Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What is the paint code for my 2005 silver V???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is the paint code for my 2005 silver V???

Yes i did a search. My new OEM bumper cover will be here tomorrow as well as my EC cowl hood. My painter is asking for the paint code so he can price paint and get the ball rolling so he has it on hand when i take him the hood and bumper to be painted.

I was told it could be found on a sticker that is on the bottom side of the spare tire cover in the trunk but there is no sticker there. Assuming someone at some point must have removed it or maybe that cover was replaced? Really dont know. Considering there is a nitrous bottle under there and everything else has been taken out of that compartment, maybe my buddy peeled the sticker off not realizing it had important info on it.

Anyway, from what someone else posted on another thread that came up on google about this same thing... The paint code should be 67U. Is that correct?? Can anyone verify this??

Vin number is: 1G6DN56S750212221

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what's the name of the v's silver? platty silver or something? 67u is silverstone metallic, which is now called lt tarnished silver metallic.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=56492
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought it was platinum silver according to what i've seen here on the forum. Really not sure though. I just want to make sure i give him the right code and i don't end up with a bumper and hood that doesn't match.

From what i read, nothing confirmed that this was the correct paint code. It was a post/response from some random person who could very well be wrong.

There is only one shade/tone of silver for the 04-07 V right?

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 06-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

My 2005 is Tarnished Silver, pt code 67U (WA994L)
Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Your painter will have to match the paint regardless because from what i remember there are about 6 different variances within that 67U paint code. Some blending might actually be needed to get a seamless match. The dealer had a hard time matching a side skirt on my car, they had to blend it in.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's NEVER gonna match up Taylor. Might as well break out that bra and get it armor-all'd up!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

FML! Thats the LAST thing I wanted to hear. I'm hoping that's not true cause if thats the case, this is gonna be a bitch.

No bras for me. I'd rather just **** someone off and have em key the whole car and get it all done. Lol
Old 06-05-2012, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Silver is definitely the hardest paint color to match because of the flakes and the way they lay. You'd be lucky to even get a "close".
Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It won't match if you have Earl Scheib or Maaco paint it.

I had my front bumper repainted and you can't even tell....and I'm VERY picky about my car. Tell them that before hand, and tell them that you wax it all the time, so it better fn match. I took mine to one of the best painters in town and told them that and it came out great. Ask around town, find out who does good work, and take it there.

Just like getting a tattoo, you wouldn't go to somebody that does shitty work.....it's gonna be there forever.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
FML! Thats the LAST thing I wanted to hear. I'm hoping that's not true cause if thats the case, this is gonna be a bitch.

No bras for me. I'd rather just **** someone off and have em key the whole car and get it all done. Lol
BAHAHAHAAAA....I couldn't resist. When my wife rolled mine into the gate and THE FIRST person in public to see it said "hell you could cover that up with a bra" I was like "HELL NAW, I'd rather drive it into a bridge"
Old 06-06-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Veteran

I have a paint guy that is going to do the painting on the hood and on the bumper for me but I'm just concerned with the match. He told me he should be able to match it 100% but may need to blend into the fenders to make it perfect depending on the current condition of my paint. He's going to look at it beforehand and let me know what he thinks and what his suggestion would be as far as painting it.

Quick Reply: What is the paint code for my 2005 silver V???