy had the same issue. There is some sort of module above the headliner by the rear dome light they said that can either not be plugged in or may not have a good connection so I'm going to look for it today. It an RCDLR module and when it's not plugged in or goes bad, the fobs won't work and the tmps won't register either along with radio reception being bad. I'm not sure if I have bad radio reception because I always use my iPod but sounds like that is likely my problem. Hope it's not something I left on the old headliner and forgot to swap it over...
Old 09-22-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Update...
We just drove the car again and checked the radio reception and and it was picking up stations. Seems to work fine as far as reception goes. But I did notice there is a slight whine through the speakers that seems to go with the rpm. Starts low and whines in a higher pitch as the rpm increases. And also... My iPod has some static now. Music is still clear when it's playing but when the volume is up and the music stops or a pause the iPod, I get static through the speakers.

What the hell? I'm sure all of this has a simple fix if I can figure out what it is but maybe I should have just kept my tan liner! Damn it! Lol
Old 09-22-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Taylor, let me know what that part looks like and I will just ship it to you. I just need the fabric, so any parts are free for the taking!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok bro, will do. Should have it apart shortly. We went for lunch but were headed back to the house now. I hope I know what it looks like when I see it. Lol maybe that box behind the sunroof assembly that had the 3 plug ports we plugged into. Pretty sure that's the only thing in the rear above the headliner that we plugged into right?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, was there a ground back there too? A ring terminal that would go with the Motorcycle bolt we had to use? I can't remember now... Too many Modelo's...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! Yeah... Too many is right! Lol That metal piece that came down under the plastic piece that the motorcycle bolt screwed through into the roof when we tightened it up. I believe that is the ground for everything back there from what I've read online. I'll take another look but I know I tightened that up when I put that dome light cover back in.

And to add to the shitty situation, I was checking the little clips on the glass that those wires plug into and somehow knocked the one loose off the front glass. Fml! Can I just superglue it back or what? I don't even know what it's for. Assuming the exterior temp monitor? I have the worst luck lol
Old 09-22-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Well... I have the headliner yanked back down again now and I don't see anything missing plug wise. I'm not sure what the problem is. I see the little silver box that clips in above the headliner in the rear and everything is plugged in other than the little wires that come out leading to the little things that clip on the window cause I unhooked them to pull it down. They were plugged in when it was installed. I don't know what the deal is here. Anything else I should check while I have it down?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Well the bad news is pulling the headliner again didn't fix the issue because nothing appeared to be wrong and everything was plugged in as it should be. Only thing i can think of is maybe that little aluminum box with the plugs and stuff that go to the rear glass is bad? Might have to get you to send that other one to me mark when you send those other things so I can swap it and see if that fixes it since it all worked with my tan liner. The good news is since I've pulled this bitch twice now with this time being alone doing it, I'm a pro at pulling headliners now and it won't be anything for me to pull it again to fix it or to black suade everything.

Quick Reply: Couple minor issues... Anyone know what would cause it??