Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

WTF wheelhop with gforce axle

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Who blew up a stock inner CV...lol. Thanx for ur stocks by the way... Think i am going to move to an 8.8 with a friend here shortly...
That should kill the wheel hop all together.
ive completely shattered inner cv stubs 3 times (2 of those times were on g-force axles. i couldnt win just band aiding the rear every couple months so i built the 8.8
Old 01-29-2014, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

With people running different tires and different suspensions, it isn't too surprising that some see better results that others.

I had SW cradle bushings for about 2 years before installing my gforce race axles. The bushings already took care of most hop anyhow. Once I a while I get a gentle skip, but it's nothing violent or alarming at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it hopped on a prepped drag strip, but I haven't ever taken this car to the drag strip and don't plan to anyhow.

Originally Posted by Camdcad
Awesome! i think what has been throwing me off is the fact that my axles are already assembled.
In case you weren't aware, those are race axles, with upgraded CVs. They looks like a slightly different design than my gforce axles. Maybe driveshaft shop?

Originally Posted by jimmyh
I had the Hendrix "pro" axles with the race CVs. They reduced wheelhop. On the street. They did NOT eliminate it. On a prepped track, they didn't make a bit of difference. This was with FG2 and all season tires. Don't waste your money on the "pro" axles. They don't do any better than the "economy" axle.
Race axles aren't supposed to stop wheelhop any better than econo axles. They replace the CV joints with better ones that don't break.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So would mine be considered better or worse then gforce?? how can you tell they are upgraded cv's? i paid ~250 for them, did i over pay or get a good deal?? :/
Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So would mine be considered better or worse then gforce?? how can you tell they are upgraded cv's? i paid ~250 for them, did i over pay or get a good deal?? :/
Where did you buy them?
Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually bought them from the guy that use to own my car. He had them installed, then when he traded the car off, he put stock axles back into. I ran into the guy 6 months after buying the car and he told me he had the gforce axles from when he had the car.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see... so he had extra CV's
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MN_V
I see... so he had extra CV's
right, likely just the standard setup with OEM CD's. Damn good price.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

You got a crazy good deal. New the gforce are $1700. DSS are in the same neighborhood. All of the used ones I've seen have been north of $1k.

I think the gforce and DSS are pretty comparable. You can spot race axles because they use bolt on stubs. Here is a picture of mine with a stock axle:

Quick Reply: WTF wheelhop with gforce axle