Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Feeler Thread: Thinking of selling the Maggie

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 07:36 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Feeler Thread: Thinking of selling the Maggie

Been toying with the idea of selling the Maggie and trying my hand at a twin turbo system using Comp Oil-less turbos. Since I have a complete shop with a lift and tools, I would prefer to have someone local interested so that we can transfer the components directly over and take my old take off stuff. Its just much easier that way, esp since the Maggie installation requires some of the nylon hoses be cut for the evap fittings.

I have HP Tuners and can provide a safe base street tune, however it would be best to have a dyno tune at some point so that you are not leaving power on the table.

I'll provide a new belt and intake gaskets. Coolant, crank pin (I have the kit, just need the roll pins), spark plugs, fuel filter, weld in Wideband sleeve, fender protection, etc would be your responsibility.

The Maggie was purchased and installed by myself in August 2010, a month before I went to Iraq (I returned last October). I am going high and say it might have 10k miles on it. I have 3 vehicles and the V does not get driven all too often.

I am looking for $4k - $4.5k for everything...if something else needs to be done (headers, motor mounts, etc) and we are on track (should take about a day in total to complete) I am good to give a hand and get it done. Not trying to rebuild a car though, which I think is fair all things considered.

I don't have a definitive time frame for this, however I am leaving next month again and won't be back until August sometime.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I might be interested. Depends on your final price point.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMM
... I am going high and say it might have 10k miles on it. ...
That's not bad at all. In July, I'll have had mine for five years. It has 26k miles on it without incident ... totally reliable.

Depending on the final price and what exactly is included, this could be a really good deal for someone.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im local but i dont have the money... wish I did. Would be much better to be maggied than cammed with wheels.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good deal, 10k is nothing for a Maggie. I'm going on 4 years and 35k miles without issue and I'm pretty sure they last twice that without needing any rebuilding. Considering you're getting install help to swap from one car to another, you're assured you're getting all the parts, which is always an issue with used kits.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I might be interested. Depends on your final price point.
Originally Posted by CTSV_510
Good deal, 10k is nothing for a Maggie. I'm going on 4 years and 35k miles without issue and I'm pretty sure they last twice that without needing any rebuilding. Considering you're getting install help to swap from one car to another, you're assured you're getting all the parts, which is always an issue with used kits.
Fuzzy...let me know what you are thinking. I purchased the kit with the additional inlet for the LS2 90mm throttle body so it should be complete for your V. Everything else should be the same...i'm sure someone with an LS2 can chime in.

Thanks guys, it is in excellent condition. Another forum member has been for a ride and can comment if they like...not trying to call anyone out. Making sure that the potential buyer gets all the parts is only half the equation, making sure they are installed correctly is just as if not more important. I know I would be pissed if I bought a used item and the person installing it called and told me I had to buy even more crap to make it work, I just don't want that to happen. I don't want to be "that guy" that is though of as selling an incomplete item...and I don't want anyone else getting ripped off. I could have sold it already if I wanted to box it up and send it to Michigan, i'd rather reinstall it than box it up honestly.

My thought was $3500 for the Maggie, $500 for the install with assistance, $250 tune, $250 for other (and there is always "other", lol). This sounded fair to me during the 10 minutes of consideration I gave it before I posted and went to bed last night. I concede that this should probably be given more than 10 minutes of consideration and am open to negotiation, although I think this is a pretty good deal. I agree that a final price point needs to be established though, so let me know what you guys think is fair and reasonable.

Also, I'm tight with the dealership I used to work at here in town, and I get stuff at nearly cost at the aftermarket parts house down the street also so most of this stuff can be had cheaper than most can get themselves.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

If you want to sell the ls2 snout and throttle body id be interested in those 2 items
Old 04-24-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DMM
Fuzzy...let me know what you are thinking.

My thought was $3500 for the Maggie, $500 for the install with assistance, $250 tune, $250 for other (and there is always "other", lol). This sounded fair to me during the 10 minutes of consideration I gave it before I posted and went to bed last night. I concede that this should probably be given more than 10 minutes of consideration and am open to negotiation, although I think this is a pretty good deal. I agree that a final price point needs to be established though, so let me know what you guys think is fair and reasonable.
Based on what you said there, I'm out. By the time that I rent a truck and drive all the way to where you're at, I'd be better off buying the Lingenfelter TVS1900 kit. Yeah, it's a little more expensive, but a) I'm in this to learn about engines, so I want to do every iota of every installation myself, b) I have a great tuner, and c) everything you've said up to this point precludes "other" from occurring, so that extra $250 sounds like "free" insurance. Plus the Lingenfelter kit comes with a 36,000 mile warranty and the TVS1900 is a step up from the MP112. I keep meaning to ask them for the cost of the kit minus the garbage that I don't need--it'll probably come out to just under $6,000 (it's $6,800 with everything).

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get someone to buy the Maggie for $4,500, but if nobody bites and you're willing to ship it for $3,500, let me know.

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 04-24-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Based on what you said there, I'm out. By the time that I rent a truck and drive all the way to where you're at, I'd be better off buying the Lingenfelter TVS1900 kit. Yeah, it's a little more expensive, but a) I'm in this to learn about engines, so I want to do every iota of every installation myself, b) I have a great tuner, and c) everything you've said up to this point precludes "other" from occurring, so that extra $250 sounds like "free" insurance. Plus the Lingenfelter kit comes with a 36,000 mile warranty and the TVS1900 is a step up from the MP112. I keep meaning to ask them for the cost of the kit minus the garbage that I don't need--it'll probably come out to just under $6,000 (it's $6,800 with everything).

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get someone to buy the Maggie for $4,500, but if nobody bites and you're willing to ship it for $3,500, let me know.
Fuzzy...def understand where you are coming from esp with the drive and you wanting to do the wrenching yourself, totally understand where you are coming from. Good luck dealing with Ligenfelter, and make sure you take plenty of pics!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Haha...think its sold already! LOL
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DMM
With the price increase from the "new" Magnuson it doesn't surprise me at all. Be safe in Afghan man.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

hahaha..thanks man! Just got back from a few garden spots in Africa and now I am going back to damn dirka-dirka-stan again...I'm hoping that they'll send me somewhere nice by accident at some point.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stay exactly where you are on the price. So useless for people to come in here and give a drawn out, life long story of why they arent buying your product. Turds
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
Stay exactly where you are on the price. So useless for people to come in here and give a drawn out, life long story of why they arent buying your product. Turds
You mean like how I wouldn't pay a couple extra thousand dollars for your Maggie with three times the mileage?

Don't make snide comments unless you want to start a fight.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
Does that include the LS2 parts or did you have those separately?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
hahaha..thanks man! Just got back from a few garden spots in Africa and now I am going back to damn dirka-dirka-stan again...I'm hoping that they'll send me somewhere nice by accident at some point.
I am on my way out the door to CJTF-HOA...haha. Every one I know is pissed that I got the deployment, if you can really call it that.

But when I get home, the V is going bye bye. And I will be parking a Z06 in my garage...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

You mean like how I wouldn't pay a couple extra thousand dollars for your Maggie with three times the mileage?

Don't make snide comments unless you want to start a fight.
You or the other few turds that couldnt figure out a parts list if it was a coloring book. Dosent matter to me, i sold it quickly and locally. The best part here is you cant even read basic math but you talk about your master plan for a tvs build. >20k miles is under 20k miles not over, therfore saying three times the amount of miles calls for the polished turd award. Regardless of your stupidity, my point here is by you posting all of your babble for attention of a "tvs kit" that you will do, you may make other turds in your nation begin to low ball him on what is an awesome deal.

Are your gloves still on?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
You or the other few turds that couldnt figure out a parts list if it was a coloring book. Dosent matter to me, i sold it quickly and locally. The best part here is you cant even read basic math but you talk about your master plan for a tvs build. >20k miles is under 20k miles not over, therfore saying three times the amount of miles calls for the polished turd award. Regardless of your stupidity, my point here is by you posting all of your babble for attention of a "tvs kit" that you will do, you may make other turds in your nation begin to low ball him on what is an awesome deal.

Are your gloves still on?
Yep. Just contacted Silverado, identifying the fact that you've been acting like an *******. Just because you've been careful to use forum-safe language doesn't make your attitude or tendency to try to provoke fights on this forum any more acceptable than it would be if you used profanity to do it.

Oh, and if you want pick nits, a quantity (e.g. "20,000 miles") is not the same as performing math (2+2 = 4). Oh, and a single-sided comparative statement (e.g. ">20k miles") is not a valid mathematical statement.

Your initial thread was light on the details, and you failed to sell it on this forum because you a) you didn't provide specific answers to specific questions and b) your attitude stunk. That'll ward off all but the most desperate customers. More specifically: between the non-specific mileage and parts list, it sounded like you were trying to cover something up.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

You know you had fun in Africa...lol. Tryin to go to Australia for a week "down unda" at a spot thats having issues to avoid the dirka dirka sun bath! Congrads on the sale!

Originally Posted by DMM
Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Yep. Just contacted Silverado,

Quick Reply: Feeler Thread: Thinking of selling the Maggie