Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

DMH Cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DMH Cutouts

I will be ordering some DMH low profile cutouts for the V as part of my tax return spending. I noticed on the website it asks for approximate wire length on the order form...so I was wondering what length of wire people ordered when they were installing the cutouts prior to the mufflers.

Thanks in advance

Mark
Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unrelated to your post but I'm curious if the low profile cutouts are a must due to clearance on our cars... Especially when lowered? I am about to buy a pair of QTP's but if low profile will give me more clearance... I'll go that route. With my drop and the slightly shorter solid motor mounts, I have a feeling my headers will hang pretty low already.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

From my understanding I wouldn't say they are a must but will definitely be nice. I plan on lowing my V eventually so I'm just thinking ahead, why not decrease the risk of damaging something if possible.

Any takers on the original question?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

That's true. Prob a good idea.

As far as the wiring, I would just get as much as they will allow u to get and cut off what u don't need.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It really depends on where your cutouts are mounted and/or where you want your switch. Mine are right before the rear mufflers. I ordered 20 feet and thought that would be enough... it could really use about 6 more inches in my setup.

Anyway, order more than you think you need and then add a foot or two. You can always coil up what you don't use and tuck it away. Better too long than too short (that's what she said).
Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bud - my cutouts will be mounted right before the mufflers so that's exactly the information I was looking for, I'll order 22+ feet.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

I didn't even realize you could pick a size when I ordered mine. I just went to radio shack and got an extra 20 feet or so of wire. Cutouts right before the muffler and switch where the cigarette lighter used to be in the little flip tray.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have fancy DMH or QTP cutouts, but I do have a nice set of 5 year warrantied cut outs via fleabay. I ran them pre-muffler, up thru one of the grommets from the spare tire spot (drilled the grommet out a bit), ran it under seats, under carpet, under console. The only wire I needed extra for my cutouts was the +/- wiring. The wires that went to the cutouts themselves didn't need any extension.

I have a set of Badlanz stainless steels. I'll put up some vids soon hopefully.

I'm still not 100% done with the setup, since I'm planning on putting the button near the shifter, and I'll need some more time to cut out a nice section and make it look professional, but I have my half-assed job for now (since I still wanted to use them before i take the time to seat 'em in correctly) LOL
Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lt197formula
Bud - my cutouts will be mounted right before the mufflers so that's exactly the information I was looking for, I'll order 22+ feet.

Thanks
BTW, my switch is located on the driver's seat right in front of the lumbar rocker switch.

You'd think that 20 ft would be plenty but it was a stretch. I never measured what I actually got, but that's what I requested...
Old 03-26-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys ordering directly from DMH?

I can't find the low profile cutouts on their website.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

I had QTP on regular style cutouts. I have scraped the cutouts once pulling out of an Autozone that had a funky incline onto the street. Other than that I clear all speed bumps, etc. I am running stock ride height though. I would imagine low profile is a must for lowered cars.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Give them a call to order. I think they're in Ohio if you're wondering about time zones. Otherwise Maryland Speed has the low pros.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrSpeed
You guys ordering directly from DMH?

I can't find the low profile cutouts on their website.
DMH Low Profile Cutouts, Maryland Speed

Quick Reply: DMH Cutouts