Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Procharger, TVS, Eforce, Maggie, H/C, Stroker??

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:02 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I checked...Whipple, Kenne Bell, Pro-Charger...nobody will make anything for our cars.

Kenne Bell Reply:
Sorry Damian the C5 Corvette kit has been discontinued and is no longer available. We have no parts left over from that kit and do not have any plans to put any parts back into production. The only GM kit we sell at this time is the 2010-Up Camaro kit. Thanks Damian we appreciate the email and inquiry.

Looks like I deleted the response from Whipple...but the short and ugly was that "Whipple has no intentions to offer its product resources to support the platforms in question"...and went on to say that they believe that Dragon Performance (or some ****) made custom applications and to contact them, although they had no direct link to Whipple itself.

They both pretty much said "if its not a Ford, we're not interested".

Last I heard was that the Whipple boys were having major issue's with super high IAT's that pulled timing to the point that it was not worth it.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

In the 3000 miles I've driven since the whipple install, I've blown an axle, then a CV, a tranny, and my diff is making some awfully strange noises... My issues aren't high IAT's or power, it's keeping sh*t from breaking.

In hindsight, I should have followed common sense, which is to start with the weak link and work your way up... Not the other way around!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, that isnt a terrible problem to have. Just a pita and $$. What happens when/if you build the motor and crank up the boost?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

I hope to build the motor this summer, just saving my pennies for now!

I have a pretty nice diff brace I need to finish, I think it will keep the rear end together.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
In the 3000 miles I've driven since the whipple install, I've blown an axle, then a CV, a tranny, and my diff is making some awfully strange noises... My issues aren't high IAT's or power, it's keeping sh*t from breaking.

In hindsight, I should have followed common sense, which is to start with the weak link and work your way up... Not the other way around!
Hence me putting in a Gforce 9" and changing out the dual mass turd first

What about throwing a LS3 in my V? How much work would be involved there? I know about the Lingenfelter box (**** that I'll change the reluctor wheel on crank)
How much are LS3 long blocks going for? How much a LS6's selling for?

Sorry I didn't jump on your MP112 Mossberg......in the end I think I want more than what that blower will give me. Kind of the same predicament you are in.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:39 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well...we can all stop bitching about when it will come...the E-Force is already available for the V1...

http://www.rpm-motors-inc.com/produc...-shtml-87.html
Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DMM
Well...we can all stop bitching about when it will come...the E-Force is already available for the V1...

http://www.rpm-motors-inc.com/produc...-shtml-87.html
Check page 3 of this thread same link you posted bro...am curious to see someone who actually grabs one of these as rpm's info on them is extremely limited.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't get your hopes up people....I already did til they brought me back down.....

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:21 PM
To: Shane
Cc: RPM-Motors-Inc.com[/email]
Subject: CTS-V Supercharger
Shane,

The kit that that was put on the ctsv that was in our shop was completely custom. The motor was a 416 LS3 with LS3 heads hence the reason for getting the kit that is for the camaro/corvette. If you are going to install one of these kits onto your car you are going to have to get an edelbrock kit that is for a LS2 corvette. That way you have the correct port spacing for the heads.

As far as the instructions, I can send you the pictures that I have on the build but I do not have written instructions for the kit. I made most of the pieces for that kit specifically for that car so most of those pieces may not even work on your set up. I do not know the HP gains that you will see with that set up on a LS6 because we have not installed one of those kits on that motor. In theory it should be the same as one of those motors with a with a TVS 2300 from magnason. Around 22 hp for every LB of boost at the wheels. And 2300 is the size of the blower which is 2.3L; cfm is dependent on the speed that the rotors are spinning (i.e. pulley size).

You are also going to need to do some kind of battery relocation in order to fit the supercharger reservoir. I have attached some of the pictures that I have from the build, maybe they will help you in this process.

He only attached 2 pics....one of them was the one on the site

Last edited by lollygagger8; 03-02-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

So again.......is a cammed LS3 my best option?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

A cammed high compression ls3 set up in 416/418ci is an excellent route.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
A cammed high compression ls3 set up in 416/418ci is an excellent route.
How much HP should this net?

How much $$$ would I be looking at?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
How much HP should this net?

How much $$$ would I be looking at?
I would assume around 10 man. I also considered but don't think our car is worth enough to invest that much...just me though. Save the ten sell your wip and get a rebuilt v2 just my 2 cents
Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Lolly no sweat, i have a pending sale so its all good.

Your going to be limited without forced induktion. The maggie is a totally different category than whipple, etc. Uoure trippling the cost and wrench experience needed wheb youre building a motor and putting a large fi product on. I just dont see the potential vs. $ being worth it to invest $20k into this platform. By the time youre done building the motor, doing the blower, the 9 inch and beefing up the trans and clutch, you could be north of $30k. $25k for a v1 and 30k for upgrades, youre at $50k. You can get a v2 used for $40k and put $10k into it and be pretty close if not the sane as a fully done v2. The technology has just progressed so much since 05 that youre really fighting to just keep up. Just my thought process.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kl2onik
I would assume around 10 man. I also considered but don't think our car is worth enough to invest that much...just me though. Save the ten sell your wip and get a rebuilt v2 just my 2 cents
And this is why, maggie + cam is the best bang for your buck.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
Lolly no sweat, i have a pending sale so its all good.

Your going to be limited without forced induktion. The maggie is a totally different category than whipple, etc. Uoure trippling the cost and wrench experience needed wheb youre building a motor and putting a large fi product on. I just dont see the potential vs. $ being worth it to invest $20k into this platform. By the time youre done building the motor, doing the blower, the 9 inch and beefing up the trans and clutch, you could be north of $30k. $25k for a v1 and 30k for upgrades, youre at $50k. You can get a v2 used for $40k and put $10k into it and be pretty close if not the sane as a fully done v2. The technology has just progressed so much since 05 that youre really fighting to just keep up. Just my thought process.
Putting all this money into a V1 is not a wise financial decision in any shape or form. Fun yes wise no.

I was going to get a V2 but my wife said I had to keep my V1 for 10 years.... I only agreed if she would let me make a few modifications

I would have saved money if I had bought a V2, but Ill be much happier because I built this one myself and she thinks she won so I havent heard any complaining about all the boxes arriving.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
And this is why, maggie + cam is the best bang for your buck.
has he not bought your kit off you yet? 4k for that setup is a smoking deal. If your worried about it being used you can send the head unit to Magnuson for a refresh. Its only a couple hundred to have it refurbed unless you have a major problem. kl2onik, call thomas at Hendrix and see how much it will cost to send the unit in for an inspection.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope. No one that "wanted" it got it, but I have someone local that i'm meeting up with Sunday so it may work out better for me in the end. Really thankful and am hopeful that I don't have to worry about shipping it.

In the end, I can only try to convince someone so much that the stuff missing is small potatoes in the grand scheme of what you're getting.

Back when I had my S4 the same argument that is going on in this thread, went on there. You had the oem RS4 ko4 turbos, Vs ko4 Hybrids, Vs. Single turbo setup, GT variants (25/28)'s. I was always partial to the hybrids for the reliability and power they added. That was 3-4 years ago and I still have yet to see something impress me. No one really want to get in to the real test because the car's cant handle it. So they stick to dyno's and highway pulls. You can only push a platform so much and be cost effective. It's not realistic to think you're going to get a reliable 800-900 bhp out of a car that originally was built for 400bhp. In order to do this right I started adding things up and I could have bought 2 v1's.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets get this thread back on point instead of being a Maggie sale thread geesh.

What do you guys think of an LS3 swap?

How much is a long block? How much are people getting for LS6 with 20k miles?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
Lets get this thread back on point instead of being a Maggie sale thread geesh.

What do you guys think of an LS3 swap?

How much is a long block? How much are people getting for LS6 with 20k miles?
not to sound like a tool, but like start looking on ebay and salvage yards for a ls3 long block. thats would be a start to your $ involved question.
look at the engine sections of this site for answers on swapping parts,harnesses and so on. youve asked the same question 10x ..do some research on ur own and youll get farther than asking the same 5 guys the same thing ,just my .2cents good luck.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol get it back on topic? You were the original one wanting the maggie? Why is there even a thread about this? Everything that you stated in the title has different appeal depending on what you want. If someone cant figure that out than theyre best to stay away from the idea of going custom and stick to an ots product.

Quick Reply: Procharger, TVS, Eforce, Maggie, H/C, Stroker??