Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cutouts Sound with "stockish" Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Cutouts Sound with "stockish" Mods

I was wondering if anyone has my setup. I want to make my car "louder" sometimes so I was looking at cutouts.

Current set up: stock manifold, stock cats, x-pipe and deleted mufflers.

I love the way it sounds right now but like I said I wanted to know if any body was running my set-up WITH cutouts.

I've looked on youtube but a lot of our cars have been modified more than mine and I cant get an actual sound clip of just cutouts. If you have stock everything with cutouts that would be great too!!!

Let me know what you have and if you have a vid it would be great.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZEU09yBNow

This is my setup. Stock resonator and magnaflow mufflers. The video does not do justice to how loud the cut outs are. Cut outs are right after cats.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Onefast V how does it sound with the cutouts closed that setup is just what I was thinking about. Is there any drone? Op I am not sure you are going to be much louder with cut outs, you have a wide open set up any ways. It will just move the sound to where ever you put the cut outs.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cts-v 07ct
Onefast V how does it sound with the cutouts closed that setup is just what I was thinking about. Is there any drone? Op I am not sure you are going to be much louder with cut outs, you have a wide open set up any ways. It will just move the sound to where ever you put the cut outs.
i do not have any drone with stock resonator and magnaflows. Its not a particularly loud setup but you can hear it when you really punch it.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

That is what I'm affraid of, not being much louder than I already am. I was thinking it may be a little louder due to the exhaust/noise traveling and losing umph through the longer pipe.

Decisions decisions...

Originally Posted by cts-v 07ct
Old 01-30-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the vid. I've seen it before but didnt know your mods. I think mine may sound louder than your open cutouts though. Hmmmm?

Originally Posted by Onefast V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZEU09yBNow

This is my setup. Stock resonator and magnaflow mufflers. The video does not do justice to how loud the cut outs are. Cut outs are right after cats.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

That was filmed using a Gopro in a waterproof casing. the mic is pretty sealed from the outside and isn't the greatest to begin with. The cutouts are VERY loud but like somebody else said, you are already running straight pipes. You are going to get much louder.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had pacesetters with the cut-outs right after the headers, then was bone stock from there back.
http://youtu.be/70AGYONhzUQ
Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

I have stock manifolds an x pipe in place of the resonator and electric cutouts right behind the x pipe with stock mufflers. Its pretty loud in and outside the car but with a flip of a switch I can silence it for highway and interstate cruising. Also there isn't really any room for them under car so I had to sacrifice ground clearance.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Not sure you will pick up much of anything from cutouts u are pretty much running cutouts right now the only difference is it may sound louder to you as it will be right under ur but the noise that is
Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

New cam it is then!!! LOL

thanks for the inputs guys/gals(?)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Oh yeah what tire shine do you use!!! Looks real nice

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
I had pacesetters with the cut-outs right after the headers, then was bone stock from there back.
http://youtu.be/70AGYONhzUQ
Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Onefast V
i do not have any drone with stock resonator and magnaflows. Its not a particularly loud setup but you can hear it when you really punch it.
No drone huh? You must have special Magnaflow mufflers because I had a pair on my V with the stock resonator in place and they do have drone. Ive had Magnaflows on alot of my previous vehicles and they always drone.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Heinsman
No drone huh? You must have special Magnaflow mufflers because I had a pair on my V with the stock resonator in place and they do have drone. Ive had Magnaflows on alot of my previous vehicles and they always drone.
It is all stock piping with Magnaflows welded in. I definitely cannot notice any droning noises at speed
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azn2dmax
Oh yeah what tire shine do you use!!! Looks real nice
off topic saw your thread... u have any short shifters at the moment by chance
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

LOL. I'll have two ready next week with improved lower connection bearings. Subscribe to the thread. I update it when new stock is in. Which type were u looking at. Send questions through that thread.

Thanks!!!!

Originally Posted by kl2onik
off topic saw your thread... u have any short shifters at the moment by chance
Old 02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chevy_man2000
I have stock manifolds an x pipe in place of the resonator and electric cutouts right behind the x pipe with stock mufflers. Its pretty loud in and outside the car but with a flip of a switch I can silence it for highway and interstate cruising. Also there isn't really any room for them under car so I had to sacrifice ground clearance.
I have this same setup and managed to maintain some ground clearance. The Y's for the cutouts are right where the pipes bend outward after the differential. I don't have any video of it, but they're pretty sick when opened. Turns a lot of heads when you get on it.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Any issues with the cutouts leaking or failing? What brands are you all using?

Ben
Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

DMH. and the only issue ive had in the 30k miles they've been on is some of the screw were a little loose
Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have DMH low profiles also and only issue has been the button to close them doesn't work occasionally. But, all I have to do is keep pressing it repeatedly and they close instead of just holding the button.

They won't leak if you follow the break-in procedure for the first time you run the car after installation. Open the cutouts and drive around for a while to get the system nice and hot, then close the cutouts fully and allow the exhaust to cool completely.

Quick Reply: Cutouts Sound with "stockish" Mods